PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AJ McCarron would like to be a Patriot

I did, I thought about it. I don't blame him in particular for his stupid mom, but "media savvy" types don't generally tend to have those problems

The most media savvy person in the world can't shut a family member up if they're determined to open their mouth.

The most media savvy person in the world can't shut a family member up if they're determined to open their mouth.

Tom Brady can't prevent Kevin Youkilis from being a jerk. That's poor media relations on TB12s part......

Neither Tom Brady nor Peyton Manning can keep their fathers from talking.

This is true, for certain. I should probably not have led with that one, I just think it's inaccurate to portray him as media savvy unless we are comparing him to someone who is ddecidedly not. Teddy Bridgewater, for instance, has had zero instances of weirdness, whereas McCarron has at least had a few.

I do not intend to bash the young fella, though. I just don't think he should be a priority for the team. Saying that you emulate the best quarterback of all time is not news to me, every single quarterback his age should be emulating Brady.

The only way the Pats should even remotely consider this is if they are able to trade Mallett prior to the draft. Otherwise there is no reason to draft McCarron. The team has holes to fill this offseason - enough so that a luxury pick like McCarron does not make sense.

The only way the Pats should even remotely consider this is if they are able to trade Mallett prior to the draft. Otherwise there is no reason to draft McCarron. The team has holes to fill this offseason - enough so that a luxury pick like McCarron does not make sense.

Teams have holes to fill every year, and Mallett's contract ends after this year. QB is not a desperate need, but it's not a luxury pick, either.

Teams have holes to fill every year, and Mallett's contract ends after this year. QB is not a desperate need, but it's not a luxury pick, either.

Based on the lack of interest in Mallett so far and the willingness of the Pats to move him, I would argue that RM isn't likely to be a sought after commodity. If that's the case then its not a pressure situation that needs to be addressed, making a McCarron pick a luxury.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back