PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All four receivers suited up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Reiss brain teaser.

I know the roster and try to keep up, but my memory isn't what it used to be.

Reading this from Reiss' column

2. Wide receivers all to suit up. All four of the Patriots wide receivers were limited in practice this week and listed as questionable, but all four will dress today, including Julian Edelman (concussion). Edelman fills in behind Wes Welker and Brandon Lloyd on the wide receiver depth chart, and has played his best football of 2012 in recent weeks.

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I'm trying to think (logically) who the fourth is. Ebert on the PS, Branch gone, probably use Hernandez or even Vereen if needed.

Oh yeah, it's the guy that's caught one pass in 5 years, of course! Not like i didn't know that, but why mention the ones that play and leave out the imaginary depth? Good job on that 46 yarder, I'd love to see more bombs, but still....

At the risk of giving myself nightmares, I believe he's played (?) safety more than WR. Is he on the depth chart there too? I don't think so (hopefully not).

Oh well, it just made me laugh today. All 4 receivers are suited up and ready to go, or to play teams all day, at least.

Wasn't that one catch in Miami last year as well? You never know.

Matthew Slater is the fourth Wide Receiver.

edit: I'm not sure you can try and bash Mike Reiss and get away with it. He's a stand up dude and the only reason I go to ESPN. We're lucky to have him covering our team. Have you seen some of the "journalists" at the other ESPN City sites?

Last edited:
Matthew Slater is the fourth Wide Receiver.

edit: I'm not sure you can try and bash Mike Reiss and get away with it. He's a stand up dude and the only reason I go to ESPN. We're lucky to have him covering our team. Have you seen some of the "journalists" at the other ESPN City sites?

It's a joke on me. why does everyone think things are always bashes? I'm as big a Reiss fan as there is.

I thought it was funny he needed to tell us Lloyd, Edelman and Welker were receivers, but assumed
we knew Slater.

Well a big catch or a TD catch would be great
for the player that does a lot of the dirty work to help us win each week ... Go Matt - ;)

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a deep threat. Lloyd is fine but deep threat he isn't.

Last edited:
Forget deep threat, I'll be thrilled if we have the same four suited up next week. Worried about the injuries to JE and WW, who seems to be a mite slow. :(

With Edelman on crutches, Mon night it'll be Welker, Lloyd, and someone who didn't dress today as the third receiver.

We need Gronk back - bad.

With Edelman on crutches, Mon night it'll be Welker, Lloyd, and someone who didn't dress today as the third receiver.

Plenty of the 12 personnel, no doubt. Maybe mix in some 2RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes