Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Sunday Countdown online: Your weekly NFL guide - NFL - ESPN

I actually like it. The Patriots need to stay under the radar. It's an advantage for them so teams will overlook them and consider them dead meat.

What amazes me is how people have jumped on the Jets bandwagon after they beat a weak Texans team that took them into the 3rd quarter only down by what 3 points? They act like the Jets are the 2007 Patriots offense with the 85 Bears defense.

ESPN always takes things too far and reads way too much into everything that happens in the NFL. Just watch the Countdown show and see how overly dramatic they act about everything, Tom Jackson & Cris Carter especially. If the Patriots win big today, they'll act like they never doubted them and go back to saying they're the team to beat. They change their opinions at the drop of a hat and make things out to be much bigger than they really are.

I agree. I'm actually sick of hearing the ridicule from the media the past several years. It was nice when they weren't a dynasty and the world was pulling for them. Now that they are on the top everyone is trying to take them down.

Sunday Countdown online: Your weekly NFL guide - NFL - ESPN

I actually like it. The Patriots need to stay under the radar. It's an advantage for them so teams will overlook them and consider them dead meat.

What amazes me is how people have jumped on the Jets bandwagon after they beat a weak Texans team that took them into the 3rd quarter only down by what 3 points? They act like the Jets are the 2007 Patriots offense with the 85 Bears defense.

=====================================================

Patriots are ranked as a top 5 team, the Jets are ranked a top 20 (middle of the pack), the Pats will not fly under the radar in any game they play this year.

That's fine by me. Should be a great game.

I guess I don't really care, I don't watch *spn anymore and refuse to unless the pats are playing on that network.

Anyway, it's week 2 of the season so if the Pats loose, they have plenty of time to regroup and correct the mistakes. This will not be an undefeated season.

This is great news. I was really worried about losing this game, but knowing ESPN is picking the Jets means we should win!

I can't recall at any point in his tenure as HC of the NEP he has had more bulletin-board material to work with that whats come from this game.

-Brady's not throwing right.
-Rhodes wants to embarass the team.
-The defense sucks.
-Ryan mouthing off.
-Every so-called analyst predicting the Pats to lose.

They may very well lose, but doesn't a track record of meeting every challenge head-on need to be taken into account before making bold statements such as these?

Nobody circles the wagons better than the New England Patriots....

I just got off the phone with my bookie and doubled my bet. I think TJ predicted something correctly about 15 yrs ago.

Nationwide unemployment hovering at 10% but he still has a job! How he stays employed is the only thing about him that impresses

If the boob crew is picking against the Pats thisis great news. ;)

If the boob crew is picking against the Pats thisis great news. ;)

Yeah I always want everybody to pick against the Pats.

I miss the old days when I complained about lack of respect. :D

I find it hard to believe that all those azzclowns can be right about anything all at the same time.

That said, I am not overwhelmed with confidence, I feel like it will be a tight game.

The fact is there are too many unknowns going into this game. So many new players and it's only week 2. Combine that with the Pats almost losing last week and the smart call is to pick the home team.

It's easy to critize these guys for all the dumb things they say, but they got this one dead on

that's all good and all, but we're lucky we're not 0:2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes