Welcome to PatsFans.com

Al Gore "the interior of the earth is extremely hot - several million degrees"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by MrSparkle, Dec 11, 2009.

1. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Al Gore "the interior of the earth is extremely hot - several million degrees"

Come on, you can't say things like this and expect to be taken seriously. This is the MMGW spokesperson. He should know better. I'm an idiot and I know better...

It's does not really change anything. The MMGW supporters will keep supporting and the AGW people will get to have a little fun. Does make him look bad though.

[​IMG]

A higher quality video:
    http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.com/video/clips/al-gore-pt4-111209/1175411/?__cid=thefilter

ATTN: Mods, I checked and if this has been posted here before, please remove.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  2. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

OOOOHHHHH NOOOOOEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!

Global Warming is now officially debunked because Al Gore stopped paying attention in Earth Science class when he learned that the Earth's core temp is hot enough to fry a person instantly and much greater than that needed to melt steel; but didn't bother to learn the actual number!!
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 10 / -26

Hard to have fun when the link does not come up...
  4. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Sorry, not sure what happened. I fixed the first link. There is also a better quality link at the bottom of my post.
  5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

This story seems to be on a lot of right wing sites, and simply shows their typical ignorance. In the clip, Gore does a fine job explaining geothermal energy, a perfectly viable source that should offend no one, but instead the right-wing focuses on a clearly off-the-cuff (and wrong) comment about how hot the center of the earth is. From the absurd Creationism to their petty attacks against global warming to their complaints about the educated elite, America's conservative have always fought a losing battle against progress, but they do slow the tide a little.
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Only if you also think FOXNews looked bad when they grossly overestimated crowd size at both The TeaBaggers Rally and Sarah Palin's book signings -otherwise it's just politically acceptable exaggeration.
  7. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Nice attack and redirect. I expect more from you.

"absurd Creationism"
    "petty attacks against global warming"
    "complaints about the educated elite"
    "America's conservative have always fought a losing battle against progress"

All this because Al Gore is an idiot who does not know that drilling a few kilometers down does not melt drill bits (we got the new ones that don't melt now don't ya know) you need to attack the right to make one of your hero's not look so bad. ROFL, please.

What's the price of tea in China?

If this were Palin... I don't even have to wonder what the comments would be.
  8. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

Gore
    Making millions bellowing out his crap, good luck to him, the thing the loons should be worried about is middle eastern country's that are run by America Hating Religious Fanatic Savages making and using Nuclear Weapons because as sure as God made little yellow butterflys some day these bastards will come back to America and Blow Boston Chicago and NYC to kingdom come, they are patient and they are planning so this country better keep on Waterboarding, Wiretapping and Playing Screaming Striesand music in their cells at night, we better keep an eye on Uncle Jeremiah Wright too.

Don't Worry About Cow's Farting, Start Worrying About Boob Gore Trying To Screw Your Whole Life Up.

GOD DAMN AMERICA
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 7 / -8

The fact is, MrSparkle, that Gore mentioned the temperature in a fleeting moment, and it's being used by the right as part of an increasingly desperate propaganda campaign against doing something to protect our planet. When I did my own search, all the usual players came up -- Fox news, Glen Beck, Drudge, among many others.

If Sarah Palin had made the same remark, yes, liberals would have lampooned her, but that does not negate the fact that the hacking of emails and using quotes like this are part of a political conspiracy by the right to protect oil companies and the Saudis even at the cost of truth. As they say, you can fool some of the people some of the time, and I think that's the case with most of the armchair global warming skeptics.
  10. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Were you outraged when Palin's email account was hacked?

You say Al made a mistake in a fleeting moment. In that moment he also decided to come up with melting drill bits and how they overcame that with new ones that don't melt anymore. Sounds like he's talked about this before, he should know better. IT'S HIS CAUSE.

