PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Al Jefferson As a Competant Center

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I can't help thinking that with the recent post play of Jefferson Ainge is seeing a situation verysimilar to what he experienced with the Celtics of the 80's.

Back then Parrish would start at center...Walton did great for a few years here but much more effective was when McHale slid over to Center giving Parrish a rest on the bench.

K.C. Jones would then go with Wedman, ML Carr, or some other forward type as a small forward and Bird switched back and forth between PF & SF.

So................

Very possibly I see Jefferson sliding to center to give the much more foul prone Perkins a rest. Ryan Gomes then comes in to play 10-15 minutes at the PF spot....Perkins comes in to give Jefferson a break and the result is 3 very good players occupying 2 positions keeping the rotation short.

Perkins injury has opened the door to improved play for the Celtics...a sight not lost on Ainge and Doc...a major breakthrough for the team in that Jefferson has now blossomed with more upside to go.

Couple that with Green backing up Pierce and Wally becomming a great 6th man scoring machine ... the Celtics are on the move. Without a center better than Perkins they are limited ... but if they get lucky in the draft...who knows???

If there is any way on earth to acquire Pau Gasol without Giving up Jefferson, Ainge must do it. A front court of Gasol and Jefferson, combined with Pierce, would make the Celts a championship contender for the next few years IMO.

If there is any way on earth to acquire Pau Gasol without Giving up Jefferson, Ainge must do it. A front court of Gasol and Jefferson, combined with Pierce, would make the Celts a championship contender for the next few years IMO.

I would say this would be borderline impossible. The only other guy they would want would be Green but they already have a bunch of wing players and probably wouldn't want to add Green to the mix. If they give up Gasol then they would need a big man in return.

I would say this would be borderline impossible. The only other guy they would want would be Green but they already have a bunch of wing players and probably wouldn't want to add Green to the mix. If they give up Gasol then they would need a big man in return.

Scalabrine ... gift wrapped!!! :eat2: :help: :eat1:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back