PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alfonzo Dennard Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
One officer who was 70 ft away at 2 am in a crowded area.

Yeah. Cops NEVER cover for one another. :rolleyes:

Must admit I am not following this trial but if you have ever read any inside cop novels (like Joseph Wambaugh's stuff, for instance) you learn that cops do a lot of what they call "testilying," to cover their or their fellow officers' butts. Could be what's going on here-- or this guy has other-worldly eyesight.

Last edited:
Just curious. Has the issue of blood alcohol level ever been discussed in this case? Are breath/blood tests only administered for moving vehicle cases? You would think alcohol levels would be tested due to the circumstances of this particular incident.
And did prosecutors show this video so jurors could see what a Dennard closed fist punch looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXBsz1bBfF0

A real stretch, in my opinion, but when he was interviewed by teams, he was not an employee of the NFL. Also, even after arrested, he was still presumed innocent by law, so why would it be a lie for Dennard to claim his innocence when in the eyes of the legal system he was innocent at that time?

Exactly. I don't think the NFL has any jurisdiction over this even if he's convicted. IIRC this incident happened BEFORE the NFL Draft. They can't retroactively punish Dennard for providing accurate info relative to being convicted of a crime. Unless there was a "were you ever arrested" question that required full disclosure I'm guessing that his lawyer and the NFLPA can tell the commissioner to pound sand.

Did the length and scope of this trial seem overblown, or is it just me?

Did the length and scope of this trial seem overblown, or is it just me?

That's social media for you. Ten years earlier, and we wouldn't even know about this case unless someone was dead or near-death.

Guilty of hitting the cop.

So I guess we'll be out a while.

That's a really stupid jury, if that's a correct breakdown of the verdict.

So did the jury trust the cop despite lack of any other evidence, or did they decide that accidentally jabbing the cop with an elbow is still assault?

So did the jury trust the cop despite lack of any other evidence, or did they decide that accidentally jabbing the cop with an elbow is still assault?

It's got to be the second, which is why I called the jury stupid. If they didn't believe the cop about the man getting assaulted, how does his story about himself getting hit survive their scrutiny?

That's a really stupid jury, if that's a correct breakdown of the verdict.

I think I read somewhere that the breakdown was 8 women, 4 men; perhaps less empathetic than if the numbers were reversed

He faces up to 6 yrs in prison acc to Neb law.
Sentencing April 11.
I wonder if his contract would toll that long.

This is a felony. d%#*!@t! Looks like he'll be out this coming season.

I hope he can just get off with probation because he has no prior record. But at this point the Patriots need to plan for the worst.

Resigning Talib just became that much more important, as did searching the draft and Free Agency for another solid prospect. McCourty may need to move back to Cornerback to fill the void and the team looks for a Safety instead.

what a dumb ass. I guess he won't be tweeting about video games anymore. He must have thought he had this case in the bag.

This is a felony. d%#*!@t! Looks like he'll be out this coming season.

Is that automatic, or is that up to the NFL to decide?

Technically, he wasn't an NFL employee when the crime was committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back