PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Albert Breer disses Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks that in saying 'the four top teams', Breer clearly means the final four standing in the AFC last season, rather than any arbitrary selection of his own?

On that basis, there is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said.

This is just so irritating!!!! I have had confidence in my teams in the past...however I am not blind nor am i naive. It appears the Kraft is unwilling to invest substantial money into this team at this point. Looks like they are trying to rebuild through the draft...SO we'll get excited for the draft then come draft day we'll end up trading out of the 1st round trading a couple of those 2nds for picks next year and end up with a $*$(#*% tight end and Offensive Guard...Great thanks Robert!!!!!!!!!!

The saddest thing about the sky-is-falling crowd is that come the start of the year they'll still 'expect' the Patriots to be a dominant team.

They'll still deride the Jets, and still expect us to beat them.

They've backed themselves into a miserable no-win situation.

The saddest thing about the sky-is-falling crowd is that come the start of the year they'll still 'expect' the Patriots to be a dominant team.

Expectations will be lower than usual if the Pats do not do something to considerably improve a very average and flawed 2009 team.

Am I the only one who thinks that in saying 'the four top teams', Breer clearly means the final four standing in the AFC last season, rather than any arbitrary selection of his own?

Hysteria reigns, my friend. People are reading about 2 words in every sentence right now.

Hysteria reigns, my friend. People are reading about 2 words in every sentence right now.

far from hysteria, but it is what it is

I notice that most homers are steering clear of this thread.....probably moaning on how it should be moved to the PS

There wouldn't be anything wrong if that was what he said, but it wasn't.

Anyway, to say those teams are the best in the AFC this year because they finished in the final four last year is monumentally dumb and just plain wrong. It smacks of Joey Porter last year gettting all wound p because people couldn't decide if the Jets or Pats were the best team in the AFC, and he kept saying the Dolphins won the division last year so they are the best team this year.

Seems that the price of Peppers was too high and the contract is too long.. he is 30 years old.. and got a 6 year contract with the front end loaded.. he has been inconsistent lately.

Boldin is another 30 year old that is signed to a 4 year contract...

Overspending for older players is probably not the way the Pats want to go right now..

Cromartie to the Jets is a good if not great move, but they still have an unproven QB.... so we will see.

There wouldn't be anything wrong if that was what he said, but it wasn't.

Anyway, to say those teams are the best in the AFC this year because they finished in the final four last year is monumentally dumb and just plain wrong. It smacks of Joey Porter last year gettting all wound p because people couldn't decide if the Jets or Pats were the best team in the AFC, and he kept saying the Dolphins won the division last year so they are the best team this year.

Oh please, get a grip. He's said the top four teams in the AFC (not the BEST four, the top four - i.e. the final four from lat season), and he's said they're going to be staying at the top, based on movement so far. He's not saying other teams won't be as good, or even better, he's not saying they'll be the final four again.

Embarrassing how people desperately search for any slight on their team when there really is none.

Seems that the price of Peppers was too high and the contract is too long.. he is 30 years old.. and got a 6 year contract with the front end loaded.. he has been inconsistent lately.

Overspending for older players is probably not the way the Pats want to go right now..

Cromartie to the Jets is a good if not great move, but they still have an unproven QB.... so we will see.

especially since there is a good chance these guys are going to be locked out when they are 31

it amazes me that some people will so blindy back Kraft and BB...So we passed on Peppers and Boldin bc they were 30? Umm.....David Patten, Junior Seau, Joey Galloway, etc all say hello

Several people said that in this thread and no one called them a troll. Because they aren't.

You, however, are a troll, and not even a very good one. You aren't even annoying, just tiresome like a whiny two-year-old little girl who missed her nap.

It was kind of amusing the first time you said the Jets FO was better than the Pats FO, but the next 37 times, not so much.

Welcome to ignore.

Right back at you space crime!!

So once again all of the FA's fall into one or more of the following catagories

1. Too expensive
2. Too old for "long term contracts"
3. Won't fit well in the 3-4 D
4. Not a lockeroom leader
5. Bad character
6. Just plain dumb

So..... I guess the only fit would be Saint Patrick at 22 years old and 6'8 290 pounds running a 4.3 40 and a graduate of MIT.
Hold on ...I heard he picks his nose :rolleyes:

BB will resign a few PATS veterans and go with the draft picks
Another year rebuilding as Brady ages and the lockout of 2011 looms
Nice strategy.

If anyone on this board dared to say something like that the homers accuse us of being trolls.
The PATS FO has struck out big time today

HEHE, trolls reappear

FWIW. The Patriots are the number 4 NFL team according to Las Vegas betting odds at 10-1 to win the Super Bowl. The Jets are 15 - 1.

Las Vegas, and the national betting public at large, have considerably more faith in the New England Patriots than this board does.

Next time I put any faith in what Vegas books are saying in March will be the first. Those lines are out there to bait in stupid money, and the Pats are a popular team to bet on. I wouldn't assign any real predictive significance to it one way or the other.

Not really. Most of us are just acknowledging that, right now, the Jets are probably better than the Pats, and even if you don't agree with that, Breer was just citing the last four teams standing in the playoffs for the AFC. The Pats didn't beat the Ravens, therefore they're not on the list.

Does that mean that the Jets will be a better team than the Pats next time they play each other? Nope, maybe they will be, maybe they won't be. No way to know at this point, with so much still up in the air.

You do know the difference between fact and opinion.

These teams are top finishers and are subject to "final 8" rule. We are not. You are what your record is.That is a fact.

Its a "diss" because the New York Jets are not a better team than the Patriots and they are not poised to be a better team than the Patriots.

First of all, the Pats as it stands are worse off than how they ended the season, which was a blowout home loss, while the Jets made it to the AFC Championship and lost on the road.

The Pats have no tight end, one starting wide receiver, no starting RBs (Jets have two), no starting RG, no starting RE, maybe one starting OLB, no starting RCB, and no punter. The four moves that they're most likely to make/have already made are re-signing Wilfork, Bodden, Faulk, and TBC. All of those players were on the team last year. How good was that team?

And if you're thinking the draft will cure all ills, look no further than Ron Brace, Pat Chung, Brandon Tate, Shawn Crable, Kevin O'Connell, Terrence Wheatley, Tyrone McKenzie, Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney, and Dave Thomas.

Excellent post. You are right. We made some resigns today that could have been made a month ago. I am not buying the coincidence of having announcements of signings of players on the day we strike out in picking up talent. None of these signings made us any better than the very poor excuse of an effort from the team that left the field after the Ravens blew us out. I love to hear the Dreamers say, "Wait until the Draft". Great Cousins! Expect no more than maybe two of those choices by league average to help us out in 2010. Now what?

I am glad these guys were signed but we did not improve. How are we going to do so? I will laugh at the next Cousin that says"the Draft"!

Talk about your Koolaid.

We do not have the talent that we did in 07 or before.
D-Line=Wilfork only. The rest are a C- to D.

Linebacker=Mayo Only. D- for the rest

CBs=Bodden who we are not interested in resigning (he is gone Cousins). The rest are a resounding F.

S=C- and no comment

Specials Teams=Ghost was nothing special. See ya for a second rounder. D for the rest.

O-Line=C

TE=F

RB=C

QB=B

WR=B

How many people call that talent?

I think what really bothered me today was they were working on these signings that could have waited until the beginning of the week, and wasted any effort to make themselves just the tiniest better. Even the lousy Cromartie deal would have been better than "The Patriots are front runners.....opps". O.K. Peppers was a little crazy. But BB got taken to school today by Ozzie on the Boldin trade, Shame on you Bill "DO...YOUR...JOB!" Mr. Belichick, you did not do yours today, nor did your F.O.

O.K. Kookaid kids...dig in.

DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes