Welcome to PatsFans.com

ALARMED (?): al Qaeda camps empty in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patriot_in_NY, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Hopefully it's nothing, but it sounds a little ominous, does it not. This report is from The Fourth Rail, a semi-political site that pretty much just report military issues on WOT. It generally has good information and not overtly political. This info is actually coming across several wires now.

No, this isn't designed to be a fear-monger post, in order to scare the masses, I just found it peculiar and thought I'd post it to hear if any of you had any thoughts?

p.s. As a reminder AQ assassinated Ahmad Shah Massoud, the leader of the Northern Alliance just two days before 9/11, anticipating the Northern Alliance would figure in an anti-Taliban/anti-AQ offensive that was sure to follow.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'll bet AQ and the Taliban is going to begin a campaign to rid the Muslim lands of garbage (as they see it) like Musharrif and the Emirs and Kings of the Arabian Peninsula. If they are serious about getting all Muslims on their side, this would seem a logical step. Too bad our government has, once again, backed the wrong horses in the Global Sweepstakes.

3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

Concern over nukes as al Qaeda camps empty

the US military intelligence community is "urgently assessing how secure Pakistan's nuclear weapons would be in the event President Musharraf is replaced.

I take this to mean how are WE going to secure theses weapons quickly if we have to.

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +486 / 20 / -17

Russia must be relieved that we do all we can to be enemy number 1 to the Muslm world; otherwise, they'd be the ones who would most have to worry about a nuclear attack. At any rate, the world is in a very difficult situation, and the United States certainly doesn't have the answer. Bush's WOT has turned a terrible terrorist act into a war. Why that's good for America is anyone's guess, but we're stuck with it, until some peacemakers come to the table.

5. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

delete me (double post)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  6. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

so important, you offered it twice i guess... i predict nothing will happen in the next two weeks... i also predict in the third or fourth week, the secret police will arrest 12 brown skinned men somewhere in Florida, send them to Gitmo to be erased forever before telling us they saved us all from annihilation.... then, in the fifth week, some fat, bloviating GOP lawmaker will insist the Dems can't protect our children from terrorists...

8. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Of course, because THINKPROGRESS did not tell you as much........

It's okay press, try DU or DailyKos, maybe there is something over there. :rolleyes:

9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

lol... do you think you're getting under my skin by suggesting Progress is all i use?... i read more different sources in an hour than you do all week... oops, .. wait, i forgot... you don't actually read your sources...