PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Albert Breer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
question- anyone wonder what happened to this guy ? he was terrific the first time around with the pats and with his tale of the tape but recently doesnt miss a chance to downplay the pats. i dont mind objective and balanced opinions but everytime he talks pats he says something as a caveat. Like after miami game in oct he said he still thought they were the better team and pats got lucky with STeams.
In the steeler gme he abruptly tweeted after the 3rd TD that pats maybe running up the score
and now today
... Not knocking anyone else. Belichick's one of the all-tome greats. But idea that Rex has done nothing has expired.

Rex knows what he's doing, is my point. 20 wins in first 30 games. Went AFCCG in Year 1 -- took BB 7 yrs as a HC to do that.

They're winning/more marketable than ever. Plus, Rex is 2-1 vs. Belichick.
did the pats shut him our something ?

Breer is now covering the entire league. I think he's just trying to be unbiased. I'm sure the position he has now is more prestigious but I don't like it. I prefer my Pats coverage to be homer based.

Breer is now covering the entire league. I think he's just trying to be unbiased. I'm sure the position he has now is more prestigious but I don't like it. I prefer my Pats coverage to be homer based.

well he was the same even with the globe recently before he moved to the nfln.

Part of the problem is he provides no context to his factually correct statements.

Rex wouldn't have made the playoffs, let alone gone to the AFCCG, had the Colts actually tried to beat them. And while Belichick didn't turn the Browns around overnight, there was no free agency back then, no quick fix to a horribly old roster.

Rex is 2-1 against us but the wins are in NY. Let's see him win in Foxboro before we annoint him; but even then it's necessary to remember that Belichick is in the second year of his rebuild while Rex and Mike are playing a "win now" roster.

Breer has been on the Jets bandwagon for some time now.

The change in Breer over the years has been dramatic. He was Mike Reiss before Reiss started writing professionally. I thought he was just as good, if not better than Reiss was in that role - and was just as much if not more pro-Pats. Obviously since moving on from the Herald he had to be more neutral at The Sporting News and Dallas Morning News. When he returned to the Globe it did seem like there were a few times that he was a bit of a contrarian, and it still seems that way sometimes with the NFL Network and NFL.com.

I don't know if he's trying too hard to not be a homer, or if we're being unrealistic and simply want the old pro-Pats Breer back.

for some reason this had me rolling:singing:

Breer sucks, what else is new?

I think you must have pissed Breer off.
Looks like he just gave all your threads one star.

This from the guy who predicted Miami would win the division? Uh, yeah, next channel.

I'm not looking for homers, just guys not to be a douche. Running up the score ? That's so 2007. Has Albert watched our defense this year ? And he still tweets about running up the score ?

:bricks:

This from the guy who predicted Miami would win the division? Uh, yeah, next channel.

Precisely.

I'm suing Tufts for total return of my tuition after the egregious Breer and Maz devalued the degree.

Precisely.

I'm suing Tufts for total return of my tuition after the egregious Breer and Maz devalued the degree.

Me too, but Breer went to Ohio State. His former partner, Tomase is the Tufts alum.......

Me too, but Breer went to Ohio State. His former partner, Tomase is the Tufts alum.......

Slipped a cog there. Breer lived or lives in Sudbury MA where I lived for a couple decades. 98.5's Maz is another POS Tufts alum.

Breer is an idiot. I don't care if he says the Patriots are the greatest team since sliced bread. The guy is a know-nothing.

Didn't read him the first time around but the second time he sure came off as a clown. Shockingly arrogant and really not right all that often. He also seemed to make no effort to acquire sources while he was here and just went with his own opinion more than anything. He came off as a less terrible version of Skip Bayless; not all that smart but extremely opinionated and married to his views. His blog post blasting the Pats for picking McCourty was the definition of knee-jerk, poor journalism.
And seriously, what kind of a clown grows up in a wealthy suburbs of Boston and goes to Ohio state, AND tweets about how great tOSU is every 5 minutes? I can do without this guy.

more today arguing pats schedule is as tough if not tougher than the jets

Right, agreed. But Patriots go to Buffalo, in potentially inclement conditions, day after X-mas. Bills are tough. Not a cakewalk.

Well, Jets get those 2 at home. Patriots go to Buffalo day after Christmas, which could be tough spot for young guys.

Sure, going to Pittsburgh tougher than Buffalo. No question. But going to The Ralph isn't easy anymore, just ask ... the Steelers.

as expected during the jet game

Refs missed a pretty blatant pick on that touchdown .... Woodehead flat out blocked the safety out of the play.
Receivers can't block during a passing play when the ball's in the air.

and then even in praise
Nice subtle move by Brady to sidestep Taylor and hit Welker -- That's how he makes his linemen better

Pats put a clown suit on Breer tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey