PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All Posters - Must read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that this site is very well moderated. I have to tip my hat to pchick especially, she seems on a whole other level from the rest of us when it comes to intelligent discourse here.

I hope patsnut stays strict on his rule, since there are posters here who don't understand that "need to get a clue", "need to get a dose of reality" are condescending. I just copied and pasted some text in a recent thread that I believe needs to be looked at regarding one poster's words to Triplechamp.

Thank you.

We will decide when a poster crosses the line, neither or those did IMO. And we do intend to keep things civil and that includes taking action on previous warnings.

Thank you.

We will decide when a poster crosses the line, neither or those did IMO. And we do intend to keep things civil and that includes taking action on previous warnings.

How do you intend to keep things civil when you allow someone to tell others to "get a clue", use words like "needs a dose of reality", or "you don't know what you're talking about"

I agree that this site is very well moderated. I have to tip my hat to pchick especially, she seems on a whole other level from the rest of us when it comes to intelligent discourse here.

That's because Patchick is on a whole other level from the rest of us when it comes to intelligent discourse here.

Calling a thing asinine tends to put somebody into defensive mode. And that's what I mean by stoking the fire. Maybe instigating is a better word,

I agree that kind of language should be considered instigating, and it has no place in a forum that cares about keeping things civil. It's extremely childish when someone can't help himself from throwing in these little jabs, and even argues on page 1/2 for why he should be allowed to continue instigating.

I agree that kind of language should be considered instigating, and it has no place in a forum that cares about keeping things civil. It's extremely childish when someone can't help himself from throwing in these little jabs, and even argues on page 1/2 for why he should be allowed to continue instigating.

So, you're claiming that a blind man would be able to see if we just called him "visually impaired" instead of blind?

Deus don't turn this isn't an argument over what is PC or not.

If I responded to you in a thread telling you to "get a clue", that you "need a dose of reality", asking "do you even know what you are talking about", that is instigating and you would be moved to respond or escalate the situation to defend your position.

The problem is there is a poster here who does this ALL THE TIME with others here with that kind of language, who doesn't understand why fires keep popping up whenever he posts, to the point where it's a complete drag on the entire site.

Deus don't turn this isn't an argument over what is PC or not.

If I responded to you in a thread telling you to "get a clue", that you "need a dose of reality", asking "do you even know what you are talking about", that is instigating and you would be moved to respond or escalate the situation to defend your position.

The problem is there is a poster here who does this ALL THE TIME with others here with that kind of language, who doesn't understand why fires keep popping up whenever he posts, to the point where it's a complete drag on the entire site.

But you're making my point, and that of DaBruinz, whom you are trying to call out without actually calling out. In my opinion, DaBruinz cuts to the chase and doesn't sugarcoat his words for those who are too 'soft' natured to handle it. He and I don't always get along, but we both get tired of people who make the same foolish arguments time after time and on thread after thread.

Your obsession with McDaniels is far more of a "complete drag on the entire site" than anything I've ever seen DaBruinz post, just for one example. Calling a stupid post a "stupid post" is precisely what a message board is supposed to be for. Shall we get rid of the more mean-spirited smilies, too?

:disagreement::rolleyes::banned::enranged::nono::wha::blahblah::rolleyes2::ugh::pigsfly:

....... more to come....

:idontgetit::banned2::sleeping::spygate::steamed::beatingcoming::deadhorse::yawn2::ban?::scream::nooo:

more to come.....

:explative:trolls::bricks:

Every one of those should be eliminated because they can be instigating.

In my opinion, DaBruinz cuts to the chase and doesn't sugarcoat his words for those who are too 'soft' natured to handle it.

It's not about being "soft". I can handle it, but then he can't and then resorts to childish little "I know you are but what am I" comebacks.

I am fine for a free for all mentality. I can handle it and hope others can too.

But when someone has been doing this kind of instigating and flame throwing for at least 4 years (when I joined the site), and even after a mod making a thread about it, and this poster still doesn't get it and even defends the behavior on pages 1 and 2 of this thread, that is when there's a problem.

If the mods are seemingly okay with the kind of language I flagged above, then I'll use the same kind of language since it somehow doesn't apply to the rules about preventing instigation or keeping things civil.

Based on your own view towards "PC" mods, I think you'd agree.

So, you're claiming that a blind man would be able to see if we just called him "visually impaired" instead of blind?

Oh brother. You can help the guy cross the street, make fun of him because he's blind, or ignore him. Which one are you?

Oh brother. You can help the guy cross the street, make fun of him because he's blind, or ignore him. Which one are you?

Which one of those miraculously makes him not blind?

It's extremely childish when someone can't help himself from throwing in these little jabs, and even argues on page 1/2 for why he should be allowed to continue instigating.

That also means you shouldn't do it yourself, either. I mean, you're getting in little jabs, implying people are childish, and pointing fingers right here. You got to walk the walk.

Didn't any of you guys ever have siblings?

It's not about being "soft". I can handle it, but then he can't and then resorts to childish little "I know you are but what am I" comebacks.

I am fine for a free for all mentality. I can handle it and hope others can too.

But when someone has been doing this kind of instigating and flame throwing for at least 4 years (when I joined the site), and even after a mod making a thread about it, and this poster still doesn't get it and even defends the behavior on pages 1 and 2 of this thread, that is when there's a problem.

If the mods are seemingly okay with the kind of language I flagged above, then I'll use the same kind of language since it somehow doesn't apply to the rules about preventing instigation or keeping things civil.

Based on your own view towards "PC" mods, I think you'd agree.

Look, let's just use your post here for an example. You don't have the stones to name the guy you're trying to get in trouble, but everyone still knows that you're calling out DaBruinz in an effort to get him busted. By the same token, if you seriously made the claim that Wilfork was going to convert to quarterback and become the greatest QB in NFL history, everyone would think your post was completely idiotic. Whether they called it idiotic, "interesting" or "Billy Bordeaux", you'd know full well that they all thought your post was idiotic. Nothing changes except the heavy hand of the police. The history of mankind has shown us this time and again.

Last edited:
Which one of those miraculously makes him not blind?

Sweet rhetorical question. People don't change so why are you beating your head against a wall? Pick your battles - move on and solve some NP complete problems or something.

Look, let's just use your post here for an example. You don't have the stones to name the guy you're trying to get in trouble, but everyone still knows that you're calling out DaBruinz in an effort to get him busted. By the same token, if you serously made the claim that Wilfork was going to convert to quarterback and become the greatest QB in NFL history, everyone would think your post was completely idiotic. Whether they called it idiotic, "interesting" or "Billy Bordeaux", you'd know full well that they all thought your post was idiotic. Nothing changes except the heavy hand of the police. The history of mankind has shown us this time and again.

Internet bully ITP. Just let it go, you're turning this forum to crap at the time of year when this is the most interesting forum on this board.

Internet bully ITP. Just let it go, you're turning this forum to crap at the time of year when this is the most interesting forum on this board.

Given the number of posts you'd made on this thread before I'd made even one, perhaps you're the one who should "just let it go"?

Mav has been banned for 5 days. He had been warned about baiting and instigating.

I want everyone else to drop this now. We don't want to take further actions but it could happen if posters do not act accordingly.

Last edited:
Mav has been banned for 5 days. He had been warned about baiting and instigating.

I want everyone else to drop this now. We don't want to take further actions but it could happen if posters do not act accordingly.

:ditto:

For heaven's sake, can't we at least manage to keep the "no insults" thread free of insults?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes