PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Albert..No injury...conditioning issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang....I was hoping he had an injury that kept him out most of the preseason, to the point speculation would start that he wouldn't make the final roster cutdown.

The last time that happened with a malcontent but extremely talented player we had just traded a low pick for, he scored 23 TDs that season. ;)

Seriously though, I hope he gets back soon and can work on being the player we hope he can be this season.

Haynesworth is getting 24 TDs

I'm just hoping he comes out the first game healthy, mean and hungry.

Yup. I used to breed elite show horses and one of my best sold as a 4 year old with a slight lesion in one joint from an injury he sustained as a baby. Never took a lame step in his life, but the sale vet recommended he get these shots monthly during show season just as a precaution. Sucker is still showing at 17 and never has taken a lame step. It won't fix a problem although it can make it less painful, but it can also keep a potential problem from getting worse.

The question is, how many sittings would it take for Albert to eat that horse? Depending on side dishes I put the over-under at Brunch.

Regardless of what's keeping him off the field right now, Haynesworth has only played 1 injury-free season and that was during his rookie year. More than likely he's going to miss a number of games this season too but I guess that's why the Pats signed a dozen d-linemen this offseason.

Interesting to speculate now on why the Patriots suddenly have resigned Gerrard Warren......... :eek:

Not sure if she has an individual one at Boston.com, but the Globe's Patriots news is all grouped under the following feed:

Boston.com -- Patriots news

As for her Twitter feed, Twitter recently stopped supported RSS for some reason, but this should still work (doesn't work in Google Reader though, oddly enough):

Thanks for the link. As far as Twitter and RSS....

Twitter and facebook are leading the way to more proprietary systems than RSS, which means that RSS is getting the heave ho. There's still a way to get the RSS feeds, though. You either get them from someone who's already got the URL (which is what I was asking) or you follow the steps Twitter has laid out to do it (I'm sure that's a pain in the ass). I don't have a twitter account, though, so that option's not currently available to me.

Last edited:
Synvist is great ... makes an older man feel younger no question - i think it's chicken cartilage.

He is a physical specimen with natural talent. I would rather have him in the film room watching tape, learning the system and resting that massive frame of his for when the games matter.

Now this makes a lot of sense and sets my mind a rest abit. BB would never publicly tell the media a player is undergoing a medical procedure, during the season when he didn't HAVE to. This "conditioning" excuse is a perfect cover.

BTW- Even if it truly is a conditioning issue, it doesn't bother me a bit.....IF Albert is working hard and is diligent in correcting the condition.l I'm sure that every team is undergoing conditioning issues after this strange off season.

IF he isn't undergoing a medical procedure, or isn't diligent about getting into great shape, then Dump his sorry ass to the gutter, and it will be a great object less to both the rookies and Vets

When you consider that an unprecedented number of players (ten) have already blown out their achilles heel in TC, along with an unusually high rate of injuries being reported (because of a lack of an off-season conditioning, supervised program, OTA, etc) we should be thankful that the Patriots like to err on the side of caution, and are able to do so, because the roster is built for depth and not to be top-heavy.

I agree,Psycho...and if I'm reading this right, Haynesworth will be playing sub packages where his basic responsibility is to get upfield..his strength..instead of gap responsibilities. I'm just not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back