Welcome to PatsFans.com

Alive Day Memories: From Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wildo7, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I know Veterans day is over, but instead of paying your annual lip service to the troops and then carrying on observing the sanitized version of war that the media shovels down your throats, please check out "Alive Day Memories: From Iraq" on HBO. It's a truly amazing look that you never get to see at the toll the war takes on American troops that just barely survive.

2. Run DMC

Run DMC In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -3

#24 Jersey

Check out the movie, "Harsh Times" with C. Bale. It's a good film by the same guy who did "Training Day".

3. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

This isn't so much a psychological study as it is a look at amputees etc. I suggested this since there isn't an agenda other than an insight into the realities of war that you rarely see.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

As a Viet Nam vet I find your comments condescending. You know nothing about war that I am aware of.

5. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Oh well, too bad.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Half of these fukcing guys have NOTHING but distain for those folks. Just go back a few years in posts in here, and you'll see just which ones were the worst. I don't specifically recall Wildo as being one of them, but still the distain for the military was dripping from EVERY "Haditha, Fallujah, Iraq war is wrong" thread in this place back as recent as year ago.

So touching that the toll that this has taken lives of the ordinary, "American Joe" weighs so heavy on them now. Of course, perhaps it would have been more poinant in 2004-2005 when they needed our support MOST, but alas..... back then we (as a country) were more interested is holding up signs of protest and cheering or reelecting our Senators that called our troops MURDERS. (oh, I'm sorry, that was just last week he was re-elected).

Most people paying attention don't need some stupid azz HBO special to "wake them up" to this reality. They've already seen it in the eyes of soldiers themselves when they came home 2-3 years ago (and are probably already gone and back again).

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008