PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Albert Haynesworth and Chad Ochocinco restructure their contracts with Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before anyone starts spending all the savings, Miguel had us right up against the cap with a couple of signings pending before today (he had assumed we borrowed the $3M in cap exemptions we were so close). We may not (have chosen to) save all that much if Mankins got a deal that averages close to $8M. So we are back in good shape but it's not like we're swimmin' in cap... And Welker and possibly Branch and Mayo are up next (between now and the end of the season IMO).

Locking up Welker and Mayo while absorbing some of their cap hit this year, therefore giving us additional cap room next year, would be just fine by me. :D

Not many more position to increase, unless it's by trade. Only FA spot I see being upgraded is interior OL, either Koppen or Connolly. But yes, it seems like something is coming.

The Centers available now (via FA) are:

Eric Heittman (SF)
Rudy Niswanger (KC)
Shaun Ohara (NYG)
Daniel Sanders (Bal)
Cody Wallace (Det)

Guards:

Kevin Boothe (NYG)
Travis Bright (Dal)
Leonard Davis (Dal)
Trai Essex (Pit)
Alan Faneca (Az)
Mike Gibson (Sea)
Jeff Hansen (Ten)
Herman Johnson (Chi)
Vince Manuwai (Jax)
Cory Procter (Mia)
Mark Setterstrom (STL)
Rich Seubert (NYG)
Brian Waters (KC)
Reggie Wells (Phi)
Mike Williams (DC)

Yeah, I see Waters and Davis as the two best options. Either would be an upgrade over Connolly, while shifting that RG spot to more of a power spot than a pulling spot, paving the way for Cannon to step in next year.

adbrandt Andrew Brandt
Speaking of incentives, Albert Haynesworth reduced 2011 salary from $5.4M to $1.5M but has upside to $5.85M if hits all incentives.
11 minutes ago

Like I said, let's don't spend all the savings just yet...

I'd be pretty surprised if they bother re-upping Deion for after this year -- and I say that as someone who's loved having him on the team. I just think they're hoping Taylor Price proves to have a lock on that roster spot after 2011. What does this have to do with this particular thread?

Um...

Um...

Now is all that LTBE bonuses or NLTBE bonuses. I think the Pro Bowl is considered a NLTBE, but the rest may be LTBE. If they are LTBE, the Pats have to save cap room for them.

May be based on his performance last season.

They freed up the cash to sign Julius Peppers!

Now is all that LTBE bonuses or NLTBE bonuses. I think the Pro Bowl is considered a NLTBE, but the rest may be LTBE. If they are LTBE, the Pats have to save cap room for them.

Under the old CBA, I believe the LTBE/ULTBE break-off was based on your actual stats the prior season. So, if Haynesworth played in 50% of defensive snaps, then the clauses up to that would be LTBE and count against the 2011 cap, and performance above that would be ULTBE and count against the 2012 cap. If he failed to reach LTBE, there would be a credit on the 2012 cap.

Not sure if anything changed.

Seriously, I don't really see how this offseason could get any better.

The Centers available now (via FA) are:

Eric Heittman (SF)
Rudy Niswanger (KC)
Shaun Ohara (NYG)
Daniel Sanders (Bal)
Cody Wallace (Det)

Guards:

Kevin Boothe (NYG)
Travis Bright (Dal)
Leonard Davis (Dal)
Trai Essex (Pit)
Alan Faneca (Az)
Mike Gibson (Sea)
Jeff Hansen (Ten)
Herman Johnson (Chi)
Vince Manuwai (Jax)
Cory Procter (Mia)
Mark Setterstrom (STL)
Rich Seubert (NYG)
Brian Waters (KC)
Reggie Wells (Phi)
Mike Williams (DC)

Out of the names on the list, I would give the agents for Heitman, O'Hara, Boothe,
Seubert, Waters & Wells a ringy-dingy. O'Hara & Seubert have to prove that they're healthy,
and Waters may retire rather than play for another team, unless he is paid starter's wages.

Let's see how Bill feels about the backup C/Gs after tonight's game.

how was this person able to generate the 1.21 giggawats?

please do tell. i hate working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back