PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ALDS: Red Sox vs Angels [5 game series]

offense is anemic tonight, as is all too usual this season.

lowrie looks like a deer in the head lights.:confused:
He redeemed himself really well in this game. Even when he made the error, I didn't think he looked overwhelmed. He'll be fine. Vladimir, now that was deer in the headlights...

One down.....ten to go.

Lester is money. Pitched a fantastic game. I'm hoping we are kept in the same position for Pap to finish off how he did today.

Dice-K start becomes crucial now. Heading back to Boston 2-0 up would be brilliant.

lowrie looks like a deer in the head lights.:confused:

Do you ever stop complaining?

Also, wow that was an easy 3 run win. I thought we were in big trouble without Josh? We can now easily sweep the Angels with our Cy Young candidate coming up Friday followed by one of the greatest playoff pitches off all-time at the playoff home opener.

Huge win for the Sox.

I replayed that Vladimir Guerrero play at least 10-15 times last night, I could not believe he tried for third base.. to say the least that was pretty amazing

Last edited:
for people that didn't watch the game, this is what I am refering to

"Down by one run in the eighth inning Wednesday night, with Vladimir Guerrero on first base for the Angels, Torii Hunter hit a pop fly into shallow right field. Guerrero ran a little more than halfway to second base, just as he is taught, and froze. When Red Sox first baseman Kevin Youkilis failed to catch the ball, Guerrero cruised into second. Then, for some inexplicable reason that the Angels could spend all winter trying to figure out, he bolted for third. Youkilis picked up the ball, threw to third, and nailed Guerrero by at least 15 feet."

Postseason savvy eludes Angels - Lee Jenkins - SI.com

I replayed that Vladimir Guerrero play at least 10-15 times last night, I could not believe he tried for third base.. to say the least that was pretty amazing

That had to be the worst baserunning against the Sox since Jeff Suppan. . . .

This team needs to go for the kill!!!!Dice K needs to have a decent outing and this offense needs to hit Ervin Santana.Great start to the series but not over yet.

I watched it a few times and couldn't believe he never looked back rounding second. Not only that, he sure did not look fast. For some reason I figured him fleet of foot, not.

This team needs to go for the kill!!!!Dice K needs to have a decent outing and this offense needs to hit Ervin Santana.Great start to the series but not over yet.
wow that's remarkable analysis on your part:rolleyes:

Well i think Dice K needs to prove to himself.He is 3-0 in the post season but with an era over 5.He hasnt exactly pitched great.

I watched it a few times and couldn't believe he never looked back rounding second. Not only that, he sure did not look fast. For some reason I figured him fleet of foot, not.

Vlad is really run down with injuries...his knees are that of Andre Dawson.

Yes, he looks injured.It sucks cause the guy is an incredible player when he hits but his plate discipline is very poor.

Vlad hit .412/.461/.691 in Septmeber. He may not have the speed he once did, but he can still hit.

Do you ever stop complaining?

Also, wow that was an easy 3 run win. I thought we were in big trouble without Josh? We can now easily sweep the Angels with our Cy Young candidate coming up Friday followed by one of the greatest playoff pitches off all-time at the playoff home opener.

Huge win for the Sox.
wtf are you talking about? :rolleyes: i think it sucks that beckett cant pitch in two games. let me guess you think thats a good thing? i never said anything about being in trouble and i never said the sox couldnt win the series without beckett. show me where i did. learn how to read.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back