PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Albert Breer: Pats may look at Edwards, Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
dryheat44 said:
Donnie Edwards makes too much sense not to happen. If there was ever a perfect fit, he's it.

Easy, big fella. I think Edwards might be a good fit, despite his severe size issue, but "if there was ever a perfect fit, he's it????" I admire your gusto - and hope you're correct - but isn't that a bit hyperbolic?

Last edited by a moderator:
patsox23 said:
Easy, big fella. I think Edwards might be a good fit, despite his severe size issue, but "if there was ever a perfect fit, he's it????" I admire your gusto - and hope you're correct - but isn't that a bit hyperbolic?

No. He's a respected veteran 3-4 ILB who has finished in the top 3 in tackles the last two years, and has seven straight over 100. That's exactly what we need. Screw the "we need our linebackers to be 250" theory. If he weighed 175 and had that kind of production he'd be worth a look.

Honestly, I can't think of anybody who'd fit this team, from both a character standpoint and filling a need standpoint better.

dryheat44 said:
No. He's a respected veteran 3-4 ILB who has finished in the top 3 in tackles the last two years, and has seven straight over 100. That's exactly what we need. Screw the "we need our linebackers to be 250" theory. If he weighed 175 and had that kind of production he'd be worth a look.

Honestly, I can't think of anybody who'd fit this team, from both a character standpoint and filling a need standpoint better.

Right on. BB values production on the football field. The guy produces.

Last edited:
PatsWickedPissah said:
Right on. BB values production on the football field. The guy produces.

I don't deny this one bit, or dryheat's point that Edwards, in many ways, is a good fit for the Patriots. I just think "perfect fit" would mean that he's AT ALL size-wise what we look for in an ILB. He's not. He may be a "great fit" or "the best fit" or whatever, but he's not a perfect fit. If he were, I'm sure he'd be at least 245 and 7 years younger. NOT SAYING I wouldn't like to see him brought in, though. You figure, they move Tedy to the run-stuffing role, and put Edwards in Tedy's role.

I'd love to see Edwards come here. However, I wonder if SD is aware of where Edwards winds up if they release him. I'm sure the Chargers are still trying to remove the egg on their collective face from the Rodney Harrison fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes