PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Albert Breer Postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Any one notice how is still insuniating that what BB did with gronk is similar to RG3 situation ? Dont really get it .

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Did go back and watch all of Gronkowski's snaps -- Favoring the arm big-time, didn't extend it blocking, protected it in the open field

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
... That's why I was saying it's analogous to Griffin. Injury situation was obvious. Risk/reward there. And the gamble wound up costing NE.
And Iam not sure I totally get this article either .Whether its praise or a backhanded compliment ?
Tom Brady, New England Patriots seeing patience pay off - NFL.com

He's an ass. He holds something against the Patriots and his coverage pretty much makes it known.

How did it cost us really? If he wasn't back then the situation is the same, we play without him. Is he saying Gronk could have been all better in a week or two? Not bloody likely. If he was out, he was probably out for the st of the year. Is Breer saying a forearm break is the same as a knee which is already surgically repaired? Is this career threatening? Not bloody likely.

Albert Breer, you are a buffoon. Too eager for more trumped up controversy, are we? Screw off.

Breer is an idiot, as usual.

How does this "cost NE big time". Gronk gets injured means no Gronk the rest of the way. Don't play Gronk at all means no Gronk the rest of the way.

The only way it "costs NE big time" is if the re-injury renders the arm super-fragile going forward and/or makes Gronk miss time next season. Unless there's something really bizarre going on in Gronk's arm, there's no way he won't be all healed up by training camp, let alone the start of the season.

Totally not comparable to the RG3 situation, since that kind of injury can make you miss a season or even end a career.

Both players were put on the field with an existing injury that had not yet healed and were seriously re-injured. Won't be popular here, but he has a point.

Both players were put on the field with an existing injury that had not yet healed and were seriously re-injured. Won't be popular here, but he has a point.
I don't think a broken arm is really the same magnitude of seriousness as a torn ACL.

He absolutely has a point. Something was very wrong for that fall to re-break that arm, and someone should probably lose a job over this.

Actually, I think the risk-reward of the two situations is completely different in the sense that he will most certainly be ready for offseason workouts, camp etc. RGIII could miss a substantial part of next season. In Gronk's case, you have to take the chance if the player is willing. The worst that can happen? You lose him for the games that he would miss if you sat him anyway. There should be no down-the-road health implications.

Breer's a douche, half his twitter feed is making fun of fans that point out that hes a clown.

Cue him trumping up some BS during media week if we advance to the SB, the DB left Boston why can't he just stay away and spend time with his good friends Marshall Faulk and Warren Sapp?

He's an ass. He holds something against the Patriots and his coverage pretty much makes it known.
You're spot-on. He is an ass. And he's had a hair across his @$$ for BB and NE for a while now. Local guy originally who went to Ohio State and was somehow transformed from a reasonable, fair guy to a flaming dink.

gronk had what...6-7 weeks since he broke it? I am pretty sure it would have been at least 75%+..good enough in the NFL..just bad luck he landed on it wrong and rebroke it

He absolutely has a point. Something was very wrong for that fall to re-break that arm, and someone should probably lose a job over this.

Or it is a freak thing that he landed on it and it broke again.

And anyone comparing it to RG3 is wrong. Gronk got it broke again and never play another down. RG3 you could clearly see something was wrong but yet he continued to play the rest of the game. Not even close to be the same situation.

Last edited:
Or it is a freak thing that he landed on it and it broke again.

Come on. You've had heavier falls from your bed to the floor.

You're spot-on. He is an ass. And he's had a hair across his @$$ for BB and NE for a while now. Local guy originally who went to Ohio State and was somehow transformed from a reasonable, fair guy to a flaming dink.

That is something I have never understood how/why that happened. At the Herald Breer was basically Mike Reiss with his Pats blog before Reiss started doing the same with the Globe. When he came back from Dallas it was as if he had a 180º turn in his attitude about the Patriots. Did BB or the Pats organization do something to Breer? Was it a conscious decision to report in a more negative manner? Regardless of whether Breer is right or wrong on this subject, when was the last time he had something complimentary to say about the Patriots - when he worked at the Herald?

Last edited:

I agree.

If someone with more credibility and less history of douchebaggery than Albert Breer had asked the question, we wouldn't be shooting the messenger.

The fact is, Rob Gronkowski applied pressure to his arm once, and it broke. How anyone can think the Patriots medical staff did their job right is beyond me. It has nothing to do with Belichick, and that's where Breer gets annoying.

Thomas Gill has served as the team doctor for both the Sox and the Pats, and he's had some controversial mistakes along the way. I hope the Patriots re-assess the medical staff in the offseason.

Do we know that it's broken in the same spot it was before? I have watched that replay many times and the fall was not a big one. Looked to me like he landed on his elbow more than his forearm, too.

EDIT: Watched again, and the fall is braced first with his forearm, then rolls to his elbow. Still not a big, heavy fall and I wouldn't expect it to break an arm. But, that play against IND wouldn't be expected to break his arm, either.

Last edited:
If the Pats go on and win it all I hope theres a camera close to Breer. Because I want to see his head explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back