PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alge Crumpler Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus, when they leave him alone, they leave a former all pro receiving tight end, not a Rod Rutledge.

....and Aaron Hernandez is light years better than the immortal Lovett Purnell.

Here. Here.

BUT, I'm not sure why Crump isn't used a little more in the passing game. He's been a fantastic possession receiver in the past.

That's because we have Gronkowski and Hernandez to catch the football.

I really hope he's with the team next year. Doubt that he will be, but he's been a great sign for the Pats.

I really hope he's with the team next year. Doubt that he will be, but he's been a great sign for the Pats.

What says that he is not? He'll be 34 at the end of next season and will be in year 2 of his deal for $2.4m. Thats decent money but not crazy cash.

I was thrilled to hear BE had signed him. I am so appreciative to the guy for being who he's been for our team. Don't think Gronk and Henandez are just that good on their own. Crump has A LOT to do with the success of our young stud TE's.

What says that he is not? He'll be 34 at the end of next season and will be in year 2 of his deal for $2.4m. Thats decent money but not crazy cash.

Ah, for some reason I was thinking it was a 1 year deal. It might be because I've been operating under the assumption that there'd be no football next year (might as well be pessimistic, that way I can only be pleasantly surprised), which would screw with my thinking on this.

Amen to that...great Friggin post.....Alge has been invaluable this season and doesn't get nearly enough love for his role this year. He was primarily a receiving TE most of his career in Atlanta....and he comes in here and BB says...."we're not going to be throwing to u much..need you to BLOCK!"....HE has done a phenomenal job and deserves recognition....

Lost in the rising fortunes of team success and the individual brilliance of Devin McCourty, Danny Woodhead, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez is our machine veteran reformed blocking tight end Alge Crumpler.

Whilst not being a massive target for the Patriots (3 receptions for 35 yards) I can't help but feel he's been one of the acquisitions of the season for the Patriots. By all reports he's been a fantastic leader in the club house and from my observations Crumpler has great rapport with the offensive line, not only knowing his blocking assignments but executing them with precision most of the time.

Whilst we've all celebrated the recent success of BB's drafting this season I believe Crumpler has been one of the reasons Tom Brady has stayed upright and is playing some hellified ball. For mine, Crumpler has been the smart veteran acquisition this team needed to improve the Patriots and add stability to a very young side. BB has worked his magic again.

Well done Alge. Keep up the good work.

I think this guy is such a humble person, works his butt off, he has that team first attitude. I love how he takes TWO rookie tight ends under his wings and treats them as if they were his own sons. It is just amazing what Captain Crump has done for this team :) One of the many unsung hero's of the Patriots.

Tenn. was 13-3 with him playing the blocking role for them. That's where I first noticed Crumpler as a blocker. I kept wondering why he wasn't making more plays in the passing game. Well duh, he was a beast in run and pass protection. Man he would have be handy against the giants.... Kyle Brady got abused in that game. While we are on it. Let's appreciate Dan Graham. He too was an awesome blocking TE..... Who was missed when he left.

I've been inserting little snippets of praise here and there in various posts about Alge Crumpler since he was signed and I watched his first press conference, so this thread is great to see for me personally.

He was a key pick up for an extremely young team.

yep will defiantly will add to this... all you have to do to know his worth is listen to TB every time someone asks him about hern and gronk he always mentions Alge and how big he has been to this team.

He got good separation for that TD against Buffalo as well... signs for a secret post season weapon?

yep will defiantly will add to this... all you have to do to know his worth is listen to TB every time someone asks him about hern and gronk he always mentions Alge and how big he has been to this team.

He got good separation for that TD against Buffalo as well... signs for a secret post season weapon?

This thought crossed my mind as well. Crumpler is a proven quality pass-catcher in the red zone....... Give teams one more thing to worry about when we have the ball inside the 20!

Alge is one of my favorite players on the team. I feel that he embodies what a Patriots player is all about. Hard working, 100% effort, team first, not seeking one own's attention or glory. He does his job well and makes others around him better. I couldnt help but smile when he caught his first TD catch of the season last week in Buffalo. Everyone focuses on the rookie TE's and they are both having a great season but Alge is every bit of important to this team.

Alge is one of my favorite players on the team. I feel that he embodies what a Patriots player is all about. Hard working, 100% effort, team first, not seeking one own's attention or glory. He does his job well and makes others around him better. I couldnt help but smile when he caught his first TD catch of the season last week in Buffalo. Everyone focuses on the rookie TE's and they are both having a great season but Alge is every bit of important to this team.

....and just made a little kid's day.

Crump= Class Act

....and just made a little kid's day.

Crump= Class Act

Totally agree. It's his first season here, but everything he does on and off the field makes me think he was born to be a Patriot.

Win one for Alge!

I just finished watching Alge's press conference for earlier today and this guy all class...not Mr. Classy class, but a real down-to-earth, soft-spoken guy. I totally understand why he was voted a captain in his first year here. If you have a chance, watch the video here:

Alge Crumpler Press Conference - 1/11/2011

There are 2 things that stood out to me in the presser. First, when asked about the development of Rob and Aaron, he says he's really proud of "His guys". He takes total ownership of his teaching role on this team and he seems to take it very seriously. Secondly, he was asked about playing for BB and how it's different from the other places he played. He said he really appreciate the opportunity BB has given him and the professionalism he conducts himself with. He also said that he wished he could have been here earlier in his career.

He could have taken pot-shots at his old team, a-la LaToya (Mr Classy), but instead was his humble self and was just happy to be here and have this chance to win something.

If there ever was a vet that deserves a Ring, it's Alge. So let the rallying cry be, "Win one for Alge!".

Re: Win one for Alge!

Love having this guy. He fits right in with this team.

Plus, giving the football to that kid in the stands after the TD was just awesome! Loved seeing that... :rocker:

I always liked him with the Falcons.

My favorite fantasy end to the season has him as the Super Bowl MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back