PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All out attack on the media

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
SOMEBODY has to lead the charge. So why not us? When you think about it, how has the media avoided all the facts & stories of cheating in the NFL? Why do they choose NOT to write about these facts? Why are they purposefully TRYING to paint the Patriots as Cheaters when cheating has been part of the game for decades?

Why, why, why....do so many in the media seem like they are trying to take the Patriots down? I am so F***ING sick & tired of this farce. Isn't there a Patsfan.com member who has a contact in the media who can tell us once & for all why the media has chosen to report on the Patriots rule violations and not written one iota about how widespread all of this has been?

Why are they investigating an a** like Walsh and not investigating the facts behind espionage in the NFL? If there is a purposeful effort to destroy BB & the Patriots as they are today, that MUST be a conspiracy. And here we sit doing nothing about it. Shame on us!

Can someone please suggest a way to FORCE the media to do this? I for one am ready & willing for an all out attack on the media. We just need someone to help us focus & organize our efforts.

I would donate $$ to such a cause if that is what is necessary.

Last edited:
SOMEBODY has to lead the charge. So why not us? When you think about it, how has the media avoided all the facts & stories of cheating in the NFL? Why do they choose NOT to write about these facts? Why are they purposefully TRYING to paint the Patriots as Cheaters when cheating has been part of the game for decades?

Why, why, why....do so many in the media seem like they are trying to take the Patriots down? I am so F***ING sick & tired of this farce. Isn't there a Patsfan.com member who has a contact in the media who can tell us once & for all why the media has chosen to report on the Patriots rule violations and not written one iota about how widespread all of this has been?

Why are they investigating an a** like Walsh and not investigating the facts behind espionage in the NFL? If there is a purposeful effort to destroy BB & the Patriots as they are today, that MUST be a conspiracy. And here we sit doing nothing about it. Shame on us!

Can someone please suggest a way to FORCE the media to do this? I for one am ready & willing for an all out attack on the media. We just need someone to help us focus & organize our efforts.

I would donate $$ to such a cause if that is what is necessary.

and1. ten char.

Sign me up......

I'll do whatever to send a message from the fans of New England......tell the truth guys, ask all the questions and report the facts.

Isn't that what a reporter is supposed to do? Yet they coninue on and on with a Patriot smear campaign, for reasons that may be as simple as they do not like BB.

Well, in New Englad - we LOVE having this guy as our coach and appreciate all he has done so far and the successes that will surely follow.

Sign me up......

I'll do whatever to send a message from the fans of New England......tell the truth guys, ask all the questions and report the facts.

Isn't that what a reporter is supposed to do? Yet they coninue on and on with a Patriot smear campaign, for reasons that may be as simple as they do not like BB.

Well, in New Englad - we LOVE having this guy as our coach and appreciate all he has done so far and the successes that will surely follow.

Unfortunately, I think we need someone with some media savvy to show us the way. I know a bunch of emails from Patriots fans isn't going to sway anyone...even if we are right.

Couldn't we maybe sway the entire Boston Globe staff to step up & speak out? We just don't have the platform to be heard and we know people would just call us homers.

I HAVE been waging a one man war on these moronic media hacks....my e-mail box is loaded with "thank you for your input" replies. They're so polite after you savage them, actually quite happy they drew any response at all.

I'd be willing to contribute to this cause if organized.

I HAVE been waging a one man war on these moronic media hacks....my e-mail box is loaded with "thank you for your input" replies. They're so polite after you savage them, actually quite happy they drew any response at all.

At least you're making an effort. But that's why we need a leader or spokesperson. I don't know diddly about the ins & outs of the media. We need a friend with some clout.

Last edited:
It would be great to take it to the media, but somehow I think it would be twisted or ignored. Even Reiss' pieces get spun into some anti-patriots drivel once espn gets a hand on it. I'm all for this cause tho...hopefully there is someone with some say or who has a strong suggestion to see this through. I too will do whatever I can to back it up....

Unfortunately, I think we need someone with some media savvy to show us the way. I know a bunch of emails from Patriots fans isn't going to sway anyone...even if we are right.

Couldn't we maybe sway the entire Boston Globe staff to step up & speak out? We just don't have the platform to be heard and we know people would just call us homers.

Agreed 100%.....I know there are posters here that are current or former media folk or some that would be able to offer their expertise in many ways. Step up guys and help advise as to how we go about things.

Surely, there has to be a lot of people that seek the truth with no BS. Cut through those with hidden Comcast agenda's, no weirdo's from years ago looking for a quick payday, no writers with axes to grind because they are not happy with the way BB answers them, no jealous members of losing organizations........just a way to help us all find that truth.

Organize us please, there must be ways that we can send a few messages that are clear & concise, that cry out for fairness & honesty, these would be messages from real fans of the Patriots & the NFL, that would be heard as meaningful, loud and clear seeking the truth.

That individual would have to be someone that could handle a lot of egg in the face if Spygate goes as deep as some expect. It's bad enough each Pats fan has to deal with their team being called a cheater because of a few minutes of game film...but if there is some credibility to the Walsh story, it could get even uglier. Yes the Patriots are taking a hit, but lets be honest...it is Bill's fault this happened. He needs to confront the media, not any of us. I love the Pats and I constantly defend the organization and their achievements...but c'mon, Bill needs to put this to bed not us.

Agreed 100%.....I know there are posters here that are current or former media folk or some that would be able to offer their expertise in many ways. Step up guys and help advise as to how we go about things.

Surely, there has to be a lot of people that seek the truth with no BS. Cut through those with hidden Comcast agenda's, no weirdo's from years ago looking for a quick payday, no writers with axes to grind because they are not happy with the way BB answers them, no jealous members of losing organizations........just a way to help us all find that truth.

Organize us please, there must be ways that we can send a few messages that are clear & concise, that cry out for fairness & honesty, these would be messages from real fans of the Patriots & the NFL, that would be heard as meaningful, loud and clear seeking the truth.

That's an interesting point because throughout this whole dilemma we have heard coaches, players, and fans from other teams and their opinions. Yet, no one takes into account the opinion of Patriots fans. It's like the media thinks there is no one who supports the patriots and that us fans are just sitting in the shadows ashamed of our team. They are COMPLETELY mistaken. I think Pats fans are more unified then ever, and it would be great to be able to show our team and our coach how much we love them and back them up with support....I really hope something can be done....

TiltingLogo.jpg

it's probably too late to do very much now. opinions have been formed, both in the general public and in the media.

the people who all along have had the deep pockets and the motivation to defend themselves are the Krafts. there are media consultants who make fortunes "getting out the story" for companies and institutions who, fairly or unfairly, have been the subject of one-sided or biased media coverage. the best are very effective, even when we don't like their methods. so far, the krafts have not engaged this kind of help. or, if they have, they have hired the wrong help.

on the day that spygate broke in september, before it was even getting much attention out here, i posted that the story "had legs" and that the Krafts should get ahead of it in the media before it took on a life of its own. i was flamed for "taking spygate seriously" because it would "go away."

Last edited:
Okay, a couple of things:

- As we've noticed whenever they come out, there are a steady stream of stories to the effect of "Everybody has been doing this for ages." They are, however, overwhelmed by "how deep does it go?" stories

- We're not the only fans in the world. If you didn't notice, all the other teams' fans think every bad thing you could possibly say about the Pats is true, and they have acted that way since September. Those are the majority of customers for the news outlets in question

- A "war on media"... what does that mean? Some attempt to censor, boycott, shut down, or otherwise economically hurt media outlets? We don't have the clout, and it's unwise anyway. We'd just be seen as angry butthead fans.

The positive spin: It's not every writer, and it's not reliable, but one way of getting a "story" these days is to take the pulse of this or that bbs in the blogosphere.

Conclusion: Don't fixate on the media, fixate on the issues. If I'm writing a "pulse of Patriots nation" article, I don't write "The Patriots' fans think so and so about our paper..." I write, "The Patriots' fans think so and so about spygate."

