Welcome to PatsFans.com

All the Draft Grades

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Bostonian1962, May 4, 2006.

1. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

O.K., I have no idea if anybody mentioned this, but I was just on DraftDaddy.com, and they had a link to ESPN, where they have a very good listing of all the major outlets draft grades.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2431855

They take an average of all of them, and then show each teams grade.

Only three teams were graded higher than the Pats, if my quick scan is correct. I love the way they did this.
  2. groundgame

groundgame Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thanks for link. Your'e right, Pats at 3.4 grade overall tied for 4th best with Phil & Denver. #1 Ariz 3.8; #2 S.F. 3.6; #3 N.O 3.5; #7 NYJ 3.3 overall.
  3. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +56 / 2 / -0

That about sums up my own assessment of the AFC East - Pats and Jets did well, Fins and Bills mediocre at best - though Saban was limited with few draft picks
  4. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

You're welcome, and thanks for reviewing the numbers. Now, if folks say the same thing about our draft in 3 years, I'll feel even better.:)
  5. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

it is kinda weird to see a team get a score of F and C, and then see a team get an A+ as well as a C.
  6. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It's all the more remarkable if you take into consideration where those other teams were drafting and facts such as that the Jets had to give up a premier player in John Abraham to get their second first round pick which became Nick Mangold. Denver had two firsts at one point (although they traded back) as well, and SF was drafting 6th overall.
  7. Fanfrom1960

Fanfrom1960 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

That's what I was going to say: you could come up with a "weighting" factor to adjust the grades for where teams drafted. For example, SF drafted early and often, so they'd better come up with a good grade. OTOH the Patriots had to wait until the 21st pick.
  8. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0

Dr. Z's draft analysis and when I stopped reading it:

They look like a pack of hooligans. They yell and scream and carry on, but believe me, the most sophisticated football fans in the country are the ones who attend the draft in NYC, and most of them are Jets fans.

Amazing.
  9. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 5 / -3

Indy...2.3 hehehehehehe. :)