PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alfonzo Dennard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame the DB coach for the secondary issues. Please get Ty Law or Rodney Harrison or someone that is actually good to rectify this situation.

**** it, just sign Ty :D

I stopped by to see if anyone else had noticed that Dennard had broken up two passes.....

I should have known better.

:)

That's a very encouraging debut. Hopefully we have yet another contributor from this already stellar rookie class.

He Dennard the Broncos the victory.

Darius Butler rookie season: turned and looked for the ball
Devin McCourty rookie season: turned and looked for the ball
Alfonzo Dennard rookie season: is turning around and looking for the ball

Surely it's a coaching issue! Players aren't just going to decide "oh I'll not try and play the ball anymore"

Except Butler and McCourty's rookie seasons both came at a time where this defense was playing much more zone than man. That doesn't seem to be the case this year.

Hail fonzie.

Please let him be legit.

Glad to see that Belichick did not limit himself as others did worrying about an out of character charge for a college kid.
Not only that but the cops are going wild in the US right now, and there is no way anybody should assume the charges are justified. Cops attack people all the time. They taser people in wheelchairs for chrissake.

the "wrong" officer wouldn't have had an opportunity to slap the assault charge on Dennard if Dennard wasn't fighting with another man at 2:15 AM outside a bar to a degree that resulted in police intervention.

It was an off duty cop that had been drinking, we don't know the whole story and may never.

Fonzie also brings an attitude that is sorely lacking among the Patriots DBs (Arrington has a bit but not like the Fonz). We did not see much of it today but as he gains more confidence (he has a lot to start with) we will see it more and more. Fonzie is also a tough guy who likes to mix it up. It is all good.

As far as McCourty...I still think he is a very good CB with average ball skills. His guy was not getting open much (I have only seen the last third of the game so far) and had to make acrobatic catches. The late TD he gave up was a SICK catch; not McCourty's fault at all--no CB could stop that.

I agree, Fred. It's a welcome change of pace to have a physical corner in there who will not back down. He may be a bit undersized, but his junior year he was considered first round material, better than his Nebraska fellow corner who was taken by the Giants, Prince Abracadabra-something.

I like Dennard. It's like having Ty Law back. I'm tired of these passive CB's we've had.

And Dennard missed most of training camp and this year. He looked very poised out there.

the "wrong" officer wouldn't have had an opportunity to slap the assault charge on Dennard if Dennard wasn't fighting with another man at 2:15 AM outside a bar to a degree that resulted in police intervention.

Oh who cares! He turned to look at the ball! He turned. His head.

He can marry my daughter :D

Yeah, I'm worried he'll be coached out of the habit of turning for the ball. It's inexplicable really.

One of the best men at my wedding is a cop. Most cops are fine.

But when you read a number of reports of police abuse and then you have a bunch of people saying it is out of character you take things with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying he didn't do it, but to immediately assume he has character issues because of one event might be jumping the gun.

PS - the best man who is a cop? He was arrested a decade before he became a cop for resisting arrest/assaulting an officer. It was BS the way he tells it.

Not only that but the cops are going wild in the US right now, and there is no way anybody should assume the charges are justified. Cops attack people all the time. They taser people in wheelchairs for chrissake.

Truth.

Loved seeing Dennard turn his head while running with the receiver when the ball was in the air. Looks solidy built.

One of the best men at my wedding is a cop. Most cops are fine.

But when you read a number of reports of police abuse and then you have a bunch of people saying it is out of character you take things with a grain of salt.

I'm not saying he didn't do it, but to immediately assume he has character issues because of one event might be jumping the gun.

PS - the best man who is a cop? He was arrested a decade before he became a cop for resisting arrest/assaulting an officer. It was BS the way he tells it.

Gross that some person like that can put people with a plant in their pocket in a cage. Boyaah.

I really liked what I saw in limited action from Dennard. I was screaming with enthusiasm when he tracked the ball instead of the player. I don't know why that's so hard for the rest of our guys to figure out.

One particularly horrendous play I won't soon forget was a big completion down field, I believe to D. Thomas, where Chung was tracking the ball perfectly and was an outstretched arm away from going for the INT. Instead, he totally disregard the ball and tried to lay the wood on the receiver, effectively conceding the catch and allowing a huge gain.....worthless play, epitomizing our secondary woes.

I really liked what I saw in limited action from Dennard. I was screaming with enthusiasm when he tracked the ball instead of the player. I don't know why that's so hard for the rest of our guys to figure out.

One particularly horrendous play I won't soon forget was a big completion down field, I believe to D. Thomas, where Chung was tracking the ball perfectly and was an outstretched arm away from going for the INT. Instead, he totally disregard the ball and tried to lay the wood on the receiver, effectively conceding the catch and allowing a huge gain.....worthless play, epitomizing our secondary woes.

Concur, Chung is stupid really. The worse part is that, when he is going for the hits, he closes his eyes, does not know what he is hitting. All he has to do is go for the ball. The stupidest thing I have seen from him is the game vs the Giants when we played them at home last year.

I agree. Dennard's play was a sight for sore eyes because I have seen some bad coverage technique in that secondary so far this season.

Concur, Chung is stupid really. The worse part is that, when he is going for the hits, he closes his eyes, does not know what he is hitting. All he has to do is go for the ball. The stupidest thing I have seen from him is the game vs the Giants when we played them at home last year.

He really is. I was in shock when he just took his eyes off the ball...it was an INT...

He has terrible instincts downfield and in coverage. I was a big supporter of his in years past but our coverage needs dont include what he brings to the table. We will need to draft a strong safety who can cover in the 2nd round this coming draft.

Dennard tracking the ball was a breath of fresh air. Start him at SS.

He is a rookie though so that's obviously an advantage. Year 2 it's all over for guys in this secondary.

It'd be nice to laugh and say this is an exagerration, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back