What about protecting my right not to be taxed to death by something that I am not convinced about. Cap and Trade is going to kill this country for the sake of global warming. It's always some evil company that's behind why people don't agree with libs and their causes. It's can't possibly be something that effects the average person. I tire of the "we know what's best, you know nothing". Please, don't save me from myself.

There are many opposing scientists to GW. You know all of this and still twist things to your agenda. The people that oppose GW are doing so because they have seen inconsistent information and remain unconvinced. They see spending and control, taxes and what all the ****e will cause. But that does not fit your agenda so it can't possible be true, can it.

What if you're wrong Patters, are you willing to bet our way of life that you're right? That's how many of us see this. They see this as something that is going to stifle our economy and by doing so, our way of life.

Anyway, I must apologize. This is not what I intended this thread for. We have enough GW/AGW threads. All I wanted to show is that the right does not have a monopoly on idiots. (not you Patters, Gore)
  11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

There I fixed it for you. Let me get this straight, when the scientists fudge the data and collude to prevent publication of any evidence that their paradigm is wrong, they try to silence them but the guy who blows the whistle on this sham is the bad guy?
    And you have the nerve to talk about the truth after what you pulled yesterday in the James Buchanan thread a) listing it as Pat Buchanan when it wasn't and 2) falsely claiming it was his brother . I'm still waiting for an acknowledgment that it was either mistaken or overtly intentionally fraudulent.
    Go back and read Thomas Kuhn's Structure of Scientific Revolutions. The evidence goes against the accepted paradigm (global warming) so instead of changing the paradigm, they try to shoot the messenger. Political correctness applied to science.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +578 / 2 / -9

Al Gore is the leading figure in the Global Warming side show so I would think he would have the brains to choose his words more carefully but of course we are dealing with the same man that said he invented the Internet he is also the same goof ball who said a few years back that the SUV should be banned from the world then the following week they ran pictures of Gore and his family loading up THREE SUV's with the families SKI's out in Colorado.

In the privacy of his home he still makes his family and his maid call him "Mr President"
  13. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Oh!! How rich the irony!!

For one who is so very worried about getting the names of the players correct it would serve you well to check who said what before you make a fool out of yourself for yelling at someone for being "overtly intentional fraudulant" when you've made the same mistake yourself.

Check it out, if you will. It was Darryll's thread, not Patters whom you're yelling at who started the thread and it was Darryll who claimed that Patrick was James' brother.

Fer shame. How embarassing.
  15. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

I wonder if he read that in an e-mail. :rolleyes:

The whole Global Warming movement is having a meltdown lately it seems. It's good in some ways to see the finer commercial interests exposed, but bad in others because there really is a need to move toward cleaner, cheaper energy.

Sometimes, when you try to hard, you actually do worse.
  16. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Only among the ignorant deniers. And there is a vast amount of ignorance on the issue out there.
  17. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I have to agree with you Patriot_in_NY. Just because many are not convinced of MMGW does not mean we can freely pollute and harm our planet. We need to search for other sources of cheap, clean energy.

But then again, there are other threads to discuss this. This thread is dedicated to Al Gore and the hotter then the Sun core of our planet.
  18. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yes. Yes it is.
  19. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Child, he's the face man. Did you watch the vid? He got more the one fact wrong. If this was the front man for a Right wing concern, you would be the first to crucify. It's ok, I understand. It's not easy being a liberal is it. All those feeling getting in the way. Having to solve the worlds problems and all.
  20. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

Speaking of "deniers", you are among the biggest on here. If you don't see the current struggle going on, you are in complete denial. I'm not convinced it's all good, but it Climate Change is going through a difficult stretch.

Part of that is understanding. People are starting to realize the COSTS associated with aspects of changing, so they are looking deeper at the science. Not many of the people you accuse of being "deniers" here have ever said that it's a hoax, or that there aren't rising CO2 levels, or that the planet is warming.

Most of us are just not sure on the reason, ramifications and benefits because the science on that is NOT NEARLY as settled a you demand us all to believe. Certainly not to the level that we are willing to risk tanking our economy even further to find out.