Welcome to PatsFans.com

All Military Are in Iraq of Their Own Free Will.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Apr 2, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +589 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

How is it possible ... here in 2008 for there to be any military person in Iraq who is not there of their own free will? I keep hearing about lies, deceit, vendetta, grudge and all the rest Bush is accused of which leads to the liberal assumption of the troops performing their duty because they enlisted.

Correct me if I'm wrong ... I'm no military expert. But if the war began in 2003 ... and if an enlistment period is for 4 years ... then every single military person in Iraq and Afghanistan is there because

THEY BELIEVE IN THE MISSION AT HAND ....
    They believe in finishing what was started.
    They believe in honoring their fallen brothers sacrifice.
    They are willing to face the danger of death to achieve the objective.

It's been over 5 years now ... they know something the liberals in the media don't. They get it ... the liberals in the media never will. America is stronger because they are brave and righteous and strong. Backing down and out is a slap in the face to all who have fallen and all who have suffered.

Where would our country be if the military were controlled by liberals?

Will Hillary be a coward ... NO.
    Will McCain be a coward .. NO.

Will Obama be a coward ... YES ... every chance he gets.
  2. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Good post.

Gee I hope no one here lets facts get in the way of ranting, raving and spewing hate and anti-American bullsh!t.

BWAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAHAAA...what am I saying.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

I know a 50 year old man who was part of the Military Ready Force and is Afghanistan, he does not feel as though he is there because of his free will... I am pretty confident there are others.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 1 / -9

Many signed up because "they wanted to go to Iraq"

Their friends, their family and their country are proud of them.

They are proud of themselves and of each other.

Hatred For Bush knows no boundries.

If this were a Gore/Kerry War it would be a whole new ball game.

Muslim America Hating Terrorist Fanatics With their deadly plans to slaughter you and your children are not just in Bin Ladens Caves, they are all over this world and you better pray to your God that the new President Of The United States Realizes this and doesn't listen to those Far Left Wing F-cking Fools in the Democratic Party and in the Bedrooms of the biggest Whore House Community in the world, "Hollywood".

:bricks:
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

There has also been an increase in desertions, so everything is not as copasthetic as you want it to be or think it is, this happens in every war..

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=29247&archive=true

ARLINGTON, Va. — Just six months into the government’s fiscal year, the Army was carrying almost the same number of deserters on its books as the service registered for all of 2004.

War and stop-loss policies, which prevent voluntary separations from the military, are the likely culprits for the increase, according to Army researchers.

While the numbers include active duty and activated reserve components, officials could not provide specifics on soldiers on Rest and Recuperation, or how many deserters were recruits, etc.

Between Oct. 1, 2004 — the start of fiscal 2005 — and March 30, the Army registered 2,518 desertions, according to figures provided June 28 by an Army spokeswoman, Lt. Col. Pamela Hart.

In all 12 months of fiscal 2004, the total number of Army deserters was 2,723, Hart said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21836566/

WASHINGTON - Soldiers strained by six years at war are deserting their posts at the highest rate since 1980, with the number of Army deserters this year showing an 80 percent increase since the United States invaded Iraq in 2003.

While the totals are still far lower than they were during the Vietnam War, when the draft was in effect, they show a steady increase over the past four years and a 42 percent jump since last year.

“We’re asking a lot of soldiers these days,” said Roy Wallace, director of plans and resources for Army personnel. “They’re humans. They have all sorts of issues back home and other places like that. So, I’m sure it has to do with the stress of being a soldier.”

According to the Army, about nine in every 1,000 soldiers deserted in fiscal year 2007, which ended Sept. 30, compared to nearly seven per 1,000 a year earlier. Overall, 4,698 soldiers deserted this year, compared to 3,301 last year.
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

Here is a newsflash, there probably would not be a Gore Kerry War, they are dumb about a lot of things.. but probably not this... this is "Bush's War".
  7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +589 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

NEM ... they all had the opportunity to not re-up in the last 5 years. Like I said, I am no expert but isn't it for 4 year periods at a time? For some, I am sure it is a job ... their income ... but if you have to put your name on the dotted line then it's by choice...that's the way I see it.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Obviously they aren't all there because they want to be. But it's another case of needing to consider the consequences of your actions. I don't want to sound stupid by just saying "they volunteered" but I don't believe there has ever been a generation in which a lifelong military person didn't go to war. It's a fairly clear causal relationship at this point - if you sign up for the military and stay for your career, you're probably going to war. So be careful with your decision.
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The last time I checked, when someone signs on with any of the branches of our military, they do so VOLUNTARILY. 100% THEIR choice.