Guys, we are the other side of the story. Some writers will think that's worth reporting on... of course, we're almost bound to give them fodder for "koolaid-drinking zombie Patriots Fans..." articles, the way things look on here.

So just maybe, the way to have media impact is to offer less hyperbolic opinion, react less hysterically, and have the same conversation you'd always have. "The Media" isn't a club, it's a group of allied professions. The individuals in that group are sometimes lazy and sometimes dogged and fair. Their editors are sometimes beholden to ownership interests, and sometimes principled. Regardless, the only way to get media access is to contact someone in media, with a non-hyperbolic offer of something of value to them, in the way of information (what they are supposed to trade in.)

Little hint: you probably won't get sympathetic coverage when the thread title is "all out attack on the media."

PFnV

WAITAMINNIT, I just had a positive epiphany.... here's a bunch of fans saying "Organize Us!" and I'm being a wanker pessimist. You guys are an organizer's dream.

If anybody has more experience and savvy, please, please take the reins. If not, I'll throw a few ideas into the hat (have had some experience in the arena but not vast extensive experience.) What the hell, my uncle has a barn, let's put on a show!

Last edited:
Personally, I think the best thing we can do is try to make them irrelevant. That is slowly but consistently happening with newspapers so the media is getting more irresponsible to generate interest. Internet and 24 hour network news is killing the newspaper.

I think the same thing could happen if everybody ignores them. You'll never be able to convince the media to print something with a certain slant. They have their own agenda: creating a product that gets consumed. If nobody consumes it, they simply go away. We can't control the masses. All we can do is move on. Don't click on any internet links in here about news stories. The media won't produce something that nobody is reading.

Personally, I think the message you want to send is the same excuse I used when I was in high school and got caught smoking weed: everybody else is doing it. It's true that they were (it was the 1970s), but it didn't make me any better off. I was the one that got caught.

I'll be able to offer my services after I solve world hunger, execute a successful exit strategy for Iraq, and learn how to walk through walls.

The media can be a team's best friend or it's worst enemy. It's all hype, sometimes positive, sometimes negative. If you want to attack the media, good luck. Maybe one of us will be billionaires someday and have enough money to buy every single news outlet so the media can't hurt our feelings anymore.

Next thing you're going to say is that we need to start a war on "terror" haha

PatfaninVa: Wow, a level headed response...finally. In case you all haven't noticed, we are not the most beloved fanbase in sports. Spygate needs to play out...and it will, I promise. We will have to listen to it next season, but after that it will be VERY old news. The media can only kick a dead dog for so long.

PatfaninVa: Wow, a level headed response...finally. In case you all haven't noticed, we are not the most beloved fanbase in sports. Spygate needs to play out...and it will, I promise. We will have to listen to it next season, but after that it will be VERY old news. The media can only kick a dead dog for so long.

The media will drudge this up as long as Belichick is coaching NE. On a slow news day, this will pop up again, that's what happens. When Clemens was testifying, new allegations against NE came out but not much was made out of it.

That individual would have to be someone that could handle a lot of egg in the face if Spygate goes as deep as some expect. It's bad enough each Pats fan has to deal with their team being called a cheater because of a few minutes of game film...but if there is some credibility to the Walsh story, it could get even uglier. Yes the Patriots are taking a hit, but lets be honest...it is Bill's fault this happened. He needs to confront the media, not any of us. I love the Pats and I constantly defend the organization and their achievements...but c'mon, Bill needs to put this to bed not us.

I don't agree at all. I realize there is a very, very small contingent of Pats fans who want to just blame Belichik, but I would appreciate if you could keep those comments to an appropriate thread. And this is not that thread.

BB already put it to bed......I believe him.

The media is where you will find the lies, deceit, half truth's, cruel little jokes and innuendo's that we have come to expect from a once proud and H
honorable profession.

It is the media that we need to send the message that we are not stupid and we see right through them. All we ask is they do their jobs, tell the truth and be fair & honest about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots