PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All-Guaranteed Contracts Coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flutie2phelan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Don't i remember that the reason why the future years of contracts are binding on players
... but not on the clubs; hence, "cuts" ... is that all those contracts occurred
under a collective bargaining agreement? Hence labor law permitted them,
as an exception to the general law of contracts.

Does it not follow that ... beginning when the CBA expires, after '07 ... contracts will be equally binding on the owners? Any player cut ... will be entitled to be paid the remaining value of his contract.

Correct this, if i'm wrong.

I think Schefter just indirectly answered that question on NFL All Access. There is still a CBA in effect in 2007. In 2008 there will be a lockout because there are no rules. Only CHAOS. Then the league and a "new" union will have to come to some agreement going forward. Otherwise there are lots of issues including no draft and everyone not under current contract is a FA.

MoLewisrocks said:
I think Schefter just indirectly answered that question on NFL All Access. There is still a CBA in effect in 2007. In 2008 there will be a lockout because there are no rules. Only CHAOS. Then the league and a "new" union will have to come to some agreement going forward. Otherwise there are lots of issues including no draft and everyone not under current contract is a FA.

* With no CBA extension, the cap is about 10 mill higher this year. It's not really going to be that much different this year except for planning deals as to future years beyond this one. They really have until this time next year to make a deal before all h*** breaks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back