PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alge Crumpler released [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alge Crumpler released

someone will pay him, not us

TE Alge Crumpler

I think i'm getting tired of waiting for the most athletic amazing TE threat the NFL has ever seen, ever become a real threat. Watson just isn't going to be a the premier TE we all thought he was.

Alge Crumpler is a big guy that can be a key posession type blocker TE that can help in moving the chains when needed...

What are the thoughts on him?

Re: TE Alge Crumpler

He was cut for a reason.

Pats have far more presssing needs, IMO.

I think he's got right knee issues. Plus, his stats are great, but Michael Vick's reads went "Is Alge open? Nope, better start running."

Very surprised he was cut.

Ask: Dimitroff, who presumably will have a similar philosophy to our guys here, cuts him. Why? There has to be some issue.

Saying, let's go get him, considering our cap situation, the fact we already have 4 TEs on the roster, and that someone our guys taught cut him seeming for some unknown reason is enough of a yellow-flag for me.

I wonder if he was too close to Michael Vick.

but yet everyone (most) on this board wants to sign a broken old ass LB from Miami???

The question is whether Kyle Brady is really more valuable than Crumpler to us? I presume that Crumpler would play for the same $2M for 2008 as Brady.

I don't have an answer, just what I think is the real question.

Alge Crumpler is 100 times the player Ben Watson will NEVER be. I will be shocked if we didn't pursue him knowing how BB love TE's.

I'm as critical of Watson as anyone on this site....
I find it irritating that every routine catch he makes has to appear 10 times more difficult than it actually is.

But how can you say this?

where did you get that from?

Let's give Thomas a chance to show us what he's made of, please. If he can block and has even decent hands, he'll do just fine in our system.

If Crumpler will play for the same $$ given to Kyle Brady, then sign him and dump KB. If he won't, then pass.

You guys simply do not see the power of Alge on the Pats!

"Alge and Moss" !!!

The Patriots don't need Crumpler. Anyone who's watched the Falcons recently could see that he's fat, slow, and drops alot of balls. He was Vick's favorite (and only) target, but now that Vick is gone he isn't the same. Watson is better and Thomas will be far better.

The Patriots don't need Crumpler. Anyone who's watched the Falcons recently could see that he's fat, slow, and drops alot of balls. He was Vick's favorite (and only) target, but now that Vick is gone he isn't the same. Watson is better and Thomas will be far better.

How can you say that Thomas will be far better than Crumpler....Crumpler has got it done in the NFL maybe he has got overweight as you said but I would say it is easier to lose some weight than to prove you are better than a Pro Bowl TE.

How can you say that Thomas will be far better than Crumpler....Crumpler has got it done in the NFL maybe he has got overweight as you said but I would say it is easier to lose some weight than to prove you are better than a Pro Bowl TE.

Being overweight in the NFL tends to be a show of chronic laziness. He also drops alot of easy catches. More than Watson does. Pass.

Crumpler, assuming there are not big issues we don't know about, will command bigger money than Kyle Brady is getting paid.

While he would probably be an upgrade over Watson or D.Thomas, I don't think it would be prudent to blow a bunch of money for him in a position where we already have 3 solid TEs in Watson, Thomas, and Brady.

We have more pressing needs like LB, CB, and even Oline.

Being overweight in the NFL tends to be a show of chronic laziness. He also drops alot of easy catches. More than Watson does. Pass.

Being on the Falcons who lost their Starting QB before the season starts can make you be lazy.

Honestly would you be hating on Crumpler this time last year.....He plays a season with back up QBs and he is a lazy bum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes