PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alge Crumpler is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle eye

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I listen to almost every BB press conference and have done pretty much since he became the head coach here.

In all those years I don't think I ever heard BB use the word awesome to describe one of his players.

I've been impressed with him this preseason and I do believe that his presence has been great for Gronk and for Aaron Hernandez. BB is just full of praise for the guy and it wasn't just in the latest press conference, he has been singing his praises pretty regularly but the use of that word awesome just really struck me. It seems he is a leader, intelligent and had a fantastic work ethic.

Official Website of the New England Patriots

He's been a great pick up for us so far. I agree, I've not heard BB sing someone's praises with the word "awesome" either. Great addition in the blocking and passing game. If we can get some veterans of his calibre on the defensive side of the ball we'd be set.

Probably just talking him up...Would not be surprised to see him get the axe. I remember BB singing Marcus Pollard's praises in the 08 preseason.

I was kind of curious about how they used him last night. They went to him a few times that first drive: First pass he seemed to dig his rudder in and slow down before missing a pass in the middle; seemed to hear footsteps. Then I think he caught a pass and I could have sworn it was Antwoine Smith running (good). Then a miscommunication with Brady on a route.

I figured it all meant one of three things, in order of likelihood:
* Just wanting to get him some reps/action
* He's on the bubble and this was a sort of test
* Hernandez might miss some time so there was urgency to get Alge some action

I kind of like having the guy, all in all.

Last edited:
Probably just talking him up...Would not be surprised to see him get the axe. I remember BB singing Marcus Pollard's praises in the 08 preseason.

This is one of the dumbest comments I have ever seen on this board.

Alge Crumpler makes this team in his sleep. 0 chance of being cut.

Welcome to the site, sunshine.

Aside from lining up consistently with the starting offense, looking like an all-world blocker, showing he still has great hands and earning incredible plaudits for his off-field contributions, Crumpler has shown me NUTHIN! ;)

I'd say Crumpler's pretty safe.

Not as dumb as the one you just made. Theres no doubt Crumpler has been on the roster bubble. What, you think hes the next Tony Gonzalez?

Aside from lining up consistently with the starting offense, looking like an all-world blocker, showing he still has great hands and earning incredible plaudits for his off-field contributions, Crumpler has shown me NUTHIN! ;)

I'd say Crumpler's pretty safe.

This sums it up nicely methinks........Well said, patchick

When Crumpler first came in, I worried that he might be Kyle Brady in 2007 all over again. To say that I've been pleasantly surprised by him is an understatement.

Last edited:
Not as dumb as the one you just made. Theres no doubt Crumpler has been on the roster bubble. What, you think hes the next Tony Gonzalez?

Define roster bubble, if you will, because there is absolutely no chance that Crumpler gets cut. He's going to be very, very valuable to this offense, and Aaron Hernandez can't block, so only carrying 2 TEs is a luxury that the Pats wouldn't have even if they didn't have a lot of talent at the position.

hey,my favorite hemophiliac!!!

what up, Blue?

You have made everyone forget the inane thread I started and you have gone to the head of the class in stupidity.

LOL Yeah, I'm stupid. I have no idea who you are nor do I care, but I can tell you're a very ignorant man just by this sentence. I dared to speculate Bill's opinion of a third string tight end, and instead of logical reasoning, I get flooded by morons calling me names. Alge is the definition of a journeyman, theres nothing "awesome" about him. Is he serviceable until the rookies grow? Certainly. But, I'm not going crazy about a player because of a performance in a preseason finale.

You gotta be kidding me. Tell me youre not serious...please.

LOL Yeah, I'm stupid. I have no idea who you are nor do I care, but I can tell you're a very ignorant man just by this sentence. I dared to speculate Bill's opinion of a third string tight end, and instead of logical reasoning, I get flooded by morons calling me names. Alge is the definition of a journeyman, theres nothing "awesome" about him. Is he serviceable until the rookies grow? Certainly. But, I'm not going crazy about a player because of a performance in a preseason finale.

He's one of the best blocking tight ends in the league; in fact, I'd almost dare to say that he's.... awesome at it. He can also still catch the ball.

FYI, this isn't very complicated: if you say dumb things, people will point out why you're wrong. Doubling down by randomly lashing out at people doesn't help.

Last edited:
Howsabout we all circle back to the interesting premise of this thread, before it's lost in a sea of insults and gets locked down?

LOL Yeah, I'm stupid.

troy%20Brown.jpg

BINGO!!!!

You said this.

"Would not be surprised to see him get the axe"

Wouldn't you consider that comment to be somewhat contradictory to the one above it?

Either he is serviceable or he will get the axe. Can't have it both ways.

Damn, I hate it when I am so logical and smart. It makes me nervous.

You seem to be missing the point I was trying to make. Do I think he is serviceable? Yes. Am I the one making the decisions? No. Belichick is the one making the decisions, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him cut Crumpler. I have heard Bill praise players six ways to sunday and end up cutting them. I used Pollard as an example, and Greg Lewis and Joey Galloway last year would be two more examples. I have no agenda against Crumpler, personally, I hope he ends up in the HOF, but I question BB publicly lavishing him with praises, seems uncharacteristic to me.

How is Alge a journeyman? He's always been a GREAT blocker, he's got great hands, good speed, and runs good routes. His ONLY knock is that he's played with ****ty QBs his entire career. He's played with M Vick, Kerry Collins, Vince Young, and Joey Harrington for pretty much is entire career. No **** he hasn't been an all pro receiving TE. If he ever had a competent QB he may have had some big receiving years.

Also, you're INCORRECT about his position on the depth chart. He isn't the 3rd string option, he's the starting TE. Go check out the damned depth chart (or watch the games) before you claim something. He's always been a starter. You pulled that "Journeyman" comment out of your ass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey