PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alfonzo Dennard Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
...And..."Under Acton’s cross-examination, however, Dennard said it was possible he hit Kopsa with his right arm. But he maintained that he did not do so on purpose."

Of course his attorney immediately straightened Dennard out..."Under questioning by defense attorney Dougherty, Dennard said he never threw a punch at Kopsa, nor did he strike him in the face with a closed fist."...

Straightened out? When did "right arm" become an exact synonym for a closed fist?

Is borg a fan of another team or is his thing showing that he isn't a pats homer regardless of the situation?

Except for the incident in the bar.....and the incident on the street. Guess the cop made that up too. One huge conspiracy to nail the kid they gave they opportunity to go home twice.

Too bad Dennard admitted hitting the kid on the street..." On the witness stand Friday, former Husker Alfonzo Dennard admitted hitting another man on the streets of downtown Lincoln last April and resisting arrest."

And..."Under Acton’s cross-examination, however, Dennard said it was possible he hit Kopsa with his right arm. But he maintained that he did not do so on purpose."

Of course his attorney immediately straightened Dennard out..."Under questioning by defense attorney Dougherty, Dennard said he never threw a punch at Kopsa, nor did he strike him in the face with a closed fist."

So it was possible...but he didn't.

Now who knows how the good people of Lincoln will vote, but if I hear a cop say he got punched and a defendant utter the phrase "it was possible," ......case closed. But then again how many cases have head coaches lurking in the wings glad handing people in the court room.
Yeah, I think he's definitely going to get stuck with a misdemeanor or two, but I don't understand how they can find him guilty of the felony when the only guy who says that he saw it happen was the guy that it happened to. And even then, how does a guy who claims he got hit with an 8 out of 10 punch remember absolutely every detail about what happened? I've been forcibly hit in the face before, and I can't tell you for sure what happened in the split second before I got hit. From my understanding, if Dennard accidentally hit the cop with his arm rather than purposely with his fist, then that changes everything.

Funny how he remembers everything about that night except if he punched a cop. I also enjoyed the "you are not arresting me" banter. Guess in Lincoln, ballers have the option of arrest or go home....Why doesn't this cop know the rules :)
Finally, loved how the coach makes a guest appearance at the trial for some glad handing with the perp and the crowd. I'm guessing some Husker gear was left in the jury room "by accident".
I'm thinking Nick Nolte as the coach.
Lil Wayne as both Dennards
Vin Diesel as the cop
The Dice Man as the drunk in the street
Burt Reynolds as the Judge

All thats missing is Joe Pesci from "My Cousin Vinny" as Dennards Attorney.

This case is such a joke. The prosecution couldn't find a single witness who saw Dennard actually punch the cop, the cell phone video doesn't show him punching the cop, and there weren't really any injuries. It's basically the cop against everybody else right now.

Except a cops word is as good as gold in a court of law.

Except for the incident in the bar.....and the incident on the street. Guess the cop made that up too. One huge conspiracy to nail the kid they gave they opportunity to go home twice.

Too bad Dennard admitted hitting the kid on the street..." On the witness stand Friday, former Husker Alfonzo Dennard admitted hitting another man on the streets of downtown Lincoln last April and resisting arrest."

And..."Under Acton’s cross-examination, however, Dennard said it was possible he hit Kopsa with his right arm. But he maintained that he did not do so on purpose."

Of course his attorney immediately straightened Dennard out..."Under questioning by defense attorney Dougherty, Dennard said he never threw a punch at Kopsa, nor did he strike him in the face with a closed fist."

Now who knows how the good people of Lincoln will vote, but if I hear a cop say he got punched and a defendant utter the phrase "it was possible," ......case closed. But then again how many cases have head coaches lurking in the wings glad handing people in the court room.

Take a guess who's going to be a guest sitting in Krafts luxury box 1st home game this season?

Funny how he remembers everything about that night except if he punched a cop. I also enjoyed the "you are not arresting me" banter. Guess in Lincoln, ballers have the option of arrest or go home....Why doesn't this cop know the rules :)
Finally, loved how the coach makes a guest appearance at the trial for some glad handing with the perp and the crowd. I'm guessing some Husker gear was left in the jury room "by accident".
I'm thinking Nick Nolte as the coach.
Lil Wayne as both Dennards
Vin Diesel as the cop
The Dice Man as the drunk in the street
Burt Reynolds as the Judge

Funny how you overlook a few things. Like how the video didn't show Dennard hitting the cop. How the video didn't show Dennard hitting Ben Samani. How Ben Samani said he didn't know if it was Dennard that hit him. How there have been no witnesses who have said that Dennard hit Samani or punched the cop.

Now, as for the coach, you seem to be under the misguided impression that he was glad-handing. Yet, by all reports, he was there as a potential character witness for Dennard that the Defense chose not to call.

You seriously have some issues..

You mean the argument in the bar? Yes, people get arrested for arguing in a bar all the time.. :rolleyes:

He was in the process of going home when Samani hit him in the cross walk. But yeah, you are so brilliant you put all the blame on Dennard.. :rolleyes:

Dennard admitted to hitting Samani after he said Samani hit him. Nice how you don't have the story straight.

And..."Under Acton’s cross-examination, however, Dennard said it was possible he hit Kopsa with his right arm. But he maintained that he did not do so on purpose."d

That's because you have no clue what reasonable doubt is. Kopsa said that he got hit with a right hook. Yet no one else saw this and the only reason that the other officer tackled Dennard was because Kopsa had waved for help and then stumbled.. The other officer didn't actually see Dennard hit Kopsa.

No, it's not. Especially when there is other evidence that doesn't support his claims..

Jury goes home for the night without reaching a verdict.

Yeah, I think he's definitely going to get stuck with a misdemeanor or two, but I don't understand how they can find him guilty of the felony when the only guy who says that he saw it happen was the guy that it happened to. And even then, how does a guy who claims he got hit with an 8 out of 10 punch remember absolutely every detail about what happened? I've been forcibly hit in the face before, and I can't tell you for sure what happened in the split second before I got hit. From my understanding, if Dennard accidentally hit the cop with his arm rather than purposely with his fist, then that changes everything.

Not to mention that the ONLY evidence of the hit was a couple of scratches on Officer Kopsa's neck. No bruising. No Concussion. And that is from the Doctor's report of the exam that was performed on Kopsa after the incident.

The more that one thinks about it, it's clear that what happened was that Kopsa didn't identify himself, grabbed Dennard's arm from behind, Dennard turned and flailed his arm to break the hold, Kopsa got hit with the arm in the face, and then that's when the other officer tackled Dennard.

One of the things that stands out to me is that reports from the gallery said that the video was not conclusive on whether Dennard hit Samani 1st or 2nd or whether Dennard hit Kopsa. And yet, we're supposed to believe that Kopsa was able to distinctly make out Dennard , in a crowd crossing the street, lowering his shoulder and plowing through Samani.

I'll be honst, it screams to me that Kopsa was set on blaming Dennard regardless of what happened after Dennard left the bar. Otherwise, why didn't Kopsa arrest Samani as well? Especially since Samani was drunk that night.

No, it's not. Especially when there is other evidence that doesn't support his claims..

Yes it does.

If a cop sees a crime committed they have the right to act. Do you mean to tell me this cop imagined Dennard turning around and punching him?

if convicted..how many games will he be suspended by the NFL...we talking 6 games here plus jail time if it comes down to it? That would really mean we need to keep talib or get another FA semi big name guy

Well this same cop says that he saw Dennard punch a guy in the face, when the "victim" here actually says it was lightly and in the chest.

if convicted..how many games will he be suspended by the NFL...we talking 6 games here plus jail time if it comes down to it?
I don't think under their rules they can suspend him for conduct before he was drafted. The draft is the line of demarcation.

But it's been proved before (with Terrelle Pryor) that they can override that rule if they really want to. Though I don't see why they would want to in this case, how could his alleged crime reflect badly on the NFL if he wasn't in the NFL at the time? Arguably the Patriots were the ones who damaged the NFL's rep by drafting him, this all was known before the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes