PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alexander, Seahawks agree on eight-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 years ? I'd love to see the numbers on that. Alexander was a rookie in 2000, Belichick's first year in NE so he's already got 6 years in.

With bonus proration limited to four years, Alexander's deal is surely a four-year deal with four bogus years tacked on for pure puffery of the numbers. Once the bonus proration is off the books, cutting a player is not only easy, but almost automatic.

I'm happy for Shaun Alexander he had a very good year and he has been
very productive for Seattle. Now we will see where the other backs will
go soon.

This deal (as usual) can't be evaluated until we see all the salaries. You ar correct that only the first four years likely really matter.

hwc said:
With bonus proration limited to four years, Alexander's deal is surely a four-year deal with four bogus years tacked on for pure puffery of the numbers. Once the bonus proration is off the books, cutting a player is not only easy, but almost automatic.

Congrats on the dea for him..I agree he's not as top flight as hyped, but certainly in the top tier..no doubt about that. But he's not a complete player..I don't think he's a very good blocker and not much of a receiving threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back