Second, when a member of the military signs on, there are NO clauses in his enlistment or commission that say: "If you don't like your assignment, you don't have to go." At least I've never heard of that. You go where they tell you to go, you fight where they tell you to fight.

If you do not like either of these stipulations, then it is very simple: do NOT sign up. Do NOT enlist. Do NOT take the oath as an officer to uphold your responsibility to defend the Constitution under the Commander in Chief. Find something else to do with your life.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way. That's life.

//
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +190 / 7 / -23

So everyone of them are happy with their situation?? How about the incidence of desertions, personally have spoken with quite a few vets who have come back.. most go back to support their buddies.. it is as much about comradarie as it is patriotism. How about the man I know who was part of the military ready force?? Did he sign on for that??

Economically it may also make sense to reup with high reenlistment bonuses, and a scary economy the Military is pretty recession proof.
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The soldiers signed on to serve. In the guidelines of service there are rules for length of combat service. Suicide rates are up in the National Guard as many are doing multiple tours. Tours are continually extended. Do you think the National Guard told these week-end warriors that they would see more then a prescribed # of months in battle?
    Secondly, what mission would you be speaking of? Do you know how many times that mission has changed. What other time in our country's history has the mission changed when we went to war. Currently, the Shiites have split and are fighting each other. That is called a civil war. OTH, there are just as many contractors in Iraq as soldiers, maybe the mission isn't about freedom.
    Lastly, where does it say being a Patriot is based solely on going to war or backing a war. Lincoln was a Patriot, and he denounced a war. Kennedy was a Patriot and he defused a situation when the Hawks ('patriots') wanted action. Eisenhower was a patriot, and he coined the phrase 'industrial military complex'. Truman was a patriot, 50% of Americans wanted to nuke Korea and he was adamantly opposed.
    Bush invaded a country for......................reason (please do fill in the blank). He then recruited people based on his ideology (no experience necessary) to build a government. Brought in no bid contracts and built a fortress the size of Atlanta called the Green Zone. Obama voted against the Iraq War and wants out, for that he is a coward?
  12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +87 / 6 / -10

#37 Jersey

YES!

What exactly are BH Obama's plans? Withdrawal and become isolationists? Redeploy to Darfur?

Change isn't a position, BH!
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  13. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +589 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

IMO ... yes he is ... to each his own Scout.
  14. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Thre is "free will" and "orders".......

In military ,there is only "orders" .
  15. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +87 / 6 / -10

#37 Jersey

Un****ing Believeable. Ed Schultz and Obama talking points. Don't you have a mind of your own Mr. EDHEAD?
  16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +589 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

These are Obama's talking points ... get your info correct NEM.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Statement_from_Barack_Obama_on_Darfur,_Sudan

Statement from Barack Obama on Darfur, Sudan
    1- "if nothing changes we will have one million casualties." We cannot, in good conscience, stand by and let this genocide continue..."

2- "On the 10th anniversary of Rwandan atrocities, we must not let history repeat itself..."

3- "The United States, along with the UN, must take immediate steps to halt this dire situation..."

4- "Next, the United States should support the immediate deployment of an effective international force..."

5- "There is no question that the United States military is currently spread thin with our earlier commitments in Afghanistan and Iraq. But, that does not mean that we should not be providing the resources that we can, including logistical support like airplanes, helicopters, trucks, and other resources that are needed to deliver humanitarian aid.
    This should be a swift and clear-cut decision. It is not only an issue of saving lives in the Sudan. It is necessary to support our interests in the region. And, our action and leadership will show who we are as a nation and as a people."
  17. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +589 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

That all follows enlistment ... the thread topic wes is "enlistment".
    All who enlist know they could end up in a war or military action somewhere
    at some point ... otherwise you are calling them naive ... are you calling them naive?
  18. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Hey that's fine. I guess he joins a number of patriots in our history who opposed our government's decisions. He opposes an unjust war, and for that he is a coward.
    I was a 'coward' in the VietNam era.
  19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I hope you're not referring to everyone who has opposed this "war" as you like to call it. I'll assume for the time being that you're only breaking out another idiotic talking point sent down by the neocons (or what's left of them) through their media outlets to their sheep. I would have voted against the war, too. No one I know considers me a coward. Voting one way or another doesn't make you a coward. Voting with your finger in the wind does. Calling anyone who would oppose this war today, yesterday or in March of 2003 a "coward" is simply being a stupid fu(king azzhole. If you are part of this group, then you've hit a low point, FBN.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  20. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If you are not happy about being called to go to fight, then don't sign up. Any mature person can figure that out. If you have ANY reservations, then DO - NOT - SIGN - UP.

We have no draft, we do not impress sailors or soldiers into service, so stop your incessant whining. What a baby!!

//