PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alamo: 'predict the score contest' also for 2006 season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Alamo, will we play also this year ?

i liked it last season

thanks

Yes! I would like to defend my last place finish.

No, no, we MUST play again this year, I was breathing down Bill B's neck last year and I plan on catching him this year. But, now that you mentioned it, I haven't seen Alamo around in a long time.

Yup.. Last Activity: 01-18-2006. Damnit if he doesn't come back we'll need someone to take over. Alamo did an excellent job with it last year, who's good with spreadsheets?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
No, no, we MUST play again this year, I was breathing down Bill B's neck last year and I plan on catching him this year. But, now that you mentioned it, I haven't seen Alamo around in a long time.

Yup.. Last Activity: 01-18-2006. Damnit if he doesn't come back we'll need someone to take over. Alamo did an excellent job with it last year, who's good with spreadsheets?

bump, I missed the first few weeks last year so i got left out on the title chase but was very interesting...anyone?

Alamos been MIA for months. With the amount of new members here, it would probably be very time consumming to run one of those contests this year. Having lost to Shakadave buy only a few points, I'd love to get my revenge! ;)

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Alamo did an excellent job with it last year, who's good with spreadsheets?

I'm okay with them, and would like to be able to give something back to this site...but I'm not clear what's involved (have never been in this specific type of contest).

nhpatsfan said:
I'm okay with them, and would like to be able to give something back to this site...but I'm not clear what's involved (have never been in this specific type of contest).
A typical week starts with a post like this, seeking everyone's predictions (comentary and discussion discouraged to make it easier to gather the data for the score keeper) :
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=28115&highlight=predict+score

Then the results are tabluated for that week, AND cumulative throughout the season. As in here: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=28414&highlight=predict+score

The total cumulative only has to be taken care of for people that are in from Week 1... and usually a few drop off every week, taking them out of the total competition, so the number of people you have to keep track of for the season standings gets smaller and smaller as the season goes on.

Yes - Alamo is not here since January

let's hope he will be back this coming week

last year he made a very good job for many of us

i made a good championship too

I will volunteer to get something together if no one else will do it.

I just don't want to spend the time if someone else is going to do it.

T-ShirtDynasty said:

I'm good at speading sheets. Not so good at spreadsheets.

It Lives

Yes, I ran into some problems in late January and completely abandoned things including here.

But now it's a new season, and I am back. I wasn't actually 100% certain about running the contest again -- it's a lot of work -- but this thread has convinced me. I'll post a contest thread later today or tomorrow. Stay tuned... :D

Damn, I'm glad you're back. I've been tweaking spreadsheet formulas, trying to see if I could make this thing work. I didn't play last year, but I'll be watching for your post. Thanks, guy!

alamo said:
Yes, I ran into some problems in late January and completely abandoned things including here.

But now it's a new season, and I am back. I wasn't actually 100% certain about running the contest again -- it's a lot of work -- but this thread has convinced me. I'll post a contest thread later today or tomorrow. Stay tuned... :D

wellcome back Alamo !

ciao

ps = we loved yr game as you noted...

Re: It Lives

alamo said:

Good to see you back alamo! Looking forward to your PTS game!:singing:

Re: It Lives

Woooohooooo, welcome back Alamo!

Thanks for stepping up JR4 and nhpatsfan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots