PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All AFC East team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua4Ever04

Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to name my all AFCE team and you guys can do the same. Just want to see what opinions I get for feedback.

QB- Tom Brady NE
RB- Ronnie Brown MIA & Willis McGahee BUF (it's a tie now but it will go to Brown by seasons end.
WR- Chris Chambers MIA
WR- Deion Branch NE
TE- Randy McMichael MIA (Although he might need to watch out for Ben Watts cathing up by seasons end)
LT- Matt Light NE
LG- Jeno James MIA
C- Dan Koppen NE
RG- Mike Gandy BUF
RT- Brandon Groin NE (by default lol)

Defense (Since there is a balance between the 4-3 and 3-4, I am going to make one posistion a LB/DE posistion)

DE- Jason Taylor MIA
DE- Richard Seymour NE
DT- Tie between Vonnie Holliday MIA, Vince Wilfork NE, Larry Tripplette BUF
LB/DE- Jonathan Vilma NYJ
LB- Zach Thomas MIA
LB- Teddy Bruschi NE
LB- Takeo Spikes BUF
CB- Nate Clements BUF
CB- Will Allen MIA
S- Rodney Harrison NE
S- Eugene Wilson NE

P- Brian Moreman BUF
K- Olindo Mare MIA
KR- Kelly Campbell MIA
PR- Troy Brown NE

Here are the scores for the first team all AFC East team.

Patriots- 11
Dolphins- 10
Bills- 6
Jets- 1

*Note- I gave points to the Bills and Dolphins at RB, and points to the Bills, Pats and Dolphins for DT.

Last edited:
First if your going to do a best of the AFC east it should be a 3-4

Seymour
Wilfork
Ellis/Carter tie

OLb
Vrabel
Taylor

MLB
Thomas
Spikes

Safety
Harrison
Wilson
CB
Clements
And no one else even worthy of being considered.

Brady
Martin
Branch
Chambers
Coles
3 wrs as thier is no FB
McMicheal
Light/ only becasue Dbrick has not played yet
Koppen
Kendall
Mankins
Kazcur

I had a lot of difficulty with the rb positon. Brown and Mcgahee have not done enough and Dillon has ??? fter last year.

The AFC east sucks on the oline. To me Koppen is the only guy that is better than average. Mankins and D-brick and Mangold offer hope for the future.

Mare
Moorman
Tim Mcgee, how the hell can you pick cambell whenhe did not even play the position last year and the one year he played it he averaged 5 yds less per return?
PR is another positon where there is no one player to be singled out.

Will Allen? The giants needed a corner and would not sign him to a cheap contract.

Taylor is a DE so you can't put him at OLB.

As for the Oline, I agree, it's terrible in this division. As for Will Allen I gave it to him because no one else was really worthy and I needed to put someone in there. Allen is actully a pretty good corner he just can't catch so he doesn't get many INTs. He does record a lot of tackles and passes defense however. Do you know who that corner the Giants signed was? It was the Dolphin reject Sam Madison. Sam is old and slowed down and can no longer compete at an elite level. It's just a difference in the 2 teams front offices, ours evaulates talent and pays the money accordingly. Opposed to the Giants FO that just dumps all the money on the law regardless their recent failure.

You have Chambers below Branch, I don't know if that is an any order but if that's how you feel you are unbelieveable. Did Branch go to the pro bowl last year? No he didn't, he couldn't even carry Chirs' jock.

As for FB, that hands down goes to Fred Beasley of the Dolphins.

Curtis Martin at RB? He is the worse starter in this division and would be 3rd on the Pats depth chart behind Dillon and Maroney. If not for Ricky's suspension, he would be 3rd on the Fins as well. I see a lot of flaws in yours my friend.

Last edited:
Here's my list, assuming all injured players return healthy.

