PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All the Draft Grades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
O.K., I have no idea if anybody mentioned this, but I was just on DraftDaddy.com, and they had a link to ESPN, where they have a very good listing of all the major outlets draft grades.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2431855

They take an average of all of them, and then show each teams grade.

Only three teams were graded higher than the Pats, if my quick scan is correct. I love the way they did this.

Thanks for link. Your'e right, Pats at 3.4 grade overall tied for 4th best with Phil & Denver. #1 Ariz 3.8; #2 S.F. 3.6; #3 N.O 3.5; #7 NYJ 3.3 overall.

That about sums up my own assessment of the AFC East - Pats and Jets did well, Fins and Bills mediocre at best - though Saban was limited with few draft picks

groundgame said:
Thanks for link. Your'e right, Pats at 3.4 grade overall tied for 4th best with Phil & Denver. #1 Ariz 3.8; #2 S.F. 3.6; #3 N.O 3.5; #7 NYJ 3.3 overall.

You're welcome, and thanks for reviewing the numbers. Now, if folks say the same thing about our draft in 3 years, I'll feel even better.:)

it is kinda weird to see a team get a score of F and C, and then see a team get an A+ as well as a C.

groundgame said:
It's all the more remarkable if you take into consideration where those other teams were drafting and facts such as that the Jets had to give up a premier player in John Abraham to get their second first round pick which became Nick Mangold. Denver had two firsts at one point (although they traded back) as well, and SF was drafting 6th overall.

PromisedLand said:
It's all the more remarkable if you take into consideration where those other teams were drafting and facts such as that the Jets had to give up a premier player in John Abraham to get their second first round pick which became Nick Mangold. Denver had two firsts at one point (although they traded back) as well, and SF was drafting 6th overall.
That's what I was going to say: you could come up with a "weighting" factor to adjust the grades for where teams drafted. For example, SF drafted early and often, so they'd better come up with a good grade. OTOH the Patriots had to wait until the 21st pick.

Dr. Z's draft analysis and when I stopped reading it:

They look like a pack of hooligans. They yell and scream and carry on, but believe me, the most sophisticated football fans in the country are the ones who attend the draft in NYC, and most of them are Jets fans.

Amazing.

Indy...2.3 hehehehehehe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back