PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All this talk about the play clock going to 0...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
...is hilarious. I didn't see anyone having a problem when the exact same thing happened in SB XL.

Play clock was at zero for crucial Ravens first down - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

zerose0.jpg

I don't know, but in XL, did that play sustain a game winning drive.

I don't know, but in XL, did that play sustain a game winning drive.

It helped Pittsburgh run the clock out. Anyway, I'd say the refs taking away every big Seattle play on ticky tack calls at best was shady enough.

I think everyone acknowledges that was one of the worst officiated football games ever.

I don't really have a problem with the clock going to 0 unless it is being inconsistently called in favor of one team. I'd also rather they goof in favor of letting it go and a play counting than they goof the other way around.

It does seem that they should update the technology used to enforce the rule - I always understood that the refs may be keeping time separately on the field and that explained this away, but yesterday explanations appeared to be that the field play clock was indeed official time and the ref in charge of this watches the clock all the way to zero then checks to see if the ball is snapped, almost always giving a team an extra second.

I think it just evens things out for Balmer, who got jobbed by the refs the last time those two teams played. It all comes out in the wash. :cool:

this time it was agaisnt the titans, who ohh btw have a head coach by the name of fisher, who ohh btw is in the competition committee

who the hell do the seahawks have? no one

i wouldnt be surprised polian got pissed off, and intervened...(as usually happens, in favor of the ravens)

There was a game a week or two ago, where the play clock on screen was at 0 for atleast 3 seconds, and the whistle never went for a penalty.

Is it always correct?

There was a game a week or two ago, where the play clock on screen was at 0 for atleast 3 seconds, and the whistle never went for a penalty.

Is it always correct?

There's actually been a few games this season where the playclock would expire, and the ball hiked 1 to 2 seconds later. I don't care either way because it happened to the crappy Titans. Now the fans down here will shut up about the "dirty, cheating Patriots" , and instead, focus on the Refs, and Ravens. :D

Circa 2000..... All over again around here.

Could there not be a buzzer, or horn, or something triggered when the clock goes to zero, like in... well... almost every other sport?

And why isn't a timing error reviewable? That seems to be one of the things that replay could do best, assuming that the play clock on the screen is the "official" time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back