Welcome to PatsFans.com

Alabama teacher uses a hypothetical assassination of Obama in lesson on ‘angles’

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, May 18, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Think Progress Alabama teacher uses a hypothetical assassination of Obama in lesson on ‘angles’ and ‘parallel lines.’

The teacher was apparently teaching his geometry students about parallel lines and angles, officials said. He used the example of where to stand and aim if shooting Obama.

“He was talking about angles and said, ‘If you’re in this building, you would need to take this angle to shoot the president,’ ” said Joseph Brown, a senior in the geometry class.

Douchebags teaching geometry in Alabama? Should really help with the graduation rate of that state.

Great Job!
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Were you this indignant when someone made a movie depicting the assassination of George Bush? Or do you apply your outrage selectively?
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Not surprising that you can't see the differences between "Entertainment" and "Education"

I certainly would be outraged if they were showing the fake doc fom the UK depicting the assasination of Bush as an historical documentary in our schools, for sure.

but that never happened, so the derail is a mute point.
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh, I see the differences plain and clear. One depicts the assassination of a Republican, so that's OK. The other involves the assassination of a Democrat, so that's eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

I think the teacher is a dumbass, but this story doesn't even remotely deserve the attention it has received.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Obviously you skipped "Logic" class. And took extra credit in "Everything is partisan!!!".

If this story is so 'dumbass', and doesn't deserve attention, STAY THE FLUNK OUT OF THE THREAD!!!!

NOT commenting on things speaks volumes sometimes. But thats a class for another day, I guess. Baby steps.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Obviously you skipped "reading comprehension" class. I didn't say the story is "dumbass" as you quote me as having said. I said the teacher is a dumbass. And just because I don't think this story doesn't deserve national headlines, there is no logical reason why I cannot offer my 2 cents on a boring Tuesday afternoon.

You would do much better if you actually learned how to read. Good luck! :rocker: :rocker:
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

So they STORY is good, yet the teacher is a "dumbass" in your opinion, and you think this story shouldn't be receiving any attention, yet you have given the thread ... lets see ...

3 replies thus far???? classic.

You've said what you needed to say in 3 different ways about a subject that is meaningless in your mind. Derailed the thread (again) Great. NOBODY CARES.

Who wants to bet that this isnt the last of Wolf's "2 cents" about something that he has stated he thinks doesnt deserve attention, but is partisan, and unfair to conservatives?

one thing is for sure....

YOU LOVE ATTENTION.
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

9. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

entertainment....

education....

maybe its the FOX in peeps that has blured the line between the two for some....Maybe its tough for some to tell the difference anymore...

Satire...vs...School

(BTW, a similar skit was done by "The State" Back in the 90s)
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Geometry can be kind of theoretical, no harm in showing a practical use for it to keep the kids interested.

Oh, wait, then we're stuck with Biden as President :(
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

At the very least, the teacher should be suspended. Of all the choices that the teacher had to explain his geometry lesson, he chooses an assassination of the POTUS.............
    If he was so determined to use an example that would catch the student's attention, he could have done a little homework and used the assassination of JFK which would have given him his angles, and a little history to boot. What is also amazing, is that the first response doesn't admonish the teacher. Simply amazing.
  13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -11

The teacher should lose his/her job, not acceptable.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

HA!

Now you know why the "You liberals all wished for W's death" argument holds no water...

Cheney as the POTUS? No thanks.

(Then again we all know who REALLY ran the country back then)
  15. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +537 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

Things that make you go hmmm ... like wtf was the teacher thinking.
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +537 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

Yup ... and the Houston we have a problem.
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, like I said. Reading comprehension, pal. Look into it.
    And you keep responding to every post of mine, so what does that say about you? :rofl: :rofl:
  18. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1

#15 Jersey

At the very least, the teacher should be suspended. Of all the choices that the teacher had to explain his geometry lesson, he chooses an assassination of the POTUS.............
    If he was so determined to use an example that would catch the student's attention, he could have done a little homework and used the assassination of JFK which would have given him his angles, and a little history to boot. What is also amazing, is that the first response doesn't admonish the teacher. Simply amazing.