PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AJ Hawk vs Notre Dame: a BEAST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He's freakin' everywhere... sacking Quinn... tackling runners in the backfield... great in coverage... wow. Covering the field side to side.

and he will be drafted within the first hour of the draft so we have no shot

Patskers said:
and he will be drafted within the first hour of the draft so we have no shot

I agree. Would love to have him, but trading up from 32 into the top 5 is pretty steep.

the patriots actually have the 21st pick in the draft. But if new england advances farther than the redskins than the pats will get the 22th pick of the draft.

AJ Hawk = Andy Katzenmoyer

nah...no thanks...already seen this movie

jaj18 said:
the patriots actually have the 21st pick in the draft. But if new england advances farther than the redskins than the pats will get the 22th pick of the draft.

The final order isn't determined until after the playoffs. And since the Pats are in the playoffs, that 21st pick isn't set in stone.

SoonerPatriot said:
The final order isn't determined until after the playoffs. And since the Pats are in the playoffs, that 21st pick isn't set in stone.

I read at fox sports that it was already mostly determined. Depending on how far they advance, the pats will pick either 21st or 22nd.
heres the article:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5212842

Have some faith folks. We are drafting 32nd this April

I just read about the super bowl pick. the Winner gets the 32nd and the loser gets the 31st no matter what. I was going on them saying that the patriots could not fall below 22nd, i guess fox sports doesnt expect that patriots too make it to the super bowl.

Last edited:
jaj18 said:
I read at fox sports that it was already mostly determined. Depending on how far they advance, the pats will pick either 21st or 22nd.
heres the article:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5212842

Incorrect.

All playoff teams' picks are up in the air.

The first team to lose gets the #20th pick. The last team to lose (loser of Super Bowl) gets the #31 pick. Super Bowl winner gets the #32 pick.

If the Pats are the second team to lose in the playoffs, they get the #21 seed. That's the only situation.

EDIT: I read the article through and I guess it's slightly different. The Pats can be either #21, #22, #31, or #32.

Last edited:
Joker said:

Actually, Katzenmoyers play declined throughout his career at Ohio St (he was great as a freshman)

Hawk has improved throughout his career..id take him if he was on the board (which isnt going to happen)

Joker said:

Right. Because they both played the same position at the same school.

Just like the brigade proclaiming the Pats shouldnt' draft Larry Johnson bc he would be another Penn St RB bust.

It would be great to see Hawk being mentored by Vrabel. But I'd need some long drags on the pipe from the "Charlie's first bowl game" thread if I were going to claim that could happen. ;)

I'm fairly sure BB/SP will draft a linebacker this year, but it won't be Hawk, just as I don't see the Pats getting Samardzija next year. . . .

Personally I thought ABC made too much of the fact that Hawk is dating Quinn's sister (and she's a definite looker). After interviewing her during the game she sounded concerned for brother and angry at boyfriend. Looks like blood is thicker than water.

I love Charlie Weis and hate Ohio State. So you can guess my mindset right now.

Bob G

Patskers said:
Actually, Katzenmoyers play declined throughout his career at Ohio St (he was great as a freshman)

Hawk has improved throughout his career..id take him if he was on the board (which isnt going to happen)

Uhhh, the only similarities between the two are they both played LB at Ohio St. Hawk is infinately more athletic than Katzenmoyer.

SoonerPatriot said:
Uhhh, the only similarities between the two are they both played LB at Ohio St. Hawk is infinately more athletic than Katzenmoyer.

Not to mention, Hawk has a functioning brain...

PatDaPatriot said:
Not to mention, Hawk has a functioning brain...

He has to have a functioning brain, being smart enough to snatch up Brady Quinn's sister

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes