PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Albert Breer disses Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
it amazes me that some people will so blindy back Kraft and BB...So we passed on Peppers and Boldin bc they were 30? Umm.....David Patten, Junior Seau, Joey Galloway, etc all say hello

Terrible comparison, those guys a paid a little bit more money than patten, seau and galloway

I don't see the diss here either. The Jets advanced to the AFCCG on the road while the Pats got blown out... badly... at home against what was essentially a one armed Ravens team who turned around and were beaten soundly the very next week by the Colts.

And if you're thinking the draft will cure all ills, look no further than Ron Brace, Pat Chung, Brandon Tate, Shawn Crable, Kevin O'Connell, Terrence Wheatley, Tyrone McKenzie, Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney, and Dave Thomas.

You know better than to say that. I agree with the last three names because they've had more than enough time to prove themselves, but not with any of the prior.

I don't know, maybe it's my old age, but I'm not overly concerned here. Perhaps I've got lowered expectations, or perhaps I see the premonitions of doom and gloom for 2010 in the same light as I see the endless strings of mock drafts floating around right now. The only rule in the NFL is that, aside from the Lions and Rams embarrassing themselves, not one person anywhere has a ******* clue what will transpire next season. Time to settle, kick the feet up, and have a glass of wine.

Breer is a 100% spot-on IMO....

If the Pats don't sign Bodden, how well does that secondary fare? How well does the front seven fare without starting-quality OLBs? How well does the team perform with Welker?

Don't be so sure.

Your so right, the draft will not cure this team .. It will be a crap shoot.. The Pats had a chance to fix the offense by getting a playmaker that they were lacking this season, and not that expensive.. Instead they walked away from the deal...

I wont bash them on Peppers, that insane contract he signed with Chicago was not going to cut it.. If they really wanted him , Belichick would had him on a plane to foxboro on thurs night..

Too many holes right now, but like i said 4 months to fix all those holes..

Sometimes, the truth hurts! It's hard to deal with, but it is the truth.

It's an opinion. There's a difference.

It can be an opinion. However, who are the last 4 teams atop the AFC? Jets, Ravens, Colts, and Chargers. They should be mentioned and given this opportunity. The proof is their. It is a fact.

When it comes down to it, the Patriots and any other team are as good as their last game played. The "on paper game" doesn't work in this situation.

You know better than to say that. I agree with the last three names because they've had more than enough time to prove themselves, but not with any of the prior.

Huh? O'Connell's had enough time to prove himself on TWO teams already. If it wasn't for his injury, Crable might already be gone by now. Do you really think Wheatley will be sticking around to be an inactive every week when they could draft another developmental guy?

Look, maybe I was unfair with the 2009 guys, but my point was clear: if you're relying on the draft to fill major holes on the 2010 team, then you'll be sorely disappointed if recent history is any indication.

Last edited:
Unless you are Bill Polian, draft is a crap shoot. But so is FA. Ad Thomas, Galloway, Taylor, Baker. All strike outs.

The best way to build a team, is through draft, and pay them market prices when they become stars. Don't lowball ppl, it does not work and generates ill will.

You got to hold on to proven ppl in your system (Bodden).

Huh? O'Connell's had enough time to prove himself on TWO teams already. If it wasn't for his injury, Crable might already be gone by now. Do you really think Wheatley will be sticking around to be an inactive every week when they could draft another developmental guy?

Look, maybe I was unfair with the 2009 guys, but my point was clear: if you're relying on the draft to fill major holes on the 2010 team, then you'll be sorely disappointed if recent history is any indication.

FA just started and we can still fill our needs with some solid players and through the draft. However, at this point, those 4 teams look solid and should be considered the top 4 teams in the AFC.

Some of you guys are WAAAAAy too sensitive.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The Jets made the AFC championship game while the Pats got blown out at home

The Jets are a better team and are poised to be even better next season. With the Wilfork deal up in the air, Bodden getting noticed by other teams and 0 FA signing the Pats look to be even worse than they were last year.

".........And here's the first pitch of the game.......it's a strike! The home team is going to win!!!!!!"

Breer just tweeted that "The four top teams in the AFC, Jets, Ravens, Colts, Chargers look poised to stay where they are, even if it usually doesn't happen that way. "

Ravens are not one of the top 4 teams in the AFC.
Chargers simply can't win when it matters.
Colts are always near the top.
Jets don't even make the playoffs if the Colts don't lay down.

Sorry but this group of 4 hardly has me, as a Patriot fan, quaking in my boots.
As you're listening to all the Jet hysteria from the mediots in the coming months just remember this Patriot fans:
The Patriots won their division with both Brady and Belichick having "off years" and injuries turning defensive ROY Jerod Mayo into a shell of his former self. I fully expect all 3 gentlemen to return to their old form and I fully expect this Patriot team will do what they always do, win their division and make the playoffs.

I understand your point; my argument is that you generally can't judge a draft until the 3rd year which is the sweet spot for most players. And in the case of O'Connell- there are plenty of examples where journeymen players who bounce around suddenly wake up and start applying themselves, either because they're getting old or are in danger of dropping out of the NFL altogether.

This coming season is Wheatley's 3rd year.. and until he got knocked out, I thought he was really gaining confidence, especially in the Colts game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back