Welcome to PatsFans.com

Al Gore Better Buy Some Oil (Haliburton)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +354 / 1 / -9

Arctic air from western Canada will pour southward into the Pacific Northwest, northern Rockies, and northern Plains this week, and this will mark the beginning of a true winter weather pattern that will encompass much of the nation over the next couple of weeks. The core of the coldest air by the latter part of the week will be centered in the Rockies and northern Plains, and the arrival of the cold air will mean another round of accumulating snow for Denver later this week.

The cold air will slowly push southward and eastward from this weekend into early next week and will likely arrive in the eastern part of the country by the middle of next week. Much of the nation will then have a cold weather pattern for the second half of the month.

Long-range forecasting expert Bastardi points out that it's too early to say with certainty that the change in the weather pattern will be long-lasting or produce heavy amounts of snow. However, he believes that if the weather pattern reaches its full potential, the dramatic change from warmth to cold could result in "one of the top-five coldest 30-day stretches in the past half century."

http://wwwa.accuweather.com/pressroom.asp?pr=wx_258.htm
  2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it's really uncanny how many of your threads plummett to the bottom of the list, unresponded to, when no one cares, or understands, the point you're ever trying to make...

too telling.....

anyhow, with my no child left behind policy of blogging in mind.... tell us, professor: what in God's name does a cold snap have to do with the overwhelming evidence of climate change? do you think you can offer any semblance of substance in answering that very specific question? or will you be blaming it all on the non-believers?

Noah's ark hit land 6000 years ago. Why are you still on it?
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Now now, PressCoverage, as extreme as Harry posts sometimes are, he never launches personal attacks, and generally is a fine role model for how to be really offensive without breaking the rules of the forum.

I think he view this weather forecast as evidence against global warming and in favor of big oil. Of course, those who believe in global warming will point out that on average temperatures are rising, but some parts of the earth during some periods may still experience below normal temperatures.
  4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +354 / 1 / -9

It got you all fired up :D
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

no, instead he's allowed to go off on a Torret-like rants against just about every ethnic or non-neocon group imaginable... as well as gays and women...

nonetheless, you'll also notice, that when challenged on any of his "points," with direct questioning, he can never answer the question...

he's a non factor... sorry, i know you guys love him somehow, but he brings nothing to the table besides the same tired old "get out of my country, liberals are all commies" blather...
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Harry's from another time. I've had it out with him a bunch, but you gotta respect the guy. He's 80 years old, didn't make it through grade school, but he's a sharp knife (he's usually wrong, but he's certainly not dumb).
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +354 / 1 / -9

Hi Patters,
    Please, just this once, please let me say this just once, I'll never say it again
    never.

I have sat quietly by and taken this over eductaed slide rule guys sh!t for a few weeks, please let me say this before I go "Clamming", my neighbors wife is out in the yard waiting for me.

"HI MR PRESS COVERAGE, GO F-CK YOURSELF"
    :bricks:
  8. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

PressCoverage, actually some of Harry Boy's posts have been shut down for prejudice, a fact he brings up every now and then. And, though some people think I'm too active a moderator, in fact I think I let a hell of a lot slide as you seem to suggest.

People like NEM and Harry Boy fully predate the computer revolution. On the internet, they are often the biggest nonconformists. I find that refreshing, even though it's sometimes annoying. They're sometimes over the top, but they're colorful and full of emotion, and they pull no punches. Many people in all forums are into denial of the fact that the most controversial characters are the ones who make the forum an exciting place. NEM can say almost anything and generate a few dozen responses; Harry Boy doesn't do bad in that regard either. I think a forum is like a party; the greater the variety of people, the more fun.
  9. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

In other words, Harry is an old school lunatic, of the tin-foil hat wearing, communist-chasing variety. Where else are you going to find someone like that to interact with? NEM, on the other hand, I think just has a bad lack of social skills. If I met Harry in real life, I'd buy him a beer, NEM's I would avoid.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +354 / 1 / -9

Jesus H Christ Bless you Patters, go down to Central Sq, stand on the corner of Brookline & Mass Ave with a sign that says "Red Burt" sent me, people will be asking for your autograph.
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

sadly, just about every walk of life...

hey, i'm not advocating censorship... you do let a lot slide, Patters, and I applaud that, considering other draconic message boards i participate on that ...

however, biggoted hate speech is a whole other realm... and when he goes David Duke, i'll continue to be right there holding him accountable... especially when he routinely and ironically suggests the left are the racists... too funny...
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

arguably your most articulate sentence yet... at least i can understand it, anyhow... good work!

as for taking my sh!t , you warrant it ... and as long as i'm here, i'll be right behind you obliterating your inane, white power babble... get used to it...
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Hmm. I don't think it's quite my style to stand in Central Square carrying a sign like that, but I'm dying to know: Who's Red Burt?
  14. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

If he's such a non-factor, then why do you feel compelled to respond to his every post?

Harry and Nem each have their own shtick which most of us in here accept for what it is.
  15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, as is the mantra of his heroes in office: unchecked aggression is truly an injustice... he is a non factor, and i will help point that out to passers-by who don't know any better...

but you feel it's merely a "schtick?"
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +354 / 1 / -9

-----Yup-----
  17. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Harry Biggity Boy! and P to the C .....

I enjoy reading both of your posts. You'll never agree with each others views or ways to express them. Its funny how you fall for each others method for presenting an opinion.

I applaud each of you for sticking to your guns. It presents me with both sides of an issue.......

even one as NON-political as a 'cold-front'

Keep on keeping on!

PS you two need your own TV show.
  18. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

yep, we'll be here all week...

however, you'll notice that, as usual, he never responded to my initial challenge in this thread... the one whereby i asked what one cold snap has to do with the irrefutable evidence of climate change? ...
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +354 / 1 / -9

As Long As My Name Is First, I want top billing because right wingers are far more sensible, and stable, you don't want a liberal leftnic guarding the chicken coop because when the fox shows up un the middle of the night the liberal will say "oh hi Mr Fox please don't eat my chickens" Mr Fox will laugh and then eat the chicken and urinate on the liberals leg before he leaves.

When the right winger is guarding the chicken coop and the fox shows up the the right winger says "oh hi Mr Fox, then he bashes the Fox's F-cking head in with a shovel", the chickens all applaud and go back to sleep.
  20. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The fox, being cunning, would trick the right-winger by saying that Ann Coulter is signing books outside. Then he would eat the chickens.

A smart right winger fox wouldn't even need to eat the chickens, he would just steal their retirement money.