PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alan Branch impact on DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Browner was inserted into the starting defense, NE has held four teams averaging 25ppg to 18.3.
This D is different with Browner. No question.

And yet there are still people arguing that he should be cut in the offseason as a cap casualty.

His cap numbers of $4.7m in 2015 and 2016 are sizable. They can cut him w/o taking a cap hit so his deal is pretty team friendly.

From my view, with the level of physicality he brings to the defense he is worth every penny. I think if he starts to drop off or gets injured, then you might want to tweak the deal.

Not only run defense, but he's been pushing the pocket in passing situations very well. Dude collapsed the hell out of it yesterday. Very impressed. Seems like all our in season signings and our FA signings are having major impacts. Kudos to BB.
i noticed that too, i made the same comment on him collapsing the pocket during yesterdays game day thread. But i also notice most this occurred in the first half, hes still working on getting in game shape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back