PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

All-22 Bills Colts Breakdon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool. Gives me something to dig into during my lunch break. I will say, though, that I'm expecting a better showing from the Patriots lines. We'll see; could just be wishful thinking.

Thanks for sharing the link!:)

What was up with the positioning of the o-line and there asignments after the snap? Just looked like they were already in a losing position before the snap. Just a weird start for the Colts. Seems like the Colts adjusted well enough in the second half, but Luck was already at the point of no return and Andre Johnson was looking very, very old.

Our OLine will be severely tested tomorrow.

Lots of screens, checkdowns, runs

I always like reading these. I usually don't read them on other teams, but good since it's our next matchup. I watched that whole game last week and it really was impressive how they rushed him. I expect an up-and-down game tomorrow offensively.

Don't click. Anti-Tom rhetoric included in article.o_O

Our OLine will be severely tested tomorrow. Lots of screens, checkdowns, runs

I'm wondering about the offset lines and the eligible/ineligible stuff. Rex's defense is all about brute force and aggressiveness. He seems to rely on an emotional simplicity that is similar to that of a bully. They get dependent on being able to play that way, and start to think of it as an entitlement, like a bully. Putting them in positions where they have to think first, and then hesitate before committing, could be both tactically and psychologically useful.

I'm wondering about the offset lines and the eligible/ineligible stuff. Rex's defense is all about brute force and aggressiveness. He seems to rely on an emotional simplicity that is similar to that of a bully. They get dependent on being able to play that way, and start to think of it as an entitlement, like a bully. Putting them in positions where they have to think first, and then hesitate before committing, could be both tactically and psychologically useful.

I just wonder which back they want out there. Lewis seemed like an obvious choice to combat the pass rush, but Blount might actually make more since if they are going to be moving parts around a good bit. Better to have someone that's been there before lining up next to Brady.

I just wonder which back they want out there. Lewis seemed like an obvious choice to combat the pass rush, but Blount might actually make more since if they are going to be moving parts around a good bit. Better to have someone that's been there before lining up next to Brady.

How about both, with more checkdown options? Lewis seems to have good hands...Something like a wishbone! That would be something to see from the Pats, can't remember last time...Or an I formation would be interesting.

Neither is McDaniels' style.

Last edited:
I mentioned elsewhere that I didn't get much of a chance to watch the Bills/Colts game but what I saw was puzzling to me- this was a poor game plan design from the Colts- it was as if they planned for the old Bills and not the pseudo-Jets. Most glaring is the lack of pre-snap motion that would have forced the defense to declare.

Consequently, there is going to be very little similarity between this game and the Patriots/Bills game. For one thing, Brady isn't going to go to a 5 or 7 step drop like Luck did. There will be plenty of pre-snap motion, where alignment is shifted away from pressure and I think we'll split one or more TE's wide, more often than not, to force the defense to play horizontal. And even though we spread, we still play plenty of verticals, especially with the TE's. Plenty of screens.

Look for us to go to the hurry up, no-huddle at some point in the game to lock the defense in a certain personnel grouping and gas them. Blitzing is exciting, but also exhausting- it takes a lot out of a defense to continually blitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes