Welcome to PatsFans.com

Al Davis & Oilers GM confirm KC Chiefs Spy practices - team fined by NFL

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JoeSixPat, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +178 / 2 / -3

Sorry for once again posting something from this article, but it's just mind boggling to me that the NFL and Media are singling out the Patriots when we have so many former coaches, team owners, and team executives going on the record about the espionage, spying and outright filming of other teams games and practices going back to 1955.

http://www.thesportgallery.com/sport-stories/1967aug-nflspy.html

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  2. BradyManny

BradyManny Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -1

Good work digging up these articles....man, I cringe though when I see all that happened was a slap on the wrist compared to what we got...

3. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Man this joe is on the ball... I just wish idiots like Espn's Mike and the meat head would read these...

4. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

Just start sending them to all the pepoe you and think of over there.

5. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +297 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Why was it only a fine and not draft picks as well???????

6. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +178 / 2 / -3

There's no reason for Specter not to call Al Davis in to elaborate further about what he told this reporter.

Doesn't Specter think that fans have a right to know that spying has been a regular practice in the NFL for 50 years?

Or is Specter only interested in focusing on the years since his Comcast has been paying him off and the Eagles lost the Super Bowl?

7. PatsFanJess

PatsFanJess Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

8. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

And while he's at it, why not ask him if the Raiders taped anything before the 1981 Super Bowl when the Raiders beat the Eagles........

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  9. PatsFanJess

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Were they caught before the memo was sent out and stopped doing it afterward? This is the debate I have with my boyfriend everyday. I tell him all this stuff and he goes "well, the Pats didnt listen to the memo and thats why theyre in trouble and every other team did listen to the memo." I dont know how to argue this bc personally, I think that's besides the point. Yes, that IS ultimately why we got punished but I also think that BB didnt think what he was doing was besides the rule. I dont. He wouldnt have risked so much and it wouldnt have been out in clear view of everyone if it was "spying." Of course, thats not a good enough answer for my bf, so does anyone else know how to shut him up? Any other opinions?

10. Gunnails

Gunnails In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Al Davis=Rat!

11. JoeSixPat

Ratings:
    +178 / 2 / -3

If you're talking about the 2006 memo, the current witch hunt focuses on matters well before 2006.

This article is talking about NFL espionage practices that existed in 1967 and before... going back to the 1955 Bears. I have no idea what memos were at play back then but clearly, the Chiefs violated an existing rule and were fined for it.

Although videotape wasn't used back then, the article does document filming practices.

I'm sure no one would be so naiive to think that espionage was common in 1967 but then went away for the next 40 years. Common sense tells us that it only became much more advanced as technology improved.

12. PatsFanJess

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah the memo, sorry. I was rambling a bit. lol:) Thanks for that. My bf is convinced that the entire Patriots organization knew about it and I just think he is an idiot. Hes a Yankees fan and a 49ers fan. Hes under the dilusion that what the Yankees did was not half as bad as what the Pats did bc with the Yankees it was "only a few players" as oppossed to the "whole organization. haha. I think I'm on my way to kicking him out the door though. lol. Hes a moron.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.