Welcome to PatsFans.com

Al Qaeda!!!!Al Qaeda!!!!Al Qaeda!!!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I thought we were fighting them in Iraq so that we wouldn't have to fight them here?

I thought we were smoking them out of their holes?

I thought that Bushie was making us safer, by taking the fight to them....

now this?
    ===================================================
    Report: Al Qaeda renewing efforts to sneak terror plotters into U.S.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/12/terror.threat.ap/index.html
    ===================================================

This administration has cried wolf far too often for this to be true, BEWARE of a terrorist attack, soon!...This administration feels it needs to finish its plan...the blame will be placed on Iran...and then WAR.

I hope all you Bush backers are frickin happy with your blind support for this man. I hope all you pu$$y democratic congress people with no spine are happy with the fact that you let these people pi$$ all over the constitution on their way to starting a 3rd world war by choice and declaring Bush the unitary exec....never having the BALLZ to do your duty.

There are 2 ways to read these leaks/reports/bull$h!t

1. Al Quaeda has penetrated the United States and is poised to attack us again. If true, this administration has BS'd you for 6 years now about Iraq, Osama, and WMDs. They have not made you 'safer', and infact have pretty much sat on their butts getting weathier, while they let Al Quaeda get stronger.

2. They are 'priming the public' for a coordinated attack, but that attack is homegrown, and well thought out with patsies and an attack plan for the army that is already in place. This plan has been documented (A Clean Break).

either way, this whole thing is starting to STINK.

Am I the only one who can see this, am I the only one who can see what has happend since 9-11, and where this war is headed? Are you fools just gunna laugh it off and call me a "Reynolds Wrap Cap wearing moonbat?"

sniff....sniff...

its coffee
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

The administration HAS bull sh1tted us for six years. This could also be a diversion from the war,the AG scandal,Scotter Libby, executive power battle ah lets see,Immigration,Vitter. Realy there are so many things that could be named I'm going to stop,but I think this gets the crux of my point across.
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

People like you just amaze me... You actually hate George Bush more than you hate al Qaeda... you know al Qaeda, right...? The terrorists who want to kill you, your family, your countrymen...? You're actually gloating over the fact that we are having a hard time eliminating them. You would rather see Bush fail than succeed.

People like you honestly believe that al Qaeda will leave good liberals like you alone... after all, you oppose the war on terror, you oppose George Bush... but here's a newsflash: They didn't let the liberals off the planes or out of the buildings in September 11th.
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

The way you paint liberals and their views, clouds your perception of what is really going on here and the hypocrisy of this administration.
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

From his 7/12 Press conference, still connecting the dots between Iraq and Al Queda, even though over and over and over and over again there was no link until our invasion...some quotes... he must think we are just a bunch of dumbf..cks.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070712-5.html

"The same folks that are bombing innocent people in Iraq are the ones who attacked us on Sept. 11,"

PRESIDENT BUSH: Al Qaeda in Iraq has sworn allegiance to Osama bin Laden. And, you know, the guys who perpetuated the attacks on America, obviously the guys on the airplane are dead, and the commanders -- many of those are either dead or in captivity, like Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

But the people in Iraq -- al Qaeda in Iraq has sworn allegiance to Osama bin Laden. And we need to take al Qaeda in Iraq seriously, just like we need to take al Qaeda anywhere in the world seriously.
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

Well according to this CIA analyst who studied Iraq for much of he 20 years at CIA there was a connection between Iraq and Al Queda.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/29/AR2007062901947.html

The Iraqi's also documented their contacts with AL Queda.

http://www.iraqdocs.blogspot.com/
    So it makes sense the President would try to dispell the lies told by anti American leftist.
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The reason we're not succeeding with AQ is because liberals aren't on the bus, they're with the terrorists. It has nothing to do with an irrelevant, destructive, distracting war in a place with no substantial ties to our number one enemy.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

I've been telling everybody since I came on here that they were going to hit us again, the smelly bastards are holed up in Mosques all over this country, "waiting" whenever a neo con like me says what you have posted I am considered a "Racist", we aren't fighting an army with generals we are at war with a GANG, a gang of murdering religious scum race of f-cking savages, they are all over this world and they are right here in this country.
    Those dirty democrat bastards that want to be president should be telling us what they plan on doing about the swine that are going to bomb us instead of having a debate about sex, why anybody would go to the polls in a time of war and vote for an Obama a Hillary or a handsome piece of lawyer sh!t like Edwards boggles my stupid mind.

THE MUSLIMS ARE COMING AND YOU ALL BETTER WELL F-CKING BELIEVE IT, WHAT ARE YOUR POLITICALLY CORRECT DIVERSITY HAPPY LOONEY DEMOCRAT JERKS GOING TO DO ABOUT IT, DO YOU THINK THEY WILL TELL US BEFORE THE MUSLIMS BLOW CHICAGO OFF THE MAP.
    :bricks:
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

There is a difference between contacts and support, rather than presence in Iraq... over and over again we have heard of the axis of evil and the link between 9-11 and Iraq has pretty much been debunked. There will be every effort to demonize any opposition group in Iraq as Al Queda.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

You might also want to check out this link by another expert:

http://smallwarsjournal.com/blog/2007/07/al-qaeda-in-iraq-heroes-boogey/

Al Qaeda in Iraq – Heroes, Boogeymen or Puppets?

Four years on in Iraq, the White House still portrays the war as a life and death struggle between the forces of good, the US led Multi-national forces, and the forces of evil, Al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI).
    With the advent of the new “surge” strategy, the media ledes have been triumphing the numerous coalition “anti-Al Qaeda” operations in Anbar province including the areas of Karmah, Baqubah and the Sunni neighborhoods of Baghdad. These operations have the intent to secure Baghdad and other major urban areas from insurgent terrorism. The strategy writ simple is to deny the insurgents an urban sanctuary and killing ground as well as to secure the Iraqi population from their sectarian attacks through a series of wide-area operations. But are we fighting the right enemy?

A better question is whom are we fighting? The response heard most often is that we are fighting Al Qaeda in Iraq. In May 2007 the President declared “Al Qaeda is public enemy number one in Iraq.” The consensus opinion, from the Pentagon to the PFC, is that America is waging a desperate fight against Al Qaeda both in and out of Iraq and it will directly determine the national security on the streets of Europe and America. Additionally, for four years Abu Mussab Zarqawi, AQI’s first leader, was portrayed as the commander of the insurgency. It was an easily consumable media narrative so effective that even the Iraqis believed it until his death.

There is no question that Al Qaeda is a real threat but are they the main threat? Has AQI has been catapulted to the top of the insurgency by virtue of the fact that they carry out the most dramatic and sectarian attacks or hard intelligence? In fact, listening to Washington one would think that the coalition forces are pretty much fighting “All AQI. All the Time.” As with most things in Mesopotamia, this is not nearly so clear cut. The answer may or may not surprise you.

When I completed my most recent book “The Terrorists of Iraq: Inside the Strategy and Tactics of the Iraq Insurgency” many of my warfighting peers, both in and out of Iraq, insisted AQI was commanding the insurgency. When asked what gave them this impression they insisted that AQI was by far the smartest, most capable of the insurgent groups due to their car bomb (SVBIED) attacks. They argued that AQI had fostered a virulent, militant form of Islam among the formerly secular Sunni Iraqis. Some also point out that the formation of the Islamic State (Emirate) of Iraq and attempts to enforce Islamic law (Shari’a) on the population was the strategic error that pushed the Iraqi tribes of Anbar province into the arms of the coalition. In short: AQI was bad. Very bad. Having survived an AQI suicide bombing, I knew this to be true but does stopping the spectacular nature of their tactical weapons selection override the strategic mission to secure Iraq from all insurgents. In some minds, it had.
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

Well in the post I responded to You used the phrase no link, you didn't refer to support or contact.

It is public record that Saddam was paying $25,000 to the families of suicide bombers in Israel. So that support for terrorist (not Al Queda ) is very open and public. If you look through the Iraqi document translations linked above you see proposals for joint operations and plans for attacks against America.
    As pointed out by the CIA analyst it certainly it wasn't in Saddams interest
    to publicize any contacts and any activities between Saddam and Al Queda.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -3

Well the author talks about AQI and not other groups. Certainly Sadr is acking as an agent for the mullahs in Iran also.

In Zawahiri's latest tape he identifies Iraq as the main battleground for Al Queda in fighting the US. Perhaps he is looking at our media and positioning Al Queda to take credit for the victory if the dems and RINO's are successful with their surrender strategy.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Idiots that think like that....that believe that this is a LIBERAL vs. CONSERVATIVE issue, are clouding the real debate here. You are the ones who nit-pick BULL$hiz...

its such a silly stance that you take on this. EVERYONE KNOWS we were lied into this war, denial of that fact makes you a neoconservative hack. You back an ideology, not the constitution and not the country.

YOU are the problem. Wake up, and get real. I'm not a liberlal, I'm not a conservative. Framing this issue as such really gets us nowhere.