QB- Tom Brady NE
RB- Willis McGahee BUF (Next year it'll be Maroney).
WR- Chris Chambers MIA (Next year it'll be Jackson).
WR- Deion Branch NE
TE- Randy McMichael MIA (Next year it'll be Watson).
LT- Matt Light NE
LG- Jeno James MIA
C- Dan Koppen NE
RG- Mike Gandy BUF
RT- Nick Kaczur NE

DE- Jason Taylor MIA
DE- Richard Seymour NE
DT- Vince Wilfork NE
DT- Larry Tripplette BUF
LB- Jonathan Vilma NYJ
LB- Teddy Bruschi NE
LB- Takeo Spikes BUF
LB- Mike Vrabel NE
CB- Nate Clements BUF
CB- Ellis Hobbs NE
S- Rodney Harrison NE
S- Eugene Wilson NE

No special teamers in my list.

Patriots- 12
Dolphins- 4
Bills- 5
Jets- 1

12 out of the 22 spots go to Patriots. No wonder we've won three straight division titles and have five straight 1st place finishes (We tied for 1st in 2002).

The future looks bright for this team. It's conceivable that at this time next year, we could have as many as 15 of the 22 available slots.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Bruschi does make big plays but Thomas is still the better overall linebacker. The only 2 that you can compare to him are Lewis and Urlacher.

Obviously we're both biased but it's still worth mentioning how INSANE that opinion is. Realistically speaking, I bet 90 percent of Dolphin fans would trade Thomas for Bruschi in a heartbeat.

Comparing Thomas to Bruschi is not much different than comparing Culpepper to Brady.

Regardless of anyone's opinion, I'm just happy to have the game's best ILB playing for us.

Last edited:
PYPER said:

QB- Tom Brady NE
WR- Deion Branch NE
LT- Matt Light NE
LG- Jeno James MIA
C- Dan Koppen NE
RG- Mike Gandy BUF
RT- Nick Kaczur NE

DE- Jason Taylor MIA
DE- Richard Seymour NE
DT- Vince Wilfork NE
DT- Larry Tripplette BUF
LB- Jonathan Vilma NYJ
LB- Teddy Bruschi NE
LB- Takeo Spikes BUF
LB- Mike Vrabel NE
CB- Nate Clements BUF
CB- Ellis Hobbs NE
S- Rodney Harrison NE
S- Eugene Wilson NE

Patriots- 12
Dolphins- 4
Bills- 5
Jets- 1

12 out of the 22 spots go to Patriots. No wonder we've won three straight division titles and have five straight 1st place finishes (We tied for 1st in 2002).

The future looks bright for this team. It's conceivable that at this time next year, we could have as many as 15 of the 22 available slots.

Maybe you are just a big time homer. You can't honestly believe that Maroney will surpass Brown this upcomming year. Mark my words, Brown will break out in a huge way this season!

No way Chad Jackson dethrones PRO BOWL WR Chris Chambers in just one year. Wait about 5 years then he will be better.

Also, I don't think Wilfork beats our Holliday or Traylor at the DT spot. Ellis Hobbs? Come on, he doesn't belong on that list either.

But my biggest problem. Where the hell is Zach Thomas? Are you serious? No one can be that big of a homer to think he isn't the best LB in this divison. He is top 3 in the NFL. Mike Vrable? Come on dude. Get a clue.

PYPER said:
Obviously we're both biased but it's still worth mentioning how INSANE that opinion is. Realistically speaking, I bet 90 percent of Dolphin fans would trade Thomas for Bruschi in a heartbeat.

Comparing Thomas to Bruschi is not much different than comparing Culpepper to Brady.

Regardless of anyone's opinion, I'm just happy to have the game's best ILB playing for us.

Compare these 2 players then come back.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3189 That's for Bruschi
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4392 That's for Thomas

I guarentee you 0% of Dolphin fans would make that trade. Thomas is the best MLB in the league and has been great for years.

Zach has been in the league for 9 years and has tallied 100+ tackles every season except one where he only played 11 games but still had 99 tackles. He has 1412 tackles which is an average of 111 tackles per season. He also has 16 INTs and 37 passes defended.

Bruschi has had over 100 tackles only 4 times in his 9 years. He has never surpassed 131 tackles while Thomas has done it 8 times. Bruschi has only 11 INTs.

Thomas was second in the NFL in tackles last year by only 8 tackles despite missing 2 games. Wow, the more I look at it, Thomas is WAY better than Bruschi.

Last edited:
PYPER said:

QB- Tom Brady NE
WR- Deion Branch NE
LT- Matt Light NE
LG- Jeno James MIA
C- Dan Koppen NE
RG- Mike Gandy BUF
RT- Nick Kaczur NE

DE- Jason Taylor MIA
DE- Richard Seymour NE
DT- Vince Wilfork NE
DT- Larry Tripplette BUF
LB- Jonathan Vilma NYJ
LB- Teddy Bruschi NE
LB- Takeo Spikes BUF
LB- Mike Vrabel NE
CB- Nate Clements BUF
CB- Ellis Hobbs NE
S- Rodney Harrison NE
S- Eugene Wilson NE

Patriots- 12
Dolphins- 4
Bills- 5
Jets- 1

Mike Gandy is a LT. Chris Villarrial is the Bills' RG.

Here's my team:

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Ronnie Brown/Willis McGahee/Corey Dillon (3-way tie until we see how Dillon does and who breaks away from the pack. Maroney is also a factor).
WR - Chris Chambers
WR - Deion Branch
TE - Randy McMichael
TE - Ben Watson/Daniel Graham
LT - Matt Light
LG - Pete Kendall
C - Dan Koppen
RG - Chris Villarrial
RT - Nick Kaczur (if he does move to RT)

DE - Richard Seymour
DE - Jason Taylor
DE - Aaron Schobel
DT - Vince Wilfork
DT - Vonnie Holliday/Keith Traylor
OLB - Mike Vrabel/Rosevelt Colvin
OLB - Takeo Spikes
ILB - Zach Thomas
ILB - Tedy Bruschi
ILB - Jonathan Vilma
CB - Nate Clements
CB - Asante Samuel/David Barrett
S - Rodney Harrison
S - Eugene Wilson/Erik Coleman/Troy Vincent

K - Rian Lindell
P - Josh Miller/Brian Moorman

KR/PR - Terrence McGee

Last edited:
Hmmmm....

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Ronnie Brown
FB: Fred Beasley
TE: Randy Mcmichael/ Ben watson (2 TE set)
WR: Chris Chambers
WR: Deion Branch
LT: Matt light
LG: Jeno James
C: Dan Koppen
RG: Chris Villareal
RT: Brandon Gorin

DE: Jason Taylor
DE: Richard Seymour
DT: Vince wilfork
DT: Vonnie Holliday
OLB: Mike Vrabel
OLB: Takeo Spikes
MLB: Zach Thomas
MLB: Teddy Bruschi
CB: Nate Clements
CB: Andre Dyson
S: Rodney Harrison
S: Troy Vincent

K: Olindo Mare
P: Brian Moorman
PR: Wes Welker
KR:Terrence Mcgee

HC: Bill Belilchik
DC: Nick Saban
OC:................

Have fun with that...

The Entire New England Patriots Team Is The Afc East The Rest Suck Get Out Of Here Smelly Fish Lover We Dont Want You Here.

nescott said:
The Entire New England Patriots Team Is The Afc East The Rest Suck Get Out Of Here Smelly Fish Lover We Dont Want You Here.

I Like To Capitalize My Letters Cause Grammar Is For Sissies! Punctuation Is For Smelly Fish Fans. Exclamation Marks Are For JET Fans...:bricks:

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Compare these 2 players then come back.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3189 That's for Bruschi
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4392 That's for Thomas

I guarentee you 0% of Dolphin fans would make that trade. Thomas is the best MLB in the league and has been great for years.

Zach has been in the league for 9 years and has tallied 100+ tackles every season except one where he only played 11 games but still had 99 tackles. He has 1412 tackles which is an average of 111 tackles per season. He also has 16 INTs and 37 passes defended.

Bruschi has had over 100 tackles only 4 times in his 9 years. He has never surpassed 131 tackles while Thomas has done it 8 times. Bruschi has only 11 INTs.

Thomas was second in the NFL in tackles last year by only 8 tackles despite missing 2 games. Wow, the more I look at it, Thomas is WAY better than Bruschi.

