PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alfonzo Dennard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belihick heard the laughter. The answer is that he'd rather give up a fourth on a druggie and start him, rather than start Arrington or Moore.

Who else would you rather start Arrington or Moore?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Belihick heard the laughter. The answer is that he'd rather give up a fourth on a druggie and start him, rather than start Arrington or Moore.

Sad, but true.

I do wonder what the grade of concussion Arrington has. Hes having a tough year but hopefully regains last year's form in the 2nd 1/2 of the season.

I do wonder what the grade of concussion Arrington has. Hes having a tough year but hopefully regains last year's form in the 2nd 1/2 of the season.
Kyle Arrington won't have the luxury of Tyler Palko, Vince Young, Dan Orlovsky, Rex Grossman, or Tim Tebow throwing the football directly at him.

Kyle Arrington won't have the luxury of Tyler Palko, Vince Young, Dan Orlovsky, Rex Grossman, or Tim Tebow throwing the football directly at him.

Now that you point it out, this secondary has been really historically bad last year. Being the 32nd ranked pass defense against probably the worst list of starting QBs in the NFL was one helluva achievement ...

Glass I Dowling to IR puts him out of the CB equation for yet another season.

Have to wonder how much longer BB tolerates his fragility.

Until next year's training camp (IOW, the Terry Wheatley timetable).

Taking Adderall suddenly makes one a "druggie"? Interesting hypothesis you've formed there, mg.

It hasn't been just the Adderall; it's also all that sweet, sweet ganja.

I thought this thread was supposed to be about Alfonzo Dennard.

In our private lives, we can have our own morality with regard to the use of drugs. Personally, I think there is much too much government interference in our lives in this area.

In the nil, being suspended for drugs a couple of times defines a druggie.

Taking Adderall suddenly makes one a "druggie"? Interesting hypothesis you've formed there, mg.

In our private lives, we can have our own morality with regard to the use of drugs. Personally, I think there is much too much government interference in our lives in this area.

In the nil, being suspended for drugs a couple of times defines a druggie.

At first glance, I am not entirely sure that the whole Talib is a druggie-troublemaker isn't getting overblown by folks trying to take the MHK morality patrol to another level. I agree with stds but the dynamics of a message board is that some folks think they have to be the ones to notch it up a higher level.

The guy (Talib) ABSOLUTELY has some bad news on his record; but it is not like it all happened in the last 3 years, it is more like 12 years depending when in HS he got involved with OTHER bad guys.

NOTE: all the reports were so vague and non-time sequential that I wanted to try and figure it out (see bottom quote box below). After doing that, I have to say it is a bit more troubling (the violence-lack of judgement stuff) than I thought. Since charges were dropped multiple times some of it theoretically could be charges just to get a settlement; but doesnt sound like it. So we shall see how he turns out up here with more supervision.

And the whole druggie thing; Adderol is a PRESCRIPTION med; that
can be being taken for real reasons (ADHD and sleep issues says med.com). So is this a case of taking a prescription med IAW dr instructions and failing to disclose to the NFL on time OR is it a case of taking a prescription drug for NON-PRESCRIBED (recreation) reasons???

we should definitely write him off as a druggie though because of COLLEGE-age mary jane use and bad reporting to the nfl. After all the Pats have never had a pro-bowl-level CB who carried illegal drugs across an international border or anything...........oh wait. nevermind. :rolleyes:

from med.com
What is Adderall?

Adderall contains a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Both these medicines are central nervous system stimulants that affect chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.
Adderall is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Adderall may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

FROM VARIOUS SOURCES put together:
2000-2005an incident in high school when he pawned a computer stolen by someone else.
2005-2007-8big-time (?? - what is this 'big time' ??) marijuana issues at Kansas.
2007Had a daughter in June 2007 and said that matured him.

in the NFL:
2008 a fight at the rookie symposium,
2008 several fights with teammates over the course of his brief career, including one incident in which he swung a helmet at a fellow player
2009suspended one game by the NFL for beating up a cab driver, had a felony warrant issued for assault with a deadly weapon ( but the two sides reached a settlement. charges later dropped)
March 2011 police in Garland, Texas, issued a felony warrant for Talib’s arrest for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after accusing him of firing a gun at his sister’s boyfriend, but the charges were later dropped
2012then the current 4-game suspension. (positive drug test).

I disagree.

Start McCourty and Dennard at cornerback and two of Chung, Gregory, Wilson at safety.

Because the combination of Chung, Wilson, and Gregory has been so damn effective up to this point, right?

Chung--absolutely sucks in coverage + having a horrible year unless he's in the box in run support (maybe he should change positions??? Or he could try and learn how to play his instead?)

Wilson--a rookie mind you, still learning his responsibilities and assignments...who somehow allowed his WR to get behind him when standing on the 5 yard line in deep coverage to lose the Seattle game. As if that weren't enough in itself, he then went on to repeat the exact same mistake on the opening drive of the very next game, after likely watching his mistake all week long.

Gregory--lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back