PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alfonzo Dennard

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Dennard has played very well. Watching him he appears to very competitive. He did get beat on a few plays but so has Claiborne and he was draft in the top 10.

Wilson has been are best safety this season. He was sneaking up on that play and paid the price. Also take into account Ebner who is new to the sport was the only other guy back there. Who knows what his responsibilities were on that play.

Honestly that TD is null and void if we kick a field goal or Brady doesn't throw that pass into the ground in the beginning of the first half. I don't think we should be passing blame to anyone but if we are going to the blame for this loss needs to go on BB, JM, or Brady who have been around this league for 10+ years not a combination of rookies who are still adjusting to the NFL and the speed of the game.

Starting would be the best thing for this Team we need to also Start Wilson at Safety...I can live with the Rookies messing up not third or fourth year players.

Sure, fair enough, but that was certainly his main responsibility. Particularly as the guy was running down the field near him..

As you pointed out, there was not going to be any other way that they beat us on that drive.

The whole world knew that was coming. We all knew. The fans at the game knew. Both coaches knew, and the Patriot secondary knew.

Yet he allowed the guy to run right past him unopposed, and failed to make any play on the ball whatsoever.

I don't imagine that coach Belichick will be too happy on that 'responsibility.'

Rookie mistake. If he were a cagey vet he should have pulled him down and taken the PI. A PI is much preferable to allowing the TD in that situation. Wilson is still a rookie so he has an excuse but... still I wonder about the design of that play, if he was supposed to be the over the top safety he should have been much deeper downfield and let the play happen in front of him rather than chasing the WR from behind.

Pats defense down the MIDDLE of the field is consistently abysmal. Tell me is it PLAY DESIGN or is it the defenders? It's really frustrating to see that D being beat OVER and OVER again in the same area of the field - deep middle!

Dennard - he did not do badly enough to cover himself in shame. However I didn't see many impact plays from him against the Seahawks either. Why we allow Russell Wilson to put on a Peyton Manning impersonation act... only our secondary can do this. It is bewildering and unacceptable that this secondary gets torched AT WILL when the chips are all at stake.

Rookie Mistakes

The time for rookie mistakes is now, in preparation for the playoffs. I suspect that we would be better with Dennard, Dowling and Wilson getting lots of reps now.

Except that Dowling isn't getting any reps now, so how much better will he become by Christmas?

I've said it before in the Coaching Problem thread, and I'll say it again now:
Josh Boyer is inarguably unqualified to be a CBs coach on an NFL team, much less on one
with championship aspirations.

Except that Dowling isn't getting any reps now, so how much better will he become by Christmas?

I've said it before in the Coaching Problem thread, and I'll say it again now:
Josh Boyer is inarguably unqualified to be a CBs coach on an NFL team, much less on one
with championship aspirations.

It seems to be consensus among fans that the CBs coach is what the problem is. If the problem is this easy to figure out why hasn't something been done about it? BB would have fixed the problem by now if it was that obvious. I think it's just the lousy players we have in the secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots