PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All-Overrated Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
People like yourself really don't know WTF you are talking about when it comes to Graham's hands. The fact is that only his 1st 2 years were bad. After that, he only had 1 or 2 drops a season. Many times, the Pats used him to help shore up the tackle situation because guys like Gorin and Ashworth weren't all that great and regularly needed help.

I was a major critic of Graham (on USENET) during his rookie training camp. He looked clueless and out of place while droping most everything thrown at him. His penchant for stone hands lasted 2 seasons as stated above. However, the guy worked on his hands, developed into an outstanding blocker and a good pass catching TE who dropped far less passes than the perrenially over rated Shockey. Graham was a solid team focused contributor here who just became too expensive for the Pats position value, a correct decision by Belioli.

Yeah, but would you consider him one of the top 5 TE's in the game? Because that's what people were saying when the Patriots tried to resign him.

He was a really good blocking TE, but Brady had to pull him up to average in the receiving game. Would you agree?

Opening post you're an idiot about TO, he's not just good he's great, he is currently tied for third in NFl history for most tds by a wr. Guess who's ahead of him: Jerry rice and chris carter. GReat right? So would a good wr get to that level. No you have to be great to get to that level. :rolleyes:

i read the offense and decided list sucks

McGahee overrated? Whos talking about him this year? Hes got 749 yards and averaging 4.3 ypc on maybe the worst offense with a banged up OL. If any Raven is doing well its gotta be McGahee

Owens? I know his hands are perfect but stats dont lie..hes behind Randy and hes playing great.

i would quibble over a couple. david carr. drew breese.

thing is, i think an NFL coach could take this group and go 9-7.

We will find out how much Dwight Freeney means to the Colts defense now that he was placed on injured reserve.

I stopped reading at McNabb... I mean c'mon. There are numerous other current quarterbacks that are 1/2 the QB McNabb is and twice as over-hyped. Young, Rivers, Vick and Eli Manning immediately come to mind. McNabb may not even be in my top 10 most overrated QBs.

You're right on this. McNabb isn't overrated, he's old beyond his years because he's been beaten up so much. Nobody is hyping McNabb nowadays.

Please tellme you didnt just call Ted Johnson of 2002 a great run stopping LB.
He was in 1996, by 2002 he was atrocious.

Did TJ even play ion 2002 or was he on IR with a bicep tear?:confused:

Did TJ even play ion 2002 or was he on IR with a bicep tear?:confused:

He played in 2002. That year, Bruschi missed 5-6 games. In the games Bruschi played we allowed almost exactly the amount of rushing yards per game as we did in winning the SB in 2001 (about 110). In the games Bruschi was out, and TJ started in his place, we allowed over 180 rush yds a game. One of the games (either SD or KC) TJ made something like 17 tackles. There was a whole bunch of "TJs back" talk, and a bunch of people saying he played great, and then a Boston Sportswriter went to the tape, and added the yards gained on the running plays TJ made the tackle on and it was something like 9 yards a carry.

I loved TJ early in his career, before he started getting hurt, but thought he was awful in the BB years. He and Antowain Smith were by far my 2 least favorites in those days (outside of the obvious Terry Glenn types)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back