Welcome to PatsFans.com

Air America shows some class

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

April 3, 2008, 2:20 pm
    [size=+3]Air America Host Suspended for Clinton Remarks[/size]

By Brian Stelter

Randi Rhodes, an afternoon host for the progressive Air America radio network, was suspended Thursday after repeatedly insulting Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton at an event last month.

Ms. Rhodes used vulgar language that likened Mrs. Clinton to a prostitute at an event sponsored by KKGN, the Air America affiliate in the San Francisco area, on March 22. A video of Ms. Rhodes’ remarks was published to the video-sharing Web site YouTube on Tuesday, prompting condemnations by some bloggers.

In a statement, Charlie Kireker, the chair of Air America, said the radio network “encourages strong opinions about public affairs but does not condone such abusive, ad hominem language by our hosts.”

The network called Ms. Rhodes’ suspension “indefinite” and did not elaborate on the fate of her daily three-hour radio show. “The Randi Rhodes Show” is normally broadcast from 3 to 6 p.m. weekdays. Sam Seder, another Air America host, was scheduled to fill in for Ms. Rhodes on Thursday.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/03/air-america-host-suspended-for-clinton-remarks/

//
  2. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think this suspension is wrong, but at least it's consistent with their word police philosophy. I've heard that audio; it was taped by someone in the audience of a standup club. The taper then released it to the internet. She called Hilary a "f%&^ing whore" and referred to Geraldine Ferraro as David Duke. I don't think its funny, but it was in the context of a standup routine. Her audience was loving it too. Also, she referred to Reagan and Cheney as anti-semites, but of course that isn't mentioned, and if she stopped there, they probably wouldn't have suspended her.

Bottom line, I don't think Randi should be suspended for what she says at an off-show event. BUT, considering this hyper-politically correct environment is something she's helped to create, I don't really feel that bad for her.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Imus
    :singing::singing::singing::singing:
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

HOLY CRAP. I thought Randy was dead, but it looks like he just had a sex-change.
    Modern science is fun!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  5. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Hahahah good one wistah. He was awesome, that first Black Sabbath record was soooooo ground breaking.
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What comes out of the mouths of women these days...

Today's woman in America-------> :bricks:

//
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

She was trying to be "cool" and craves to be accepted by the "Politically Correct Pandering A$s Kissers" that gaze up at Barack Hussein Obama as though he was a f-cking "Pagan God"

Poor old Pant Suit Hillary, her "Black Community" dumped her now all the "Nose Ring Crowd" have deserted her, it's a joy to watch.

Imagine what the liberal media would have done with this if Coulter had said that, Fox & Drudge are playing it but the other left wing a$s holes will try to drop it as fast as they can (this slut is a lefty) Fox and Drudge are running CBS & NBC right out of business.

:bricks:
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Tee Hee!....
    I said "Hussein Obama"...Get it? That means Obama is just like Sadaam Hussein...tee, hee,...tee, hee.......Saddam was also a terrorist who planned and pulled off the 9/11 attacks, so that means...ready for this...tee, hee...Obama is a terrorist arab muslim who will destroy America....tee, heee...get it?
    ....tee, hee......
  9. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would have gone to the courts, to Congress, and to all their "owned" political operatives to have Ann Coulter imprisoned if she had said this about Hillary or -- God forbid -- about Barack.

So we have at least two or three standards going on in America right now, all depending on one's politics.

Bad scene, momma.

//
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Hee hee tee, I said "Hussein" because thats the name his daddy gave him, when the Prince has to sign legal documents and the document requires first last and middle name the Prince has to write in "Hussein" on the line that says "middle name"

:singing: tee hee ha ha ho ho ho :singing:

Middle enitial required "H"
  11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +233 / 8 / -13

I thought it just got on the dress and in the sink? :D
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I've heard several people have asked Chelsea, but she says its none of our business. :wha: "None of our business" what the president does to the Oval Office!!! Hey, Chelsea, that's MY Oval Office as much as it is yours or your parents'!!!

:mad:

Stop being such a Stepford Daughter that you lose all sense of right and wrong!!! Being President or First Daughter is NOT worth it!!! Hello!!

//
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

No you don't you lying sack of sh!t. You and everyone else here knows why you use "Hussein". Who the fu(k do you think you're dealing with here - inbred Mainers?

You and other idiots who insist on "recognizing" Obama's middle name do it because, other than the words of his pastor, you have nothing else to hang your propeller beanies on. The irony is that there's plenty of his policies and positions you could easily criticize, but you're too lazy and dumb to have any real discussion about complex issues like the economy, the Supreme Court, trade agreements, or international relations. You have to latch on to stupid things like his middle name and the size of his ears.

It's boring, but it's also makes it very easy to make fun of you and your partners.
  14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

EWWW!

[​IMG]
  15. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well...you've gotta admit, he brought the ears into it himself. I heard the audio where he suggested that Maureen Dowd not talk about his ears.

I mean...we can't get through anything that involves Limbaugh without someone mentioning his weight or his addiction to prescription drugs. GWB is a "chimp". Reagan was a "dunce". How many SNL and MadTV skits have their been involving Clinton dancing around in his undies (or something similar)?

The point is that you can't really blame someone for making fun of someone's ears, can you?

*Full disclosure again: I think the middle name thing is dumb. I do say "BHO", but simply because "BO" didn't seem right.**
  16. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I think the ears are funny too. I could care less if someone makes fun of Obama's ears. I was just pickin on Harry. It's the stupid obsession with the name...as if there are no other issues to talk about.
    Taxes, anyone? Military spending? Environmental laws?
    Nope! We gotta figure out whether Rev. Wright is a communist or not!
  17. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +512 / 6 / -2

I agree pretty much.

Um, what are his policies and positions? So far I've heard alot about "change", but nothing specific about what that change actually is.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Yup your right whista, there is another reason, it's because Obama and all his worshipers don't want anybody mentioning his middle name, well f-ck him and f-ck his a$s kissers, when you run for President you better get ready for anything and everything to be said about you and that includes the Name your parents gave you.

I call him "Hussein" because he doesn't want me to call him "Hussein" f-ck him, he's no better than "The Chimp", why are you so sensitive about this Elvis a$s holes middle name, could there be a hidden reason :confused:
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Wistah must be a crazy Muslim, too. :eek:

//
  20. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

what do you mean "too?" As well as who? Your stupidity is astounding. I wish they wouldn't let you vote.