PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alan Branch and JaMarcus Russell - Too fat to play in this league at thier position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Alan Branch and JaMarcus Russell - Too fat to play in this league at thier posit

The fact is that he is too heavy for QB he is gonna balloon out. He was 288 for games during this season (I haven't got the link for this)

Re: Alan Branch and JaMarcus Russell - Too fat to play in this league at thier posit

That was his listed weight, not his actual weight.

i know that..

The fact is that he is too heavy for QB he is gonna balloon out. He was 288 for games during this season (I haven't got the link for this)

It is your assumption that his is going to "balloon". However, if he was down to 256 for his Pro-Day, its unlikely he will balloon. Also, with the investment that a team is going to make in him, its likely that he'll be on a strict regimen and that they will be teaching him how to eat properly.

ok.

Alan Branch and JaMarcus Russell - Too fat to play in this league at thier position.

Yes Russell is to heavy for a QB in the NFL. He loses mobility once he passes 260lbs. He has be above 260 for numerous games in his college career. if he does not have a good OL in front of him he will get into alot of trouble. for todays game you have to be quick in the pocket.

ok.

Alan Branch and JaMarcus Russell - Too fat to play in this league at thier position.

Yes Russell is to heavy for a QB in the NFL. He loses mobility once he passes 260lbs. He has be above 260 for numerous games in his college career. if he does not have a good OL in front of him he will get into alot of trouble. for todays game you have to be quick in the pocket.

okay so a 256 lb QB..runs a 4.8 and has mobility if u watch him. Hes not a running QB..he looks to pass. He can scramble though..like McNabb last few years..he stopped running and started passing strictly. Only time he ran is when he had to. Thats how Russell is. Even if he weighted 350 lbs..id still say hes mobile because if u watched him..you can tell he escapes pressure and is tough to bring down

your weight doesnt determine your quickness. Maroney at 217-225 is quicker than Hobbs whos 190

Last edited:

ok.

It was proven time after time in this thread you have no idea what you are talking about. Just give up.

Sucks for the guy who keeps saying 300 pounds with nothing to back it up except words doesn't it.

I don't need to back anything up,If you listen to NFL Sirius Radio on last thursday,the guys were saying on how JaMarcus is heading for 300lbs if he does not do something about that and has steadily gained weight during the offseason and on his way to that mark if he cannot control it,although I hear he has dropped at bit more like up and down on the weight scale...They would seem to know whats going on here,now would'nt they?.

I am sure they know more than anyone on here can,Including anything any of you know or read in the paper.

Try listening when they talk about Russell and then let me hear differently if this statement is false,If any of you know more about these draft players than Kirwin and Brandt ect: please enlighten us, - maybe you should also apply at Sirius for the job,They pay well.

Last edited:

I don't need to back anything up,If you listen to NFL Sirius Radio on last thursday,the guys were saying on how JaMarcus is heading for 300lbs and has steadily gained weight during the offseason and on his way to that mark if he cannot control it...They would seem to know whats going on here,now would'nt they?.

I am sure they know more than anyone on here can,Including anything you know or read in the paper.

Yes, I am sure they all weigh JaMarcus daily. The whole first round projection JaMarcus has, is the entire nfl scouting core making a huge mistake. I suggest you call them and let them know about there blunder.

Last edited:

Honestly, has anyone ever heard of JaMarcus Russell before the Sugar Bowl against Notre Dame? I sure as hell didn't know about him. In fact, I had never heard of Tim Couch or Alex Smith before draft time and they ended up being picked first. QB's are glorified way too much and teams tend to reach in order to fill a need. On the other hand, the Patriots were extremely lucky finding Tom Brady when they did. My point is, JaMarcus Russell will probably be a bust along with Brady Quinn because teams get desperate and reach for a QB because it fills a glaring need.

Yes, I am sure they all weigh JaMarcus daily. The whole first round projection JaMarcus has, is the entire nfl scouting core making a huge mistake. I suggest you call them and let them know about there blunder.

To tell you the truth I don't care if JaMarcus is bigger than the fat lady at the circus or skinnier than a ethiopian - He IS not,WILL not,Nor ever be a member of the Patriots or a QB here.

Last time I looked Brady is fine weight-wise thats all that really matters here,He can't get fat or the side job modeling career will end:D .

If you ask me IMO this entire QB squad is the weakest most pathetic draft for a QB I have seen in a LONG time.

I would be in no way surprised if a guy like Jared Zabransky or Drew Stanton has a better career than any of the guys ahead of either of them - QB in this draft is a HUGE crap shoot. - Crap is the word IMO.

God I am happy we don't have a really bad need there,Although if we pick up Zabransky in round 6 or maybe 7,where he is expected to go,It may be a decent pick for the future if Cassell says bye-bye next year.

To tell you the truth I don't care if JaMarcus is bigger than the fat lady at the circus or skinnier than a ethiopian - He IS not,WILL not,Nor ever be a member of the Patriots or a QB here.

Last time I looked Brady is fine weight-wise thats all that really matters here,He can't get fat or the side job modeling career will end:D .

He could do adds for big and tall if he gets :eek: ;)

What's the big deal about Russel's weight?
Can he move inside the pocket? That's all that matters if you want to win...that and assembling a very good O-line. His size will help him absorb hits and make him harder to take down, if anything. Knowing how long to hold the ball and when to throw it is the key in this league IMOP When's the last time a "mobile" quarterback won the SB? Who'd you rather have, Michael Vick or Tom Brady?

What's the big deal about Russel's weight?
Can he move inside the pocket? That's all that matters if you want to win...that and assembling a very good O-line. His size will help him absorb hits and make him harder to take down, if anything. Knowing how long to hold the ball and when to throw it is the key in this league IMOP When's the last time a "mobile" quarterback won the SB? Who'd you rather have, Michael Vick or Tom Brady?

To compare the 2 time SB MVP to a guy that has not even played an NFL Regular season down is downright stupid,not to add the fact that Tom is about 50lbs lighter than Russell and last time I looked,he made some nice running moves on the best LB in football in Urlacher and has had some nice runs last year in general,Tom is not an immobile Patriots QB - Bledsoe was.

How Russell performs against a standard NFL blitz will remain to be seen.

Heres the bottom line IMO....

If you are going to be a huge successful QB in this league you must have ALL 6 of these things....

1) A solid arm with some power behind the throw,yet be accurate at the same time.
2) Able to read coverages and understand audibles.
3) Able to stand in the pocket and have the presence of pressure felt around you.
4) Able to be mobile just enough to get away from the blitz or inside gap closing around you.
5) Being able to get in synch with your receivers
6) AND PLAYING AT A WEIGHT WHICH WILL NOT HINDER #4 ABOVE WHICH MEANS USUALLY PLAYING BETWEEN 220-240 LBS

All I can say is if Russell is 280 or more when the season begins he will get simply killed before the season is over,Especially with an offensive line like the Raiders,the worst in the league.

Russell may want to check out nutrisystem program,he still has time before September rolls around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back