PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alabama punches its ticket to the Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clemson already starting to pull away from Va Tech.

Austin Appleby is trash. Without his interceptions, we only would have lost 40-16. I really hope the Gators keep McElwain on a short leash next year if they lose multiple games again. I'm very tired of his "aw shucks" attitude and his yellow ****ing teeth. That said, Felipe Franks was the highest sought after QB in the nation coming out of high school and has looked promising from what I've read in his freshmen year at Florida so the future at the position seems bright.

They really need to have 8 teams in the play offs. 4 just isn't enough.

I like seeing greatness. Why is "parity" worth anything? If a team can be that dedicated and hardworking year after year, then they deserve everything that they win.

LOL, dedicated and hardworking? They just have the best players every year. Congrats on recruiting, I guess. Same with Uconn women basketball.

LOL, dedicated and hardworking? They just have the best players every year. Congrats on recruiting, I guess. Same with Uconn women basketball.

Alabama’s defense is a lot more complex than some NFL teams. Talented without a doubt but also very smart.

The sec is garbage this year. Floridas offense is embarrassing

I would put michigan in although i don't like the guy coaching the team.
I like him way better than his brother. I don't love the guy but can't deny that he's a damn good coach. Really got screwed out in SF.

Austin Appleby is trash. Without his interceptions, we only would have lost 40-16. I really hope the Gators keep McElwain on a short leash next year if they lose multiple games again. I'm very tired of his "aw shucks" attitude and his yellow ****ing teeth. That said, Felipe Franks was the highest sought after QB in the nation coming out of high school and has looked promising from what I've read in his freshmen year at Florida so the future at the position seems bright.

Are you a gators fan? Those corners are really good. At least you guys have sniffed a conference championship game. I am a canes fan and we haven't even been in an acc championship game.

Yes, that's all it takes:
  1. accumulate talent
  2. ????
  3. profit
Sorry, but that's a bit simplistic. How often do all the 5-star recruits pan out? Many well-recruited players fail; many others succeed. How many Alabama players go on to bust in the NFL? Quite a few. Even though a number of the others perform well, drafting a Bama player is not a surefire way to improve an NFL team, yet here they are again, on the verge of another championship. They're talented over there, yes, but so are dozens of other teams. At some point, when success is maintained for so many years (or when it follows coaching staffs), you have to admit that there's an excellent scheme and buy-in from the players. That requires hard work.

Or to put it another way: "We're building a team, not collecting talent" - Bill Belichick

Are you a gators fan? Those corners are really good. At least you guys have sniffed a conference championship game. I am a canes fan and we haven't even been in an acc championship game.
Yep. Been one my whole life. The Canes are on their way back up but you all will never win the big game with Richt as your head coach.

Yep. Been one my whole life. The Canes are on their way back up but you all will never win the big game with Richt as your head coach.

Have lost the last 7 meetings with FSU. Kaaya has been very dissapointing at times. I never liked richt. I rather have butch davis

Saban runs the Tide as if it were an NFL team. His scheme and language is actually very close to what Belichick installed at New England. It's one of the reasons that Alabama players usually catch on pretty uick with the Patriots.

Yes, there are adjustment issues as we've seen with Cyrus Jones, but after a stint in the dog house, he seems to be a better player. Like all rookies, you can't judge him by the first year.

But I am happy to see Alabama back in the finals again. Other teams could be as good, but as noted above Saban gets his players to buy into the system and that, combined with top-tier coaching and recruiting, gives you along-term contender, just as it does with new England in the NFL.

And don't forget that the Tide won the SEC championship, and went undefeated, with a true frieshman at QB. That bodes well for his and their future.

Saban runs the Tide as if it were an NFL team. His scheme and language is actually very close to what Belichick installed at New England. It's one of the reasons that Alabama players usually catch on pretty uick with the Patriots.

Yes, there are adjustment issues as we've seen with Cyrus Jones, but after a stint in the dog house, he seems to be a better player. Like all rookies, you can't judge him by the first year.

But I am happy to see Alabama back in the finals again. Other teams could be as good, but as noted above Saban gets his players to buy into the system and that, combined with top-tier coaching and recruiting, gives you along-term contender, just as it does with new England in the NFL.

And don't forget that the Tide won the SEC championship, and went undefeated, with a true frieshman at QB. That bodes well for his and their future.

Well grabbing the top talent helps as well. Top recruiting class in 2017. He's getting top talent from florida. These guys used to stay home.

Alabama and New England are extremely similar.

You'll have at 3 1st rounders on defense next year too. Minkah will be a top 5 db.

I love Humphrey a lot. I see a cross between 1 current and former Raven. Jimmy Smith and Chris McAlister. Hes a playmaker, great speed and coverage ability but has to clean up a few things. Is a missile blowing up screens and bubbles.

Agreed :(

Bama wasn't anything special today, were a dumpster fire with half of the defense injured. Appleby and Special Teams just expedited the loss.

So why won't penn state be in the playoffs? Because of two losses?

Clemson is overrated. I'll take two Big 10 teams over the top ACC team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back