Welcome to PatsFans.com

al Ameriki tribe

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patriot_in_NY, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Just read it...... put away the tin foil hats, put away the glossy "we're winning cuz we're America" stuff. Just read it. Yes, there is stuff in there that is "propagandish" (like the baking of children), but perhaps, just perhaps SOME of what is written is true, it is very good news for ALL of us.

Many mistakes have been made, and perhaps we should not be there, but I urge you to read the STORY, with {somewhat} of an open mind. We are there, and we must not fail them, as so many have before. And, just on a personal note...... to my brothers there right now, and those that will never leave............ Charlie Tango Mike.

-LINK-
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

uhhhhh......

link?
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Praise Jesus

Kill The Bastards
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Done, SORRY
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

great piece.

Most of the problem with Iraq, is that reporting is dangerous, and a lot of information either for or agaist the war never gets to the evening news, or the front page.

PINY, this IS propoganda though. The writer uses the source of "some" and "many". HE calls them the American tribe. The article suggests that the only people the Iraquis can rely on is the United States army. This feeds directly into plan - A of the surge. This feeds into the "we will stand down when they stand up...." mentality of the executive branch. This article says that the troops can NEVER leave because they are the only ones on the good side of the fight.

There is a reason that most of us don't hear about news like this. Its because the majority of Iraq is hell on Earth. Check what is actually being reported on a daily basis...its bad.

I pray that there are more days like the one I just read about, screw the slant I believe this article to be on the side of. I could care less about partisan politics. But....hey...if this is a trend, if the only hope the Iraqi people have is our troops against their own countrymen, if we get all warm and fuzzy when we hear how much they love OUR troops, I fear this will go on for a long....LONG time.

stay up Playah!
  6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I appreciated the sentiments HD. Trust me............ for both our sakes, we need to hope this is more fact than fiction. Trust me, not all is grand over there, but WE MUST listen to those the have invested so much. I pray everyday that their courage is enough. Have you ever been in combat? Sometimes it's all you got, and all that keeps you going. Lets not take it away from them.

We can determine if this was all FUBAR from the start later. WE NEED TO win this now. All of us do.

Thanks, that's the best post I've seen from you. We disagree on much, but in the end, we both know what is important.

by the way... Yes, I do understand {and filter} the propaganda aspect of this report.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  7. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Thanks for submitting that article PiNY.
    A story like this just might sway public opinion.
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

IMO Yon isn't 'slanted ', but he has spent so much time with the Iraqi people and American troops in the field he does identify with them a any of us might when we get to know someone face to face.

Ton has done the best job of getting out info on the War IMO.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

Yon is no puppet. He's been in the sh!t since it all started, including Afghanistan. I've been reading his reports for years.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

If Pant Suit Hillary or Sacred Obama are elected President they are going to have to deal with Iran and the rest of the Muslim Terrorists all over the world, has either one of them ever told anybody how they intend to do it?

GOD HELP THE USA

DEATH TO AMERICA-----they're coming, you can bet on it, can you picture one of these two saps running a war.

We should give all the Illegal Aliens guns and let them fight the Muslims.

Well God, "what the hell are you going to do"?
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

What do you mean by this? You make it sound like more than a tiny fraction of Americans are actually doing anything one way or another about Iraq and the post-demolition rebuild. No one cares and no one's life has been affected by this (statistically). People discuss it, but there is no common effort on this any more than people concern or involve themselves with NASA.
  12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

:wha: , I guess, I'm not sure what you're saying/asking.

My point was that many of the people that discuss the war (in here certainly) are only interested in our past failures than what is actually happening. Does that mean all is rosy, not at all. Does it mean that some very positive things are happening? yes, in fact it does. The most positive in a LONG time. Like it or not, we are there, and the NOW is very important.
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 5 / -22

Au contraire, mon ami.. many of us do not want to be in Iraq and have not supported this incursion since the inception, most of us want a quick resolution, however the will and desire of the Iraqi people is suspect and thier "tribalism" deters them from working as a common group against a common enemy. If tommorrow, for some strange reason, there was a leader who would come forth and unite all these folks and then proceed in a relatively democratic way all would be happy. The whole concept that people revel in failure or negativity is a figment of the RW press imagination, the reality is that no one wants what has happened.. this conflict was based on wrong intelligence, understaffed, with substandard equipment and fought politically correct from inside the beltway. War is war, and should be left to the generals on the field.. if they say they need 250K troops, need to trust them.. for them to ask for 250K troops, but then get only 150K troops and fail then the beltway deciders are responsible. What is happening here looks more and more like Viet Nam over and over, major decisions are made from those who have never had boots on the ground and the results show.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I meant:
    1. What makes you think "...WE NEED TO win this now. All of us do...."? Who's "WE"?

2.My other point was that the People have no involvement in this nation-building / occupation. They don't care, wouldn't sacrifice, and want it to stop now.
  15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 6 / -8

Okay. "Tribe America." "Yon is no puppet." Is it just me...?

http://www.teamamerica.com/

PFnV

PS, you can youtube various tribute videos to the theme song, "America, F*** Yeah," on your own... I just don't think they do tribute to the original with the marionettes and all.

PPS, DO play the trailer at the "Team America" link.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2007
  16. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Don't hold your breath.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6279864.stm

War is just great isn't it?
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

WTF does any of the above mean?
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

19. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

It's easier to rant than pose an intelligent objection to the reporting of someone who is in Iraq currently.
  20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +326 / 6 / -8

It means I find a serendipitous humor in the juxtaposition of the phrases "Tribe Amerika" and "Puppet," in the context of a film called "Team America," which stars marionettes. I also find a tremendous amount of humor in the theme song, "America... F*** Yeah," which could be the theme song of any number of jingoistic posters hereabouts. I do not, however, like some of the YouTube tributes to said theme song.

What part of this was in any way unclear?

PFnV