I don't know about other team's fans, but you won't find many Pats fans that would trade Bruschi for Thomas.... I would take Bruschi without even thinking twice... and by the way, # of tackles is just a stat... it doesn't prove anything! We don't know how many of those tackles were 10 yards down the field, how many times he missed a tackle, was blown over, etc.

As for some of the other positions, I'd have to go with McGahee at RB... although I think we all have pretty good RBs.

I'd go with Chambers and Branch at WR, although Coles is also very good.

I'd go with McMichael at TE. Graham is the best blocking TE though.

I can't imagine a lineup that does not involve Vrabel is some way

Lloyd_Christmas said:

Bingo, we got bingo!

QB: Tom Brady
RB: Ronnie Brown/ McGahee/ Dillon
FB: Fred Beasley
TE: Randy Mcmichael
WR: Chris Chambers
WR: Deion Branch
LT: Matt light
LG: Logan Mankins
C: Dan Koppen
RG: Chris Villareal
RT: Brandon Gorin

DE: Jason Taylor
DE: Richard Seymour
DT: Vince Wilfork
DT: Vonnie Holliday
OLB: John Vilma
OLB: Takeo Spikes
MLB: Zach Thomas
MLB: Teddy Bruschi
CB: Nate Clements
CB: Terrence McGee (underrate big time)
S: Rodney Harrison
S: Troy Vincent

K: Ross Lindell
P: Brian Moorman
PR: Wes Welker
KR:Terrence Mcgee

This is probably your first post where I've more or less agreed with you, but I have a few changes to make (they're in red).
Aqua4Ever04 said:
I'm going to name my all AFCE team and you guys can do the same. Just want to see what opinions I get for feedback.

QB- Tom Brady NE
RB- Ronnie Brown MIA (No Willis, he had a horrible year last year w/o Travis Henry)
WR- Chris Chambers MIA
WR- Deion Branch NE
(Don't forget about Lee Evans, who would be a clear #3)
TE- Randy McMichael MIA
LT- Matt Light NE
LG- Logan Mankins NE
C- Dan Koppen NE
RG- Mike Gandy BUF
RT- Nick Kaczur NE (Brandon Gorin will be demoted soon)

Defense (Since there is a balance between the 4-3 and 3-4, I am going to make one posistion a LB/DE posistion)

DE- Jason Taylor MIA
DE- Richard Seymour NE
DT- Vince Wilfork NE (slight edge now, clear winner at season's end)
LB/DE- Jonathan Vilma NYJ
LB- Zach Thomas MIA
LB- Teddy Bruschi NE
LB- Takeo Spikes BUF
CB- Nate Clements BUF
CB- tie Ellis Hobbs NE and Terrence McGee BUF
S- Rodney Harrison NE
S- Troy Vincent BUF

P- tie Brian Moreman BUF and Josh Miller NE
K- Olindo Mare MIA
KR- Justin Miller NYJ
PR- Wes Welker MIA

Patriots- 11
Dolphins- 6
Bills- 6
Jets- 2

Last edited:
nescott said:

Wow, there is a solid post. I know most of you Pats fans are ashamed to see someone with such a lack of intellegence come in here and start spouting off lol. I'm embarrassed for this guy.

Lloyd_Christmas said:
I don't know about other team's fans, but you won't find many Pats fans that would trade Bruschi for Thomas.... I would take Bruschi without even thinking twice... and by the way, # of tackles is just a stat... it doesn't prove anything! We don't know how many of those tackles were 10 yards down the field, how many times he missed a tackle, was blown over, etc.

As for some of the other positions, I'd have to go with McGahee at RB... although I think we all have pretty good RBs.

I'd go with Chambers and Branch at WR, although Coles is also very good.

I'd go with McMichael at TE. Graham is the best blocking TE though.

I can see why you would keep Bruschi over Thomas because he is kind of your guys' hometown hero. Teddy is a great player but still I don't think he is at the level that Zach Thomas is. If you watch a Dolphins highlight video, any play on defense, Thomas is going to be in the picture. He is always around the ball and that results in all those tackles.

