PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

all 22 film shows Brady is not utilizing all of his weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt Brady 10/11 in the first half? With a big lead where he threw 11 passes in the second half vs 17 runs with 6 of the 11 passes on 3rd or 4th down, while playing it safe protecting a lead, why is it again that there is some reason to find something to criticize Brady about?

Brady should not expect to escape criticism when the offense sputters as it did against Minn. Not counting the 1-yd dive after McCourty's INT, the Patriots offense only managed to drive for 1 TD, despite having excellent field position.

The Pats are currently:

27th in passing yards
32nd in yards per pass
21st in passing TDs
26th in passer rating

You can say that it is everybody but the QB's fault that the Pats passing game sucks and that Brady is playing great. I'm not seeing great QB play

The coaches, both Belichick and McDaniels said, point blank (in response to questions) yesterday that the offense has to do a better job of spreading the ball around in the passing game.

Well, except it was a couple of times. To Dobson and Gronk at least once each.
The pass he COMPLETED to Dobson???
Btw, Dobson is one of the guys people are claiming he ignored.

It is fine if Grink/Edelmen are the primary reads and they are getting open and Brady is hitting them with the ball.

The problem is that these other receivers need to be involved because the Patriot WILL play a defense that takes those reads away and those other receivers will have to become the primary read. Thus, it is important for the Patriots to run plays to get other people the ball.
Why? Why would you run plays that aren't the best ones because they may be better against a different team? The players know the plays.

Probably coincidence but it seems like in almost all five cases Brady is throwing to the left (the Edelman first down was more central) and the author of the article thinks a player more towards the right side of the field might be available. Not sure if this means anything given the small number of samples but curious that there is a pattern..

Why? Why would you run plays that aren't the best ones because they may be better against a different team? The players know the plays.

Right, have you not learned from the past at all?

Brady should not expect to escape criticism when the offense sputters as it did against Minn. Not counting the 1-yd dive after McCourty's INT, the Patriots offense only managed to drive for 1 TD, despite having excellent field position.

The Pats are currently:

27th in passing yards
32nd in yards per pass
21st in passing TDs
26th in passer rating

You can say that it is everybody but the QB's fault that the Pats passing game sucks and that Brady is playing great. I'm not seeing great QB play

The coaches, both Belichick and McDaniels said, point blank (in response to questions) yesterday that the offense has to do a better job of spreading the ball around in the passing game.

Is McDaniels lying to 'protect' Brady?

The Pats are currently:

27th in passing yards
32nd in yards per pass
21st in passing TDs
26th in passer rating

I'm saying the passing game doesn't suck. I'm saying it had a bad half vs Miami.
Aside from the second half in Miami, Brady is 34/52/336 and the offense scored 50 points in a game and a half.

http://patspub.patsfans.com/2014/09/16/all-22-look-says-brady-not-using-all-his-weapons/

surprised no one has brought up this article. and this confirms what I have thought all along. Brady has developed a bad habit of only looking/passing to his "binkies" the past few years rather than just passing to the open guy.

he needs to get over this and start spreading the ball around if he expects the offense to get better. and it starts with HIM IMO...forcing balls to gronk/edelman when they are double covered is not the best option when you may have amendola or dobson wide open

Spot on.

Brady depends on Gronk and Edelman too much. Sometimes I believe he gets lazy and just throws it up there for Gronk.

I'm saying the passing game doesn't suck. I'm saying it had a bad half vs Miami.
Aside from the second half in Miami, Brady is 34/52/336 and the offense scored 50 points in a game and a half.

Well, technically they scored 43 points (blocked kick accounts for 7), with 7 of them coming on a 1 yard drive.

Do people not realize that less then 30 passing plays were called and the offense wanted to run the ball more and run more 2 wr sets? We had 6ol a majority of the game with a FB and or 2 TE. Brady WASN'T supposed to put up great passing numbers. Tom was supposed to kill clock all game.

And some done realize through 2 games last year we had a grand total of less then 45 points through 2 games and it carried the team last year. You guys gotta have patience and understand the game plan for that game. Some obviously don't and just go off of computer screens and numbers on paper

The Pats are currently:

27th in passing yards
32nd in yards per pass
21st in passing TDs
26th in passer rating

We had a huge lead early, that changes the way you play on offense. this is a bad game to judge the offense and Brady

Well, technically they scored 43 points (blocked kick accounts for 7), with 7 of them coming on a 1 yard drive.
Doesn't change the fact that passing stats are heavily skewed based upon playing with that lead last week, or that Brady has been fine in 3 of the 4 halves he has played, so this is a ridiculous overreaction.

No one has explained to me how he was making bad decisions going 10/11 in the first half last week.

And some done realize through 2 games last year we had a grand total of less then 45 points through 2 games and it carried the team last year. You guys gotta have patience and understand the game plan for that game. Some obviously don't and just go off of computer screens and numbers on paper

People are taking obvious, and legitimate, issues and blowing them out of proportion. That's really the basis for a lot of this.

People are taking obvious, and legitimate, issues and blowing them out of proportion. That's really the basis for a lot of this.

They are also taking historical anecdotal information, forming a hypothesis, and testing it employing a tool (the All 22) that they are obviously unqualified to use effectively.

If you take out what happened after Hoohwhogivesacrap missed his block and Brady got stripped and the OL **** the bed this is what Brady's season looks like

36 of 53 (67.9%)
351 Yards
2 TD *
98.8 QB Rating

This is such an overblown thing right now.

*Keep in mind Brady could have pulled a forehead and been throwing it inside of the 5 yard line and have 4 TD right now instead of there being 2 Rushing TDs.
4 of Manning's 6 TD have come inside the 5 yard line.

Last edited:
Is McDaniels lying to 'protect' Brady?

I would say that in fact, he's calling Brady out. By saying "the offense has to do a better job of spreading the ball around in the passing game," he is dropping a big hint, as there's only one player whose job it is to "spread the ball around."

I would say that in fact, he's calling Brady out. By saying "the offense has to do a better job of spreading the ball around in the passing game," he is dropping a big hint, as there's only one player whose job it is to "spread the ball around."

Nailed it.

..because thats how the Patriots do things -they drop hints and innuendoes to the MEDIA when they want to communicate something of importance to one of their players.

That's the basis for almost half of the board. The other half is taking illegitimate issues and blowing them out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes