PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AJ Edds - SILB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
His dad is named Richard Clayborn... I don't think they are related.

Just throwing this out there... Klug was a beast in the bowl game. And damn, I never realized Iowa had all of these NFL prospects :cool:

Iowa consistently puts out quality pros... they aren't always the most-heralded, but they work hard and play hard. Okay, I'm a little biased as an alum, but these Kirk Ferentz guys do well.

Just throwing this out there... Klug was a beast in the bowl game. And damn, I never realized Iowa had all of these NFL prospects :cool:
Klug instantly became a primary 2011 watch target in that game.

Iowa consistently puts out quality pros... they aren't always the most-heralded, but they work hard and play hard. Okay, I'm a little biased as an alum, but these Kirk Ferentz guys do well.

While this is true, it is interesting that the only one that BB drafted was the undersized Mike Elgin.

While the Pats have only drafted Mike Elgin out of Iowa, they have taken 12 other Players whom played against Iowa during their college tenures. Those players are: Ellis Hobbs, David Thomas, Shawn Crable, Laurence Maroney, Eugene Wilson, Matt Light, Tom Brady, J.R. Redmond, Greg Robinson-Randall, David Nugent, Christian Mortan , Guss Scott and Marquise Hill.

That's the list I had compiled up to the 2008 draft. I hadn't researched the 2009 Draft to see who Ferentz could have commented on from that Draft.

Good list. Very mixed bag of results. Just goes to show you how difficult it is to project players to the next level and how hard it is for the players to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back