PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alan Millstein: Brady's chances of en banc hearing dramatically improved with latest amicus filings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate your respectful disagreement, and I mean that, but your judgement that the Jets played better that day may be accurate, but that has absolutely no bearing on the FG call. In my 50 plus years watching the Patriots that call stands out in my mind as one of the three worst (Raiders roughing the passer in 76 and Gronk's assault by Kuechly in Carolina a couple of years ago are the others) porkings ever.

Agree and I would like to add one.

FIRST DOWN.........OPI

I'll bet I don't even have to reference which game either.

Non-patriots associated rigged games: the entire 2006 playoffs culminated by the squeelers SB LX win over seahags. The dolts were clearly playing 14 on 11 in the game vs squeelers, but even with the help paymeaton couldnt do it. Once squeelers survived the attempted fix, they became the new hot flavor of the month. Never seen a more one-sided called SB before or since. Always thought the SBstage was too big for that, but i was wrong.

I don't think that I, or other Patriot fans to use your verbiage, are "always complains about 'rigged' officiating." I cited 3 screw jobs in 56 years. That's not "always complaining", at least not in my book.
2 of which were from the past 3 years, and you didn't mention all the complaining about the Denver game.

What can I say? I don't like it when Patriots fans start acting like Steelers fans and Raiders fans. I see an awful lot of the same behavior in here that we make fun of when we see it from other fanbases. I refuse to act like that.

OK. I'm confused.

As I read the rule, any judge who is not "senior" may vote on whether to grant the hearing, but if those two particular judges were not senior at the time of the vote and so could vote on whether to grant the hearing but are senior at the time of the hearing, then they would not be eligible to participate in the hearing. Is that right?

Parker is a senior judge. So, as I read the rule, he is not eligible to vote on whether there should be an en banc hearing but, because he was on the original panel, would be eligible to participate in the hearing itself. Is that right?

And, if both of those are right, then I could see how the discussions around this could be foggy and the internal court politics might be a little arcane for Katzmann to sort out. And maybe the fact that this is taking so long might not be all bad for Brady?

And, is it possible that the MCI actually stumbled on something useful for once?
I think you are right.

I didnt realize/forgot that parker was/is Senior. I think That changes the math in a bad way for TB.

Everbody talked about either 11or 13 actives, but if parker was already sr than that means there are 11/13 voting to HEAR en banc, but 12/14 voting on the actual en banc decision. And one (maybe 2) of those 12/14 has already been proven to be a closet jester fan, moron, or in gotohells social roladex.

2 of which were from the past 3 years, and you didn't mention all the complaining about the Denver game.

What can I say? I don't like it when Patriots fans start acting like Steelers fans and Raiders fans. I see an awful lot of the same behavior in here that we make fun of when we see it from other fanbases. I refuse to act like that.
Take your weak-ass complaints to someone who deserves it. I don't.

Take your weak-ass complaints to someone who deserves it. I don't.
Whoa. Looks like the guy who said he appreciated respectful disagreement can't return the favor. No surprise.

I think you are right.

I didnt realize/forgot that parker was/is Senior. I think That changes the math in a bad way for TB.

Everbody talked about either 11or 13 actives, but if parker was already sr than that means there are 11/13 voting to HEAR en banc, but 12/14 voting on the actual en banc decision. And one (maybe 2) of those 12/14 has already been proven to be a closet jester fan, moron, or in gotohells social roladex.
I can't say I'm worried about who would hear the case. I have no doubt whatsoever that if we get the en banc hearing, we will win the en banc hearing. The tough part is before us right now.

Whoa. Looks like the guy who said he appreciated respectful disagreement can't return the favor. No surprise.
I meant it when I wrote it. But, that doesn't mean that my period of respectful disagreement is infinite and not affected by your intransigence on this subject. I referenced 3 instances of what I consider to be outrageously clear sodomy by officials costing us games over a 56 year period. Yet, you continue to suggest that I deserve to be lumped in with this nameless, identified group of whining Patriot fans who are habitual and serial crybabies when it comes to believing we get regularly boned by officials. Please direct your derision toward them (whoever the hell you believe they are) and not me. 'Cause I ain't one of them.

I am one of those rational thinkers (or not) that almost always assumes a conspiracy theory is false just because its a conspiracy theory.

While I fully believe referees are entirely too human and can get caught up in the emotional ups and downs of a game, I would never have thought games were fixed. I mean there is just too much to lose for them to be so stupid right?

But then I watched the 2015 regular season game of Patriot's vs Broncos.

Everybody/Goodell knew how absolutely important the outcome of this game was going to be. I am saddened to say, I do believe the fix was in. Calls on the field were too bad, punitive and over-whelmingly one-sided for me to believe anything else

I am one of those rational thinkers (or not) that almost always assumes a conspiracy theory is false just because its a conspiracy theory.

While I fully believe referees are entirely too human and can get caught up in the emotional ups and downs of a game, I would never have thought games were fixed. I mean there is just too much to lose for them to be so stupid right?

But then I watched the 2015 regular season game of Patriot's vs Broncos.

Everybody/Goodell knew how absolutely important the outcome of this game was going to be. I am saddened to say, I do believe the fix was in. Calls on the field were too bad, punitive and over-whelmingly one-sided for me to believe anything else
Fix ? That gets a no from me. Knowing the "appropriate" calls would make your bosses happy without explicitly being told ? Not a doubt in the world for me.

I respect your principled stand. Given the nature of all NFL Fandom the spot you're staking out is likely to be a lonely one.....but I do respect it :)

I respect your principled stand. Given the nature of all NFL Fandom the spot you're staking out is likely to be a lonely one.....but I do respect it :)
Well said, and I can't help notice that the collective NFL fandom who believes in fixes never says it is fixed when their team wins.

It is tough to say the league officiating is fixed against the Patriots given that they, you know, won the Super Bowl 2 years ago. I notice no one in here is claiming the fix was in that year. "If we lose, it's fixed! If we win, well then it's on the up-and-up....."

Now if you wanted to tell me the officials were fixing things so that Detroit would lose, well there you have a point. That game against Dallas was atrocious.

I meant it when I wrote it. But, that doesn't mean that my period of respectful disagreement is infinite and not affected by your intransigence on this subject. I referenced 3 instances of what I consider to be outrageously clear sodomy by officials costing us games over a 56 year period. Yet, you continue to suggest that I deserve to be lumped in with this nameless, identified group of whining Patriot fans who are habitual and serial crybabies when it comes to believing we get regularly boned by officials. Please direct your derision toward them (whoever the hell you believe they are) and not me. 'Cause I ain't one of them.
LOL, be prepared for his non-respectful disagreements in the future. From now own, every criticism you make of the NFL, the wealthy or political points he disagrees with will be construed as "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". The supreem irony of the one who categorizes most everyone elses' criticisms as "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" now be upon you.

I agree with the thought that the regular season game at DEN was beyond screwed, but it also took some bad play from our squad to get to where it was.

Harper's muff gets a big slice of the pie, at least for me.

I agree with the thought that the regular season game at DEN was beyond screwed, but it also took some bad play from our squad to get to where it was.

Harper's muff gets a big slice of the pie, at least for me.

Exactly, I believe the NFL reached the point of disonesty (given the totally fabricated deflategate) that a fix here and there will become more frequent and we have seen how they control the media and dictate the thought of the average fan. Also, like in many industries, there is a backstage, and in this case, more and more controlled by the NYFL. Teams get screwed? you won't see many players throwing the **** in the fan, it is what it is. It's not NBA level yet, but under Goodell its getting there fast.

Too bad players are not united like they used to be, this situation deserves a strike.

BUUUUUUUT, I agree, the Broncos game is and is not a good example of a game fixed.

Seriously? You're using the Bronco's game as an example of conspiracy? We sucked that day, we were lucky to even have a shot at the end. Face it, the Bronco's D were on point that day and we had no answer for them. Perhaps if our starting OL wasn't in the hospital, we'd have won easily. There's no conspiracy there.

The only time I can ever think that perhaps just maybe, maybe... the NFL tried to make things go their way was during the Steelers/Seahawks SB. The penalities were so lopsided and at the worst possible times for the Seahawks. You couldn't help but wonder if wasn't all planned ahead of time to let the fat ass Bus go out on a high note.

Seriously? You're using the Bronco's game as an example of conspiracy? We sucked that day, we were lucky to even have a shot at the end. Face it, the Bronco's D were on point that day and we had no answer for them. Perhaps if our starting OL wasn't in the hospital, we'd have won easily. There's no conspiracy there.

The only time I can ever think that perhaps just maybe, maybe... the NFL tried to make things go their way was during the Steelers/Seahawks SB. The penalities were so lopsided and at the worst possible times for the Seahawks. You couldn't help but wonder if wasn't all planned ahead of time to let the fat ass Bus go out on a high note.
The thing about that game is what is the motivation for fixing it? Why does the league care or profit from Bettis going out on a high note? I can actually understand the logic of getting him to a Super Bowl because his storyline would theoretically help generate ratings.... but once he made it to the Super Bowl, there's no profit to be made in the difference between him winning or losing....

The thing about that game is what is the motivation for fixing it? Why does the league care or profit from Bettis going out on a high note? I can actually understand the logic of getting him to a Super Bowl because his storyline would theoretically help generate ratings.... but once he made it to the Super Bowl, there's no profit to be made in the difference between him winning or losing....
You've posted some funny **** in the past, but this is beyond hysterical. Thanks for sharing. :)

You've posted some funny **** in the past, but this is beyond hysterical. Thanks for sharing. :)
And you've posted some ******ed **** in the past, and have done nothing to indicate an ability to reverse that trend.

Thanks for sharing.

I know of a Patriot game that was a fix...the ref who fixed it bragged about it and his hatred for the northeast in an interview nearly 20 years later. I posted the link to his interview right here at Pats fans the last time this "pure as the driven snow!!!" bullshyt was being rammed down our throats by SB39. The same SB39 in love with every decision Roger Goodell has ever made.

That ref was Ben Dreith. In an interview on the Dennis &Callahan Show in 2002 he ADMITTED that he screwed the Pats and reiterated he would have done it again. When asked about his relationship with Al Davis, Dreith unabashedly replied "Al and I are close personal friends and have been for forty years".

So yeah...uh...WUT?

I know of a Patriot game that was a fix...the ref who fixed it bragged about it and his hatred for the northeast in an interview nearly 20 years later. I posted the link to his interview right here at Pats fans the last time this "pure as the driven snow!!!" bullshyt was being rammed down our throats by SB39. The same SB39 in love with every decision Roger Goodell has ever made.

That ref was Ben Dreith. In an interview on the Dennis &Callahan Show in 2002 he ADMITTED that he screwed the Pats and reiterated he would have done it again. When asked about his relationship with Al Davis, Dreith unabashedly replied "Al and I are close personal friends and have been for forty years".

So yeah...uh...WUT?
If you're talking about what happened 40 years ago, then you may indeed have a point. So please be aware that what I am talking about is the NFL here and now as a multi-billion dollar organization, not the 70's when they were a distant 2nd to baseball as the nation's pastime.

I do not believe the on-field officiating is rigged in any way in the present day NFL (I am not talking about the corrupt front office which is another story). I believe all 4 of our Super Bowl Championships are 100% legit. Why this belief makes so many people so angry is a mystery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back