PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alge Crumpler Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knows his role and executes his roles very well most of the time. Perfect Pats player.

Great thread idea - can't agree more. He's that highly respected and influential vet, filling in a void very nicely. And with 2 up and coming TE's, the timing was simply superb.

I'm done..... I think BB will be stopping into this thread in a minute. He loves the guys and gushes on him when he can.

BUT, I'm not sure why Crump isn't used a little more in the passing game. He's been a fantastic possession receiver in the past.

I LOVE Alge and what he's doing, but, if you go back and watch the first play of the last game, you'll see the reason. We all get old!

Crumpler is one of those under-the-radar signings that BB seems to always make each year. It didn't seem like a big deal at the time, but he's been great with blocking.

Even more impressive is how quickly he became a captain on this team. Leadership in the locker room was considered a major void last season, and he has helped to fill that. And watching how quickly Gronk and Hernandez have started to contribute as rookies, I can't help but think that some of that is because of Alge's influence.

Love the guy. Watching him walking with BB, and then slapping Koppen's hand after that scuffle showed how much a part of the team he is already. He seems to have bonded with everyone. It really is like he's been here 10 years.

I love how whenever I see Gronk, Crumpler is talking with him. He's the first to congratulate him, always giving him advice, and is just always around him. Great guy for the young TE's to look up to.

How great to acquire a leader for a young team. Pretty rare thing. Rodney led right away, Adalius did not.

Also, having a blocking tight end with hands that can make a clutch catch is big compared to having some stone hand stiff. Might make a big play sometimes. Teams can't cover everyone.

I started a thread about him before. He is a team captain, he is just an awesome blocker. BB has said 'he is awesome' when talking about him a couple of months ago. I don't remember BB ever using the word awesome to describe a player ever before or since then. Its clear that he has been a great influence in the locker room since he came to New England.

Meanwhile Chris Johnson is having it a lot tougher in Tennessee than he did last year while BJGE and Danny Woodhead have flourished with the Patriots. I think its shows what a big addition he has been to the Patriots on running plays.

Agreed.Good thread.

Lost in the rising fortunes of team success and the individual brilliance of Devin McCourty, Danny Woodhead, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez is our machine veteran reformed blocking tight end Alge Crumpler.

Whilst not being a massive target for the Patriots (3 receptions for 35 yards) I can't help but feel he's been one of the acquisitions of the season for the Patriots. By all reports he's been a fantastic leader in the club house and from my observations Crumpler has great rapport with the offensive line, not only knowing his blocking assignments but executing them with precision most of the time.

Whilst we've all celebrated the recent success of BB's drafting this season I believe Crumpler has been one of the reasons Tom Brady has stayed upright and is playing some hellified ball. For mine, Crumpler has been the smart veteran acquisition this team needed to improve the Patriots and add stability to a very young side. BB has worked his magic again.

Well done Alge. Keep up the good work.

Bravo. I'VE hardly "lost" his IMMENSE contributions, nor, obviously, have you, or those of us who understand what builds CHAMPIONS.

And I will add that even more critical ~ to our Quest for the Championship than his Pass Protection ~ is his amazing Run Blocking.

BRAVO. :rocker:

This post is long overdue..... I was praising this signing before the season began. The Crumpler-Nator is a beast! Gotta love Crumps, G-Force and Hernandez! :cool:

I love the way he celebrates and pumps his fist when someone else makes a first down.

There are not many guys that would accept the idea of being primarily blockers. There are even fewer that truly embrace it. We are lucky enough to have one of those guys.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Subject to Review: How TE Alge Crumpler’s ability to crush people keys the run game… and links!

Nice bit on Crumpler's performance in the Bills game:

How good was Crumpler? In the 43 plays it took to build a 31-3 lead, Crumpler was on the field for 26 of them. Only once did his man make the tackle. And, when the team ran directly behind him, the result was 10 carries for a whopping 81 yards.

Plus, when they leave him alone, they leave a former all pro receiving tight end, not a Rod Rutledge.

Considering how important one play can be in the post season, that's huge. obviously he isn't a primary target, but he's displayed agility and hands already this season.

Lost in the rising fortunes of team success and the individual brilliance of Devin McCourty, Danny Woodhead, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez is our machine veteran reformed blocking tight end Alge Crumpler.

Whilst not being a massive target for the Patriots (3 receptions for 35 yards) I can't help but feel he's been one of the acquisitions of the season for the Patriots. By all reports he's been a fantastic leader in the club house and from my observations Crumpler has great rapport with the offensive line, not only knowing his blocking assignments but executing them with precision most of the time.

Whilst we've all celebrated the recent success of BB's drafting this season I believe Crumpler has been one of the reasons Tom Brady has stayed upright and is playing some hellified ball. For mine, Crumpler has been the smart veteran acquisition this team needed to improve the Patriots and add stability to a very young side. BB has worked his magic again.

Well done Alge. Keep up the good work.

Completely agree - bout time someone started this thread.

Plus, when they leave him alone, they leave a former all pro receiving tight end, not a Rod Rutledge.

Considering how important one play can be in the post season, that's huge. obviously he isn't a primary target, but he's displayed agility and hands already this season.

Yup, and the Bills made that mistake as well on Sunday.

I love Alge. He blocks, plays special teams, and so on. He is playing his heart out on every play. He has become a great leader with an attitude you would want every player on your team to have. Keep up the fantastic work Alge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back