A two tight end set with McMichael and Wats would be pretty good, I do like the TEs the Pats throw out there but it still has to go to McMike because of his WR type abilities.

As for Vrabel, he is the odd man out. LB is the only posistion this division is very good at. Up and down there are 4 great line backers in this division. Thomas, Bruschi, Spikes and Vilma are all potential pro-bowlers. (We all know Thomas is in the pro-bowl every year. :)) While you guys make a case for Vrabel, I would do the same for Channing Crowder who after this year will be a NFL house hold name. He is going to be the second coming of a Jr. Seau type player.

drPatriot,
I agree with your post just the same as mine. There are some differences, but you made a very good team.

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Wow, there is a solid post. I know most of you Pats fans are ashamed to see someone with such a lack of intellegence come in here and start spouting off lol. I'm embarrassed for this guy.

I can see why you would keep Bruschi over Thomas because he is kind of your guys' hometown hero. Teddy is a great player but still I don't think he is at the level that Zach Thomas is. If you watch a Dolphins highlight video, any play on defense, Thomas is going to be in the picture. He is always around the ball and that results in all those tackles.

A two tight end set with McMichael and Wats would be pretty good, I do like the TEs the Pats throw out there but it still has to go to McMike because of his WR type abilities.

As for Vrabel, he is the odd man out. LB is the only posistion this division is very good at. Up and down there are 4 great line backers in this division. Thomas, Bruschi, Spikes and Vilma are all potential pro-bowlers. (We all know Thomas is in the pro-bowl every year. :)) While you guys make a case for Vrabel, I would do the same for Channing Crowder who after this year will be a NFL house hold name. He is going to be the second coming of a Jr. Seau type player.

drPatriot,
I agree with your post just the same as mine. There are some differences, but you made a very good team.

So - let me get this straight:

1. The addition of Daunte Culpepper WILL win the Dolphins at least 3 more games.

2. Ronnie Brown WILL surpass Willie McGahee in rushing this year.

3. Channing Crowder WILL become a household name this year.

4. Miami WILL win the division this year.

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Maybe you are just a big time homer. You can't honestly believe that Maroney will surpass Brown this upcomming year. Mark my words, Brown will break out in a huge way this season!

I predict that Maroney will eventually be the best RB in the entire league, let alone the AFC East. It won't happen this year though. As long as he's healthy and productive, Dillon will get the lion's share of the workload. Maroney will have to patiently wait for his time but when he gets it, he'll never look back.

Brown is a very good back, as is McGahee. As far as I'm concerned, it's apples and oranges.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
No way Chad Jackson dethrones PRO BOWL WR Chris Chambers in just one year. Wait about 5 years then he will be better.

Chambers is an enigma. We've all been waiting for years for him to become a great WR and it hasn't happened. Don't get me wrong, he is very good but he still has far too many drops and mental lapses to be called great.

My long term expectations for Jackson far exceed the reality of Chambers.
For now, Chambers narrowly gets the vote over Lee Evans.....For now.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Also, I don't think Wilfork beats our Holliday or Traylor at the DT spot. Ellis Hobbs? Come on, he doesn't belong on that list either.

Traylor is a JAG (Just Another Guy). He's a nice veteran role player but he's nowhere near Wilfork's level. Heck, the best coaching staff in the league cut Traylor last year b/c Wilfork had surpassed him and made him expendable.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
But my biggest problem. Where the hell is Zach Thomas? Are you serious? No one can be that big of a homer to think he isn't the best LB in this divison. He is top 3 in the NFL. Mike Vrable? Come on dude. Get a clue.

Yeeeeahhh....OK, dude. Zach Thomas is a very good player who's had a marvelous career. Thomas and Bruschi are very similar players.

Thomas has been doing it longer but nobody has done it better than Tedy Bruschi in the last five or six years.

If it were 1999, Thomas easily gets the vote. But in the year 2006, it's Bruschi all the way.

That's the absolute truth. Nothing but facts, here buddy.

But I respect your right to be a Dolphin Homer. The main difference between a Dolphin Homer and Patriot Homer is that when the games are actually played on a football field instead of a internet message board, the Patriots Homer is ALWAYS proven right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes