Alarming fact: One interception in 4 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Nobody has been talking about the fact that the Patriots still only have one interception in 4 games with that one being the hailmary pass vs. the Jets. Culpepper has stunk but he hasnt tossed THAT many interceptions. When in the world will we see another interception, LOL?

MrTibbs said:
Nobody has been talking about the fact that the Patriots still only have one interception in 4 games with that one being the hailmary pass vs. the Jets. Culpepper has stunk but he hasnt tossed THAT many interceptions. When in the world will we see another interception, LOL?
go back to last seasons totals and you'll become really depressed

we'll get atleast 2 Sunday if Culpepper plays.

MrTibbs said:

Why didn't we get any interceptions last week? Because Palmer was sacked before he could get his passes off. :) I'll take that -- long may it continue!

Guess thats one way of looking at it and the rumor is Harrington to start tomorrow.

There's been a few drops too. Colvin almost had a huge one last week.

jaychamp said:
There's been a few drops too. Colvin almost had a huge one last week.

i thought chad scott was very close aswell on the diving 1. asante almost had 1 against Denver

I'm not worried about that. We controlled a great offense with our secondary and DLine, (mostly). I think interceptions happen. It's like trying to swing for home runs.

If we continue to control offenses, INTs will come in bunches IMO.

I wonder if coaching is part of it. The CB's were playing VERY conservatively last week, and it worked. As long as we're winning.....

Heard Curran talking last week and he felt lack of int's was due to the Pats not having a true shut down corner, a la Ty. He was saying if you have "shut down corner", there is a tendency for the qb to force passes into either that side or the other side where there is usually double coverage, I am not expressing Curran well, but an interesting perspective. IMO it is a nice stat, but does not show up in the W-L column. As long as we win, and we are not loosing the ball a lot does not make much difference in the big scale of things.

MrTibbs said:

I'm not all that bothered about INTs. I'd be more worried if teams were regularly beating us long, as happened in the first half of last year. I'd also be worried if teams were putting together long drives, running at will and killing the clock. That isn't happening. Teams aren't scoring many points on us, so I'd say that the D as a whole is doing its job.

I would just like to eat some crow here. Interceptions are a good thing and I would like to see more of them! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes