PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alge Crumpler Revisited/I Hate Mike Felger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intommywetrst

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
So I went back and watched the Pats/Rams game again because I like to torture myself, and once again Crumpler was the consistent bright spot in this offense. His blocking, that great catch..he was awesome.

This morning Brady sang his praises as he seems to whenever there is a mic in front of him these days. You can hear the smile in his voice. So I went back and re-read stuff other players have said about him and wow, you can't find a bad thing about the guy. Great football player. Great leader. Great person.

Then I remembered when he first signed and hearing Mike Felger say things about him that while not controversial, I think just crossed the line. The words "fat" "short" "useless" and "tub of goo" were used. And not to be a total loser but I got a lump in my throat (I'm a girl so hopefully that makes me less of a loser :) ) I really, really hope those words never got on Alge's radar. Just plain mean. It's bad for Boston Sports Radio, it's bad for fans, it's just bad. Football is supposed to be fun and Mike Felger is disgusting and toxic. I know, I know. He says these things because he wants to get a rise out of fans blah, blah blah..I don't care.

You want to make comments about OJ, or another athlete who's been convicted of a crime, fine. But to attack a guy who's just trying to stay employed and come in and help out this team is wrong. I just wish there wasn't a place for it, but he's still on the air so obviously there is.

Re: Alge Crumpler Revisited/ I Hate Mike Felger

Even if he heard it, I don't think Alge gives a flying **** about what Felger thinks. Plus these are grown men, your typical high school athlete is going to hear infinitely worse things from their peers than anything a member of the media can say. All these guys have tough skin.

Last edited:

You see it here, too. The shrillest voices are generally seeking attention (they absolve themselves by calling it within their rights venting). In the past Ian has reminded folks here from time to time that players, their families and friends lurk here out of curiosity. It's sad to think back on some of the representative garbage they are exposed to. And no wonder this fanbase isn't embraced by it's teams and players to the extent they would like to be...or most of the mediots it listens to have no actual access or insight.

It's Felger. If you look up his name in a dictionary, you'll find that Felger is an alternate spelling for moron.

Just sayin'.......

Even if he heard it, I don't think Alge gives a flying **** about what Felger thinks. Plus these are grown men, your typical high school athlete is going to hear infinitely worse things from their peers than anything a member of the media can say. All these guys have tough skin.

I totally get what you're saying. I guess I just wish the sports culture wasn't like that. But I don't care how old you are or how long you've been playing, hearing someone call you "useless" before you even step on the field has to at least make you pause for a second.

Boston is a great sports town, it deserve's better than what passes as analysts these days. Years ago this was a hot bed for the best sports writers in the country, they went on to to shine in the national spot light like Curt Gaudy, Will McDonough, Gammons Bob Ryan etc. but now its a pathetic group that tries to top each other at being the most controversial, contentious, and negative.

Last edited:

Crumpler has looked very good so far, particularly as a blocker, and he seems to be carrying his weight much better than he did last year.

... Plus these are grown men...

:violent:

The same can't be said of Felger. I think I will start referring to him as "Felcher"(don't Google that one at work).

Boston is a great sports town, it deserve's better than what passes as analysts these days. Years ago this was a hot bed for the best sports writers in the country, they went on to to shine in the national spot light like Curt Gaudy, Will McDonough, Gammons Bob Ryan etc. but now its a pathetic group that tries to top each other at being the most controversial, contentious, and negative.

Not sure if he stills writes for any of the Boston Papers. But George Kimble does a weekly piece in the Irish times.

A quality sports journalist.

Unfortunately, it's like that everywhere with radio and television personalities. It seems to be especially bad in Boston though. Crumpler, even at his fattest, was still a very good blocker. That's why he was brought in. Anything that he could possibly give us in the passing game is an extra. Felger should have taken note, like many of the rest of us, how trimmed down Crumpler got in the offseason. He hasn't lost his blocking abilities at all and is now able to be more than a threat for the random five yard out pattern. Crumpler was a good pick-up for us and, as usual, Felger looks like an idiot.

Boston local media sucks. I don't live there anymore so I'm glad I don't see/hear that crap unless I make a point of looking for it.

Listening the Boston sports talk radio is excruciating compared to other stations you can now listen to because of the internet or smart phone apps.

This is a good thread. I e-mailed the following to Felger and his boss today, let's see if he addresses it. Anyone else who wants to chime in can write them at: [email protected], [email protected]

Hi Mike,

I've followed your work since your early days with The Herald and believe you generally know your stuff. But, the provocative mean-spiritedness you tend to exude these days in the interest of broadcast ratings can be a bit much. I don't know if you ever check out Patsfans.com, but one fan started a thread today regarding you that actually speaks for many of us. I'm passing along her initial post below.
Regards

From Intommywetrst (screen name): So I went back and watched the Pats/Rams game again because I like to torture myself, and once again Crumpler was the consistent bright spot in this offense. His blocking, that great catch..he was awesome.

This morning Brady sang his praises as he seems to whenever there is a mic in front of him these days. You can hear the smile in his voice. So I went back and re-read stuff other players have said about him and wow, you can't find a bad thing about the guy. Great football player. Great leader. Great person.

Then I remembered when he first signed and hearing Mike Felger say things about him that while not controversial, I think just crossed the line. The words "fat" "short" "useless" and "tub of goo" were used. And not to be a total loser but I got a lump in my throat (I'm a girl so hopefully that makes me less of a loser ) I really, really hope those words never got on Alge's radar. Just plain mean. It's bad for Boston Sports Radio, it's bad for fans, it's just bad. Football is supposed to be fun and Mike Felger is disgusting and toxic. I know, I know. He says these things because he wants to get a rise out of fans blah, blah blah..I don't care.

You want to make comments about OJ, or another athlete who's been convicted of a crime, fine. But to attack a guy who's just trying to stay employed and come in and help out this team is wrong. I just wish there wasn't a place for it, but he's still on the air so obviously there is.

This is a good thread. I e-mailed the following to Felger and his boss today, let's see if he addresses it. Anyone else who wants to chime in can write them at: [email protected], [email protected]

Hi Mike,

I've followed your work since your early days with The Herald and believe you generally know your stuff. But, the provocative mean-spiritedness you tend to exude these days in the interest of broadcast ratings can be a bit much. I don't know if you ever check out Patsfans.com, but one fan started a thread today regarding you that actually speaks for many of us. I'm passing along her initial post below.
Regards

From Intommywetrst (screen name): So I went back and watched the Pats/Rams game again because I like to torture myself, and once again Crumpler was the consistent bright spot in this offense. His blocking, that great catch..he was awesome.

Then I remembered when he first signed and hearing Mike Felger say things about him that while not controversial, I think just crossed the line. The words "fat" "short" "useless" and "tub of goo" were used. And not to be a total loser but I got a lump in my throat (I'm a girl so hopefully that makes me less of a loser ) I really, really hope those words never got on Alge's radar. Just plain mean. It's bad for Boston Sports Radio, it's bad for fans, it's just bad. Football is supposed to be fun and Mike Felger is disgusting and toxic. I know, I know. He says these things because he wants to get a rise out of fans blah, blah blah..I don't care.

Way to go Tunescribe. Everybody from PATSFANS.com who have previously dogged Felger are no longer with us. He's Mike Felger, of the Felgerini Crime family. And, InTommyWeTrust seemed like such a lovely young lady. :)

Thanks! They'll probably love it, since it means people are listening. I was guilty of listening myself until a few weeks ago when Felger was talking about homosexulas and HIV and said "that's what you get". I decided that enough was enough.

(PS I don't in anyway want to restrict freedom speech. But I am exercising my right to not listed based on some of that speech.)

Last edited:

Way to go Tunescribe. Everybody from PATSFANS.com who have previously dogged Felger are no longer with us. He's Mike Felger, of the Felgerini Crime family. And, InTommyWeTrust seemed like such a lovely young lady. :)

Wait, so I shouldn't open the door for the 2 men in black standing outside right now? :p

Excpet Vince young.

Belichick has had warm words for Crumpler, too. Between his on-field skills (which are still impressive) and serving as a mentor for the young TEs, he's looking like really valuable addition.

Couple problems.

1. Crumpler is fat. Always has been.
2. Felger has repeatedly pointed out that Crumpler was good player in Atlanta and complimented his role in the running game this preseason.
3. The soundbite of Felger referring to Crumpler as a 'short, fat old man' was him reading from a Tom Curran article.

But please, by all means, don't let anything get in the way of patting each other on the back and whining about the media. It's a real winner.

Couple problems.

1. Crumpler is fat. Always has been.
2. Felger has repeatedly pointed out that Crumpler was good player in Atlanta and complimented his role in the running game this preseason.
3. The soundbite of Felger referring to Crumpler as a 'short, fat old man' was him reading from a Tom Curran article.

But please, by all means, don't let anything get in the way of patting each other on the back and whining about the media. It's a real winner.

Good to see you bring yourself down to join the masses, Mike. :cool:

Belichick has had warm words for Crumpler, too. Between his on-field skills (which are still impressive) and serving as a mentor for the young TEs, he's looking like really valuable addition.

The interesting thing is that supposedly Rob Myers (the only "holdover" from last year, and a PS guy at that) was having a good camp, too. Some folks thought he might have a chance of beating out Crumpler for the team, although that seems much less likely after the Rams game.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's Crumpler, GRONK, Hernandez on the 53, with Myers on the PS in case of "I" or for next year, assuming Crumpler is